SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album?

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: SP Warming UP for CBS Sunday Morning show & a new Album

Postby scarab » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 am

tater1977 wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:
scarab wrote:Pretty cool he is surprising people doing a talent show in is hometown.
Hope I am wrong but if their is a CBS Sunday Morn Interview I doubt he will only say he has an album recorded and he would like to release it in the very near future.
My guess is he got a kick out the American Idol "surprise".

It would really nice though to show clips of him singing in the studio.

He's gonna be doing a lot more than that soon. Lora, Cyndy and Tim were right to keep things to themselves. Suffice it to say...does anyone live in San Diego and so...you heard about it already. It's gonna happen people and WAAAAYYY before October.

A FB rumor that someone heard a San Diego DJ that SP'S new CD drops shortly , in a few weeks, in Oct. :?:
I'll wait for SP and/or his management to officially announce it.

Hope its true.
And if so, hope there is more of a media buzz than the CBS interview.
I still remember hearing You Better Wait for the first time in 1994 and thinking WTF Journey is back together?
Sure sounded like a Journey tune, but was SP solo. I think I only saw one promotion for the album back then.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:06 pm

In 1994 SP's solo album sounded like Journey, thanks to the Lincoln Brewster effect. His playing sound was very close to Neal's. It would be great if Steve could bring Lincoln back on his next album, if there really is one.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Andrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RPM wrote:Andew did an awesome job on that interview, I really enjoyed it. A lots changed since then. Andrew was younger,
Not retired, and a republican .....all good things must end...haha......I hope he gets another with S.P. !

I miss the MR interviews in general. But I understand alot of musicians can be a pain in the ass.

I got burnt out doing them. I also saw far worse interviews getting more comments/praise than the ones I was spending hours/days on. Kinda figured what was the point. I prefer trying to unearth new/old music instead.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm

RPM wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RPM wrote:Andew did an awesome job on that interview, I really enjoyed it. A lots changed since then. Andrew was younger,
Not retired, and a republican .....all good things must end...haha......I hope he gets another with S.P. !

I miss the MR interviews in general. But I understand alot of musicians can be a pain in the ass.

I do as well. Andrew has a real talent for it, have enjoyed many he has done.

Very kind, thank you!
Andrew
Administrator

Previous

Return to Steve Perry