Journey Through Time Should Hire Kevin

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Through Time Should Hire Kevin

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 am

It is obvious that the future of Journey will be from "Journey Through Time".
Neal has expressed his intentions to record with the band and to tour.
In order to save Deen's voice, they should add another vocalist.
With Rolie there, it is only fitting that his Storm-bandmate, Kevin Chalfant, finally get a chance to sit in the Perry throne.
Thoughts?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Journey Through Time Should Hire Kevin

Postby scarab » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 am

posted this before, not sure who Chalfant was gettings Journeys back, Rolie, Schon, or Herbie in the mid 90's but he would have been my #1 pick to "replace" Perry in 98. Not sure if he even was considered after being swept aside after Perry's return for TBF (though I am really glad that TBF happened and the songs). This song is what Journey would have sounded like with Rolie/Cain/Schon/Smith/Valory and it is awesome. The Journey song that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ruoiGD7ADo

yeah and I hope he does a few songs in Through Time. Sucks that Waite wasnt there for the first go around.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:It is obvious that the future of Journey will be from "Journey Through Time".
With Rolie there, it is only fitting that his Storm-bandmate, Kevin Chalfant, finally get a chance to sit in the Perry throne.
Thoughts?

As much as I agree and love the potential lineup here, reality speaks differently to me. I don't see it as "the future of Journey" at all. This will always be a side project and could never equal the amount of success Journey is still having. I don't see Journey Through Time having the kind of success touring, as Journey already has and will continue to. Ask yourself this: Will casual fans recognize the name, Journey Though Time, or will they just know the name, Journey?
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:15 pm

steveo777 wrote:As much as I agree and love the potential lineup here, reality speaks differently to me. I don't see it as "the future of Journey" at all. This will always be a side project and could never equal the amount of success Journey is still having. I don't see Journey Through Time having the kind of success touring, as Journey already has and will continue to. Ask yourself this: Will casual fans recognize the name, Journey Though Time, or will they just know the name, Journey?

You keep equating the word "future" with "success." No, I don't think JTT would have the same touring success as the Arnel lineup. At the same time, I'm not convinced that lineup is really going to continue on much longer.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 am

I sure hope JTT does a tour. I really would love to see them, But its sounds like Neal already has a couple of side gigs after the Journey tour.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:It is obvious that the future of Journey will be from "Journey Through Time".
Thoughts?

Neal says a lot of things about what he plans to do, but he's largely out of touch with the real world. The JTT lineup will not sell tickets and therefore Azoff & co. will never stand for it. With the current line-up playing the biggest venues they've ever played since Perry, I don't know why there are so many people on this forum predicting its demise.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 am

FamilyMan wrote:Neal says a lot of things about what he plans to do, but he's largely out of touch with the real world. The JTT lineup will not sell tickets and therefore Azoff & co. will never stand for it.

While I largely agree that Neal is dissociated from reality, Deen Castronovo makes it sound like the JTT tour is already locked down.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 am

Journey Through Time should consider doing a CD like the re-united Santana CD of a few years back. Have 15 tracks with Neal doing some instrumental solos in between songs and make it a jam album. Also, they could have Kevin sing lead vocals on a couple songs. Rolie could have lead vocals on a few songs, and Deen is lead on the rest. If the CD has the energy of the Santana CD, it would give them a springboard to a great tour.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 pm

I think Kevin or Hugo either one could add tons of value. Deen is really good on his own as well. It's a tough call between Kevin and Hugo. I'd go with Hugo due to his demonstrated catalog.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey