The Journey Began & Ended With Steve Perry For ME!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The Journey Began & Ended With Steve Perry For ME!

Postby Shadowsong » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Sorry, thats just the way it was. I remember buying a pre Perry album in the early 80's & being very disappointed to not hear Steve Perry;s voice. There was no Journey for me before Steve Perry & there is no Journey for me after...The Parties Over! :wink:
~Shadow~

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Re: The Journey Began & Ended With Steve Perry For ME!

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Shit post.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Shadowsong » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Right back at you! I'm entitled to my opinion!
~Shadow~

Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Shadowsong wrote:Sorry, thats just the way it was. I remember buying a pre Perry album in the early 80's & being very disappointed to not hear Steve Perry;s voice. There was no Journey for me before Steve Perry & there is no Journey for me after...The Parties Over! :wink:

I don't get it. The concept of having a Steve Perry was not invented when you bought a pre Perry album. What are ya, nuts, or something, or perhaps clairvoyant? :lol:

And...what TNC said.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:06 am

And what Shadowsong said...

He's entitled to his damn opinion.
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 am

Tomulator wrote:And what Shadowsong said...

He's entitled to his damn opinion.

Another shitpost. Useless trolling like this is what made Andrew open a separate Steve Perry forum.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 am

while hesitant back in the day to see him go, all it took was to see Augeri live with them back in 1999.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:45 am

I know what you mean. I went to see the band when they were here at the State Fair, not knowing Mr Perry had already left the building. Mr Augeri was doing his best but I was so disappointed that after only a few songs that I had to leave. Once he is in your head with his persona, charisma and voice...well a well intended inpersonater won’t do. And/or did you just have another close encounter with him again? I am telling you, it must be kismet.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:43 am

As a longtime member of this forum, I have to say that this is one of the most pitiful posts I have ever read. Perryheads have gone from predicting that Journey without Perry will fail to now denying success and living in their own false reality.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Archetype » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 am

The Journey ended in 1996 for you then. Why are you on a Journey forum in 2018?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby SoonerThunder » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:23 am

Great thread! :roll:
SoonerThunder
Ol' 78

Postby steveo777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am

Arnel is now the longest tenured lead singer in Journey. If it wasn't a happening thing, the band would have folded years ago. Yet, they are still a very successful touring band. Sure wish they'd release one more great album while they can. I'm not a Perry snob. I've liked all incarnations of the band.
steveo777
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 am

If Remember Me had actually been played in full in the movie Armageddon, it would have been a bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry. I am NOT into conspiracy theories, but one must wonder if Steve Perry had connections which prevented the song from being featured in the movie. Just sayin'
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Shadowsong » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Well, I am a she & also a longtime member & am entitled to my opinion. What I said is the truth. Back in 1984 I was in college & I discovered Journey & took it for granted that the "voice" on all Journey Albums was the same & I was sadly mistaken!

Then when in 1998 Journey again toured I saw the name
Steve Augeri & I guess it was so long since I heard them play that I let it slide. Maybe it was denial!

Anyway in early 2000s I won a tix to Augeri fronted Journey in San Bernadino from a radio station & had a friend drive us to this
god forsaken middle of no where areana where it took hours in blistering heat & we were never sure we would find it. We were close & waited for the 10 minute 1 mile long train from hell which could have been drive by Deano to pass. It was about 100 outside & 130 in the car as we had no AC so forgive me if I had some form of delirium after a good 2 or 3 hr drive! Even my eyes were sweating!!!!

It was OK for free! I enjoyed it but the Journeys Over For ME! :mrgreen: I'm done...toast!

Why am I here???? Don;t Stop Believin! Never say never. I suppose there is always hope...it springs eternal...but its been so long since I've seen his face...
~Shadow~

Shadowsong
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Shadowsong wrote:Well, I am a she & also a longtime member & am entitled to my opinion. What I said is the truth. Back in 1984 I was in college & I discovered Journey & took it for granted that the "voice" on all Journey Albums was the same & I was sadly mistaken!

Steve Augeri & I guess it was so long since I heard them play that I let it slide. Maybe it was denial!

Anyway in early 2000s I won a tix to Augeri fronted Journey in San Bernadino from a radio station & had a friend drive us to this
god forsaken middle of no where areana where it took hours in blistering heat & we were never sure we would find it. We were close & waited for the 10 minute 1 mile long train from hell which could have been drive by Deano to pass. It was about 100 outside & 130 in the car as we had no AC so forgive me if I had some form of delirium after a good 2 or 3 hr drive! Even my eyes were sweating!!!!

It was OK for free! I enjoyed it but the Journeys Over For ME! :mrgreen: I'm done...toast!

Why am I here???? Don;t Stop Believin! Never say never. I suppose there is always hope...it springs eternal...but its been so long since I've seen his face...

Shit post!

I'm messing with you. I find you funny, actually. I liked the Deano comment. :mrgreen:
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Shadowsong wrote:Well, I am a she & also a longtime member & am entitled to my opinion. What I said is the truth. Back in 1984 I was in college & I discovered Journey & took it for granted that the "voice" on all Journey Albums was the same & I was sadly mistaken!

I know who you are and I respect your opinion. There are some people who think James Bond died after Connery left. I just don't see the point of rehashing the past. It would be one thing if Perry was still out there performing like, say, Dennis DeYoung or Lou Gramm.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 am

Some people think Wheel In The Sky is the only decent Journey song. They can have their opinion all day long. They are wrong, but they can have their opinion.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby scarab » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:49 am

JourneyHard wrote:If Remember Me had actually been played in full in the movie Armageddon, it would have been a bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry. I am NOT into conspiracy theories, but one must wonder if Steve Perry had connections which prevented the song from being featured in the movie. Just sayin'

More likely the studio/producers caved to Aerosmith who not only had hits in the 90's but this was a Dianne Warren Song.
And being a proven hit maker (albeit a pretty lame one) they thought a Non PErry led Journey song would tank.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Sighlence » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm

JourneyHard wrote:If Remember Me had actually been played in full in the movie Armageddon, it would have been a bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry.

Lol
Sighlence
Radio Waves

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks for the opinion and thoughts and YOU have a right to be here BUT...the post should have been in the SP post. Really.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Greg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 am

I've never heard anybody make this statement before! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 am

scarab wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:If Remember Me had actually been played in full in the movie Armageddon, it would have been a bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry. I am NOT into conspiracy theories, but one must wonder if Steve Perry had connections which prevented the song from being featured in the movie. Just sayin'

More likely the studio/producers caved to Aerosmith who not only had hits in the 90's but this was a Dianne Warren Song.
And being a proven hit maker (albeit a pretty lame one) they thought a Non PErry led Journey song would tank.

They could have had both songs featured in the movie. Aerosmith's song was number one hit, and it was not their best song ever, but the highest on the charts. The same would have happened to Remember Me. It isn't the best song ever, but it could have been a number one hit besting Open Arms at number two.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:02 am

The guy hasn't toured with them in 32 years and has done just .5 tours with them in 35 years. He endorsed Arnel. He is retired. Leave him alone.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:52 am

Sighlence wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:If Remember Me had actually been played in full in the movie Armageddon, it would have been a bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry.

Lol

Bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry? :?
Sorry...um...but no. But you're entitled to your opinion. :?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:25 am

bellairepark73 wrote:
Sighlence wrote:

Lol

Bigger hit for Journey than anything with Steve Perry? :?
Sorry...um...but no. But you're entitled to your opinion. :?

Yes. It would have been a bigger hit than anything. I don't want to bring Star Wars into this, but look it up! Everybody agrees Empire Strikes Back was the best movie of the series, but it made the least of all the movies of the eight of nine series.

A hit song in 1999 would make more than a hit song in 1983. It is simply the truth. You cannot argue facts. Them facts are stubborn things.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:57 am

JourneyHard wrote:Yes. It would have been a bigger hit than anything. I don't want to bring Star Wars into this, but look it up! Everybody agrees Empire Strikes Back was the best movie of the series, but it made the least of all the movies of the eight of nine series.

A hit song in 1999 would make more than a hit song in 1983. It is simply the truth. You cannot argue facts. Them facts are stubborn things.

Thanks for the stats, Cliff Clavin.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Yes. It would have been a bigger hit than anything. I don't want to bring Star Wars into this, but look it up! Everybody agrees Empire Strikes Back was the best movie of the series, but it made the least of all the movies of the eight of nine series.

Thanks for the stats, Cliff Clavin.

That's not what you said. You said bigger hit not made more money. Are the two interchangeable?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am

scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey