Anyone know why they never released this ?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Anyone know why they never released this ?

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Anyone know why they never released this :?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1xNVvWJbAA
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Anyone know why they never released this ?

Postby lparn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Didnt they film a whole show in 2003 or 2005
For a dvd
lparn
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 pm

It's the intro to the Dallas 2005 dvd I think.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm

This was the concert where they had cheerleaders come out at the end of Don't Stop Believing. This was during the tape gate debacle. Even when they announced the show was being recorded, Deano and I said it would never see the light of day.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby marco17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:This was the concert where they had cheerleaders come out at the end of Don't Stop Believing. This was during the tape gate debacle. Even when they announced the show was being recorded, Deano and I said it would never see the light of day.

All these years later, when many don't know or remember, it would be nice to see it released, even if just a live album retrospective-type release. I mean, Cain even was using the tape for Every Generation. I get going back into the studio to redo or clean up vocals, but it was a shame everyone was using them when they didn't need to.
marco17
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:59 pm

marco17 wrote:All these years later, when many don't know or remember, it would be nice to see it released, even if just a live album retrospective-type release. I mean, Cain even was using the tape for Every Generation. I get going back into the studio to redo or clean up vocals, but it was a shame everyone was using them when they didn't need to.

I think the footage is unusable because Augeri awkwardly covered his mouth with a mic for all of these show. This is a dark era that should be left behind.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Archetype » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:59 am

I love that intro music.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 am

Archetype wrote:I love that intro music.

Me too. It's on the 2000 DVD, too. I believe it's actually called Arrival. Would have been a great way to start the album prior to Higher Place... as with Majestic on Evolution.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby marco17 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:59 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
marco17 wrote:All these years later, when many don't know or remember, it would be nice to see it released, even if just a live album retrospective-type release. I mean, Cain even was using the tape for Every Generation. I get going back into the studio to redo or clean up vocals, but it was a shame everyone was using them when they didn't need to.

I think the footage is unusable because Augeri awkwardly covered his mouth with a mic for all of these show. This is a dark era that should be left behind.

Ya, I agree...but you wouldn't see that if it were just a digital release on iTunes instead of video. That's more of where I meant to go with my comment, then a DVD-type release.
marco17
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 am

Pretty sure this was the show/DVD that Kevin Elson had told me they were going to have Augeri go into the studio and remix his vocals for. But once they caught fire with Arnel there was no going back.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey