Dennis interview on Mitch LaFon

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Dennis interview on Mitch LaFon

Postby masque » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:41 am

I won't argue suite madame blue........I can easily see how it would make lots of folks lists.

I think there are several songs that didn't make my list that could have like;

lady
lights
rocking the paradise
suite madame blue
crystal ball
too much time on my hands
blue collar man
the grand illusion

etc...etc....etc... they have lots of great tunes for sure!
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:42 pm

masque wrote:
just asking a polite question here.......when did TS ever publicly say he actually disliked the song Mr. Roboto? The only thing I remember hearing him say was by the time Kilroy came about he was totally burned on the idea of doing ANY concepts and couldn't think of songs about robots.

in all of the interviews I have seen with him or read from him over the years, the only thing I have ever heard him say was that songs like babe and first time was an area they didn't need to go into, the band was big enough already. did I miss something?

It isn't about a past statement about the song itself. It's about the fact that since DDY's ousting, TS\JY\CP have have made only negative statements about the whole KWH project. They never made one single positive comment about it and went as far to say they (TS\JY) didn't feel it was the kind of material Styx should be doing. Now after adding one of the songs from the project TS comes out and says "Oh I always liked that song".
As far as DDY's statement that promoters asked them to add that song to the set list, that is certainly possible. Based on the controversy over KWH it is logical that Styx' management would deny the claim. It's certainly doesn't make good PR for the band. I would also point out that when the current Styx performed in Japan, they played Babe. It was reported that the only reason they played that song was due to the promoters asking that song be included in their set.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 am

What DDY alleged maybe true or far from it, but we all know his main goal is to be back in Styx again even for just a short reunion. And this definitely is not the way to go about it. He’s smarter than this. I realize bringing a little controversy to the Roboto thing keeps its resurgence going a bit longer and keeps the spotlight on both camps. Still, it just further diminishes the minuscule possibility of any type of reconciliation.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby yogi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:35 am

They ripped the shit out of the album and the entire Kilroy project.

Now they play it's biggest hit. BULLSHIT!!

I'm sure they lost MILLIONS of $$$$ playing the small venues. That's what pissed EVERYONE off in the Styx inner circle. Dennis and his vision lost Styx and the Styx team millions of dollars.

Back to Kilroy and Ive posted this at least a dozen times.

At the time I hated the entire side 1 of the Kilroy album. I mean I couldnt believe that Styx went in this direction. Side 2 I enjoyed and I played the shit out of it.

As per the concert. It was BRILLIANT!! It was soooooooo damn far ahead of the curve its laughable. They played damn near every hit, and spun it into a terrific story that made you go back and listen to the album. I saw the concert 4 times. It was GREAT, and EVERY time I saw it, it was FLAWLESS.

Here's what I TRULY dont understand. What they say happened at the Texas Jam NEVER occurred.

I WAS there!

Either the booing they showed on Behind The Music was from when the crowd boos Dr Rightous, or when they announced at the Cotton Bowl that The Blue Laws would be enacted and beer sales were cut off.

And while some people did leave the stadium( they left before Hagar, they left before Triumph also). The crowd leaving was based on: 1) An ALL day show. I think the concert started at around 1 or 2 pm. We started tailgating at 10am when the parking lot opened. 2) The INTENSE heat( 100+ degrees with damn near 80% humidity. 3) a drunk crowd ( they carded kids maybe under 14 and thats about it, EVERYONE was buying beer,& people were trashed before they even entered the Jam). 4) Numerous fights ( alcohol induced muscles)5) VERY VERY limited bathrooms ( nastiest port a potties EVER. 6 & 7) A delay far too long from when Hagar finished and Styx's Kilroy movie started( Styx's ONLY fault of the day)- They announced about 15-20 minutes after Hagar that beer sales were now suspended for the remainder of the concert as per Texas law.......( Blue Laws) The Blue Laws going into effect 1.5 - 2 hours prior to when the law is suppose to go into effect pissed off sooo many drunken people it was unreal. I made a comment to some of my friends there when that happened. I was something to the effect of that our country has a huge drug and alcohol problem. I said this from a far from sober state of mind.

Still, I would bet that at least 30,000 people stayed for the Kilroy show, And without a doubt Styx STOLE the show as a headliner should. (IMO Triumph was a distant 2nd that day & night)

Here's my BIG question:

Why wont Dennis or someone who TRULY knows the story speak up and tell the truth about what REALLY happened at the Texas Jam?

The concert was GREAT, AMAZING!!!! Shakespeare translated PERFECTLY into a stadium setting that night.

I've forgotten a ton of crap over the years. This I totally remember like it was yesterday.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 am

I recently re-watched Behind The Music (remix) and when that Texas Jam aspect came up I thought to myself, "hey haven't people who were there actually stated that what Tommy, JY and other members of the Styx crew is complete bullshit?"

I think even Chuck wrote about it in his book and stated that they were totally unwelcome, nobody wanted them... etc.

It would be nice for others to come out and squash this seemingly totally inaccurate story.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby Cassie May » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:04 am

When the Texas Jam occurred, I was 18 years old and living in Ohio. I saw Kilroy on 9/11/83 at Blossom Music Center. I never heard of the Jam until it was discussed in BTM. What I find interesting about it is that everyone who was there has a story or opinion about it. I have read many quotes and comments about the show. Many people say Styx was booed; many people say it was cutting off the booze that was booed. It makes me think of an old saying about the Bible--give 100 people the same Bible, you'll get 100 different interpretations of it. Same with the Jam. Show thousands of people the same show, get thousands of interpretations and opinions of it. That's not to say any one is right or wrong; it's all in how people view and process the same thing through their own filters.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 am

yogi wrote:
Either the booing they showed on Behind The Music was from when the crowd boos Dr Rightous, or when they announced at the Cotton Bowl that The Blue Laws would be enacted and beer sales were cut off.

Why wont Dennis or someone who TRULY knows the story speak up and tell the truth about what REALLY happened at the Texas Jam?

I remember reading an DDY interview at some point where he did mention that never happened.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 am

Boomchild wrote:
yogi wrote:

I remember reading an DDY interview at some point where he did mention that never happened.

I believe you and I are recalling the same thing... Can't find it but I'm certain Dennis did make that statement.

2007 - JY talks about his dislike of Roboto - http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007 ... -mr-roboto
"They were never my personal taste. I was the one who voted against them [originally], so for me they're not fun to do."

2016 - Larry talks about Roboto - http://wpdh.com/why-styx-refuses-to-pla ... n-concert/
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby yogi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:30 am

The concert lasted all day. People were hammered and it was sooo damn HOT and humid it was literally unbearable.

Now talk about basically as the day went on no real bathrooms for females unless they waited for 45 minutes. Talk about selling beer to anyone over 14. There were sooo many damn near unconscious minors it was beyond belief. There were fights breaking out pretty much all day, but that had nothing to do with any of the bands. It had everything to do with the heat, alcohol sold, and the shitty Cotton Bowl setup. Then at something like 10pm they enact a state law 2 hours early with an announcement over the PA that beer sales were to be suspended immediately. This was probably 15 minutes before the Styx video started. It was probably damn smart, so people had half a chance to make it home alive,but half the crowd went ballastic. I probably hadn’t had a drop of alcohol in 4-5 hours but that day was insane.

Styx was GREAT. They did take too damn long to start their show but by the time they came on the damage ( for some)was done. The Beatles or Rolling Stones could of come out that night and performed their best ever concert and the exact same thing would of happened because of the circumstances of the day and venue.

The concert was GREAT and the 30,000+ that remained ate it completely up. Shit I was with quite a few non Styx fans who thought it was the greatest show they had ever seen. It was sooo far ahead of its time its poetic.

Can’t comment on Houston, but if a bunch of us would of had the funds we surely would of traveled there.

Dennis, Chuck or someone in management needs to tell the TRUE story because what was reported by Tommy, JY and Cahil was totally fake news.

Finally then I swear I’m done on this topic. In regards to everything that’s happened within the band this is the one topic that pisses me off the most. I was there. I remember this concert like it was yesterday and what was reported NEVER happened. For Tommy and JY to say this was wrong and a flat out lie. Maybe it happened in Houston, I was not there, but what they stated happened at the Texas Jam in Dallas did NOT occur. NOT even close.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby masque » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 pm

^ so what you are saying, to be clear, is that you do not believe that it happened???? 8)
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:06 pm

the one thing I dont really understand in all of this is why so many people are getting worked up about them playing Roboto.

Let's say at the time that TS and JY truly hated it, truly without a doubt. and let's say for the next 20 years they wished they had never done it or agreed to allow DDY to do it.

Now, roughly THIRTY FIVE years later, their stance/position has mellowed, softened if you will, towards the song and they decide to break it out and play it.

so what?

I cannot stress enough that we all have to understand that people's positions and opinions can and often do, change over 35 years. Think about your own lives.........can you guys honestly say that everything you believed or felt 35 years ago is exactly how you feel about it now? If we are all being honest, then not even close.

YES, there are certain subjects and ideas that for me, have not changed in that time frame, but there are MANY others that have. the only difference between me and them is that I am not a celebrity and my changes of mind are not out there to be scrutinized by the public every time I change my mind.

Hell, for all we know, TS and JY are so damn bored playing the exact same songs that when LG comes along and suggests to play something different that TS and JY say "ah what the hell, let's have a good laugh and play the damn thing". We just dont know.

and if a promoter or promoters demand that it is added, which I would have to see a contract to believe, then so what, add the damn song and keep making money. it's just that simple.

it's not some big state secret or plot for the next Bond movie.......it's just some guys agreeing to play a song live that historically they have appeared to not support.....but now, it appears otherwise. good for them.

and I agree with what someone else said as well......if DDY's main goal is tour one more time with styx, he is going about it the wrong way. he's just one interview short of screaming "get off my yard".
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 pm

masque wrote:the one thing I dont really understand in all of this is why so many people are getting worked up about them playing Roboto.

It's simple. TS\JY and to a lesser extent CP spent decades telling the public that the project was something they wanted nothing to do with and that they had ZERO interest in revisiting it. Add to that TS cites the project as being the last straw that made him QUIT the band. They all cited it as a major reason for causing a huge rift between the members. Of course pulling out the main song from the project is going to cause controversy. DDY says that the same promoters book some of his shows and they mentioned to him that the reason they are playing it is due to them asking for it to be played. I do not see where DDY would have a reason to lie about it. I can certainly see TS\JY and\or their management denying it. It doesn't make them look good. Meaning being pushed to play material from something that for decades they have trashed and cited as a major reason for the band breaking up. If this is due to TS\JY getting bored with the set list, there is plenty of other stuff to choose from that fans would like to hear. Such as Midnight Ride.

On a side note and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought DDY personally owned the copyright\trademark on the Roboto design and image. If that is correct, then I could see DDY having the ability to sue the current Styx for using it to create new graphics for the background visuals if they did not obtain the rights to do so.
Last edited by Boomchild on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 am

[quote="masque"]^ so what you are saying, to be clear, is that you do not believe that it happened???? 8)[/quote]
The people they showed booing and leaving at The Texas Jam in Dallas had ABSOLITELY NOTHING to do with Styx or the content of the Kilroy Was Here tour. It ALL had to do with the circumstances that I stated occurred that day. Tommy, JY and Cahil COMPLETELY lied to make Dennis a scapegoat for something he had zero control over.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Grotelul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am

Boomchild wrote:
masque wrote:the one thing I dont really understand in all of this is why so many people are getting worked up about them playing Roboto.

It's simple. TS\JY and to a lesser extent CP spent decades telling the public that the project was something they wanted nothing to do with and that they had ZERO interest in revisiting it. Add to that TS cites the project as being the last straw that made him QUIT the band. They all cited it as a major reason for causing a huge rift between the members. Of course pulling out the main song from the project is going to cause controversy. DDY says that the same promoters book some of his shows and they mentioned to him that the reason they are playing it is due to them asking for it to be played. I do not see where DDY would have a reason to lie about it. I can certainly see TS\JY and\or their management denying it. It doesn't make them look good. Meaning being pushed to play material from something that for decades they have trashed and cited as a major reason for the band breaking up. If this is due to TS\JY getting bored with the set list, there is plenty of other stuff to choose from that fans would like to hear. Such as Midnight Ride.

On a side note and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought DDY personally owned the copyright\trademark on the Roboto design and image. If that is correct, then I could see DDY having the ability to sue the current Styx for using it to create new graphics for the background visuals if they did not obtain the rights to do so.

98% of Styx fans could care less about something that happened 35 years ago. Current Styx is happy the way things are and so what if the want to add Mr. Roboto. Is it so damning that you expect them to have answers as to why they are playing it now? No one CARES!

Promoters demanding that they play Mr Roboto? This makes no sense. Why didn't the promoters demand it in 1991, 1996 or 1997? Why didn't they demand it over the past 20 years of Styx tours? It makes no sense.
Grotelul
LP

Postby Boomchild » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:15 am

Grotelul wrote:98% of Styx fans could care less about something that happened 35 years ago. Current Styx is happy the way things are and so what if the want to add Mr. Roboto. Is it so damning that you expect them to have answers as to why they are playing it now? No one CARES!

98% you say. I'd like know where you got that figure from. The existence of the discussion here doesn't help your point either. To answer your question, no I'm not expecting for them to have answers. We already know it. They are hypocrites.

Grotelul wrote:Promoters demanding that they play Mr Roboto? This makes no sense. Why didn't the promoters demand it in 1991, 1996 or 1997? Why didn't they demand it over the past 20 years of Styx tours? It makes no sense.

Ask the promoters. Why did promoters put into the contract that they needed to play Babe at the concerts the current Styx did in Japan?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Grotelul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:24 am

Boomchild wrote:
Grotelul wrote:98% of Styx fans could care less about something that happened 35 years ago. Current Styx is happy the way things are and so what if the want to add Mr. Roboto. Is it so damning that you expect them to have answers as to why they are playing it now? No one CARES!

98% you say. I'd like know where you got that figure from. The existence of the discussion here doesn't help your point either. To answer your question, no I'm not expecting for them to have answers. We already know it. They are hypocrites.

Grotelul wrote:Promoters demanding that they play Mr Roboto? This makes no sense. Why didn't the promoters demand it in 1991, 1996 or 1997? Why didn't they demand it over the past 20 years of Styx tours? It makes no sense.

Ask the promoters. Why did promoters put into the contract that they needed to play Babe at the concerts the current Styx did in Japan?

The existence of the discussion here between 3 or 4 fans? Okay, sure.

I'm willing to bet that most people have changed their minds on something over the past 35 years so your hypocrite claims have little to no value. You are just angry that Tommy and JY moved on from Dennis. Maybe if Dennis hadn't been a control freak and sometime asshole, things might be different. I'm not saying Tommy didn't have his own faults as far as drug and alcohol problems, but he at least treated the others with respect.

Just my opinion of course.
Grotelul
LP

Postby yogi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 am

I swear I’m not taking sides here BUT Tommy quit. And he quit more than once.

If you are on a team you don’t EVER quit!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:31 am

Grotelul wrote:

I'm willing to bet that most people have changed their minds on something over the past 35 years so your hypocrite claims have little to no value. You are just angry that Tommy and JY moved on from Dennis. Maybe if Dennis hadn't been a control freak and sometime asshole, things might be different. I'm not saying Tommy didn't have his own faults as far as drug and alcohol problems, but he at least treated the others with respect.

Go check YouTube. Check the comments section on the postings of the current Styx performing the song. Add to that Youtubers have made specific videos talking about the subject. It's also been talked about in the music press. And no, I am not angry that TS\JY have moved on without a significant, pivotal and majorly contributing member of the group. I'm disappointed that they could not work out their issues with each other. I have posted here numerous times that I don't think Dennis should go back. As far as TS treating the other members with respect, how do you know that for a fact? I think only those personally involved would really know. How about him mocking Babe while he was in Damn Yankees? Is that the actions of a respectful person. Especially knowing the origins of the song itself. Get real, it's a safe bet that they all acted like asses to each other at times. I notice that you didn't even touch on my response about the promoters.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Neal Schon has stated that he hates playing Open Arms. But he plays it because it’s what the fans want to hear. Where are your pitchforks and torches for him?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Grotelul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Grotelul wrote:

Go check YouTube. Check the comments section on the postings of the current Styx performing the song. Add to that Youtubers have made specific videos talking about the subject. It's also been talked about in the music press. And no, I am not angry that TS\JY have moved on without a significant, pivotal and majorly contributing member of the group. I'm disappointed that they could not work out their issues with each other. I have posted here numerous times that I don't think Dennis should go back. As far as TS treating the other members with respect, how do you know that for a fact? I think only those personally involved would really know. How about him mocking Babe while he was in Damn Yankees? Is that the actions of a respectful person. Especially knowing the origins of the song itself. Get real, it's a safe bet that they all acted like asses to each other at times. I notice that you didn't even touch on my response about the promoters.

There is nothing left to say about the promoters. Neither of us know the truth about whether the promoters did or did not demand they play Roboto. Yes, a promoter in Japan asked that they play Babe. That was 20 years ago and in a country they rarely play. Quite different.
Grotelul
LP

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 am

Grotelul wrote:
There is nothing left to say about the promoters. Neither of us know the truth about whether the promoters did or did not demand they play Roboto. Yes, a promoter in Japan asked that they play Babe. That was 20 years ago and in a country they rarely play. Quite different.

The passage time doesn't matter. It shows that it does happen. Which is relevant to the subject.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 am

Archetype wrote:Neal Schon has stated that he hates playing Open Arms. But he plays it because it’s what the fans want to hear. Where are your pitchforks and torches for him?

John Mellencamp doesn't like playing Jack and Diane, but he does it anyway (check out his intro here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7He-uwVs4)

To me it's a little different with Styx (Tommy/JY) versus those two examples.

Admitting you prefer playing your other songs but "here it is with all my ability because YOU fans love it" is one thing. Bashing an album/concept/song for 20 years as if you'll never go near it ever again and then finally saying "we ran a poll at the merch booths and it turns out a lot of the fans want to hear it, so democracy rules we'll finally play it!" is another...
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby masque » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:47 am

I'm really surprised by some of the things being said.

as toph like to used to point out I am a card carrying Tommy Shaw Bathwater drinker. and I also love me JY on top of that.

Therefore, I feel like I have kept up with most of what has been printed about these guys in the last 35-40 years, saw the documentaries and read everything I could.

BUT, I am also a realist and as I have stated, I dont care how they feel about DDY....I wish they felt different but they dont.

BUT, some of you keep claiming that they have "constantly" bashed and "put down" and had "nothing but negative things to say about the kilroy project" for "35 years".

yet, I honestly dont remember a word being written or said in any interviews I ever saw OTHER than the behind the music episode.

where is all of this bashing and put downs at? I would love to see or read the various things they have said over the years about it. not trying to be antagonistic at all, I am seriously bummed out that there is apparently a wealth of info on the internet or elsewhere that is out there that I as a giant styx fan have missed seeing.

and once again I will state that even if it is all true and they did hate it then and they hated it all the way up 3 months ago, why aren't they allowed to change their minds? we do, normal people, ALL the time, about all kinds of things. why can't they?

why would it be a sin if they did it for the money? I think it would be brilliant. we all work to make money. they are working to make money and feed egos. so if playing that song makes them more money or keeps them making money then do it. if that is the reason they are doing it, then I say well done.

if they are doing it because they sat around a few months ago and got all nostalgic and realized that kilroy wasn't all that bad and both admitted they always liked the song more than they let on about it, then that is great too. doesnt matter.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:50 am

yogi wrote:
masque wrote:^ so what you are saying, to be clear, is that you do not believe that it happened???? 8)

The people they showed booing and leaving at The Texas Jam in Dallas had ABSOLITELY NOTHING to do with Styx or the content of the Kilroy Was Here tour. It ALL had to do with the circumstances that I stated occurred that day. Tommy, JY and Cahil COMPLETELY lied to make Dennis a scapegoat for something he had zero control over.

yes I'm aware.....I paid the $29.95 plus shipping to have the Caught in the Act VHS video mailed to me back in 1984 or thereabouts......and then watched it about 150 times.......I know the BTM crowd they showed booing was from the video and was a Dr. Righteous thing.

I thought what they did in BTM was bullshit then and I still do.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 am

Archetype wrote:Styx does seem to be experiencing a resurgence of sort. They’re the actual headlining act of their current summer tour, and it appears to be doing extremely well, attendance-wise. The Mission also received far more attention than Cyclorama or even Brave New World did. I suspect that Dennis is particularly irked by this.

Well...headlining over Joan Jett and Tesla isn't exactly the big time. Not like they're headlining a tour with Def Leppard and Journey.

That said, I think the older AOR bands are experiencing a bit of an upward tick in general. Journey and Def Leppard are playing stadiums. Didn't see that coming. I saw Def with REO a couple years ago in the local amphitheater and it wasn't sold out. Same with Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick....we got free seat upgrades from lawn. Good seats. Nowhere near sold out.

Now they are playing stadiums.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby StyxGuy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 am

Pacfanweb wrote:
Archetype wrote:Styx does seem to be experiencing a resurgence of sort. They’re the actual headlining act of their current summer tour, and it appears to be doing extremely well, attendance-wise. The Mission also received far more attention than Cyclorama or even Brave New World did. I suspect that Dennis is particularly irked by this.

Well...headlining over Joan Jett and Tesla isn't exactly the big time. Not like they're headlining a tour with Def Leppard and Journey.

That said, I think the older AOR bands are experiencing a bit of an upward tick in general. Journey and Def Leppard are playing stadiums. Didn't see that coming. I saw Def with REO a couple years ago in the local amphitheater and it wasn't sold out. Same with Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick....we got free seat upgrades from lawn. Good seats. Nowhere near sold out.

3 years ago I saw Tesla, Styx and Def Leppard in Toronto and it was nearly sold out (16,000 capacity). This summer it was Tesla, Joan Jett and Styx.. they closed the lawns (7,000) and a lot of the uncovered seating section (3,500) was empty and even stuff under the roof had rows of unsold tickets (my friends got upgraded form $50 lawns to like $130 seats) It was *maybe* 7,500 people. I still had a blast though :P
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Boomchild wrote:On a side note and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought DDY personally owned the copyright\trademark on the Roboto design and image. If that is correct, then I could see DDY having the ability to sue the current Styx for using it to create new graphics for the background visuals if they did not obtain the rights to do so.

Yes, DDY owns the copyright/trademark for "Mr. Roboto", the design and image.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:42 am

StyxGuy wrote:
Pacfanweb wrote:

3 years ago I saw Tesla, Styx and Def Leppard in Toronto and it was nearly sold out (16,000 capacity). This summer it was Tesla, Joan Jett and Styx.. they closed the lawns (7,000) and a lot of the uncovered seating section (3,500) was empty and even stuff under the roof had rows of unsold tickets (my friends got upgraded form $50 lawns to like $130 seats) It was *maybe* 7,500 people. I still had a blast though :P

Funny how that works. Sounds like about the opposite of how it went here.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Previous

Return to Styx