'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:30 am

I liked that we got flashbacks to life in Smallville only. I didn't need to see an entire hour of that again. In lieu of, we got an extended prologue (first act, really) set on Krypton. We got better character development for Zod, too. MoS is a Superman film unlike any other.

The first episode of Titans has landed. I need to watch that this weekend.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:22 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm

verslibre wrote:I caved. AMAZING new trailer for Aquaman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWnLiffxJ4

Yessssssss :!: :!:
Image Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 am

So, I hear WW84 was moved back almost a year so they can turn it into a soft reboot of the DCEU. A kind of "Let's go back in time and change something so we have an excuse to change all of the actors that quit/fired/want to change....and we can erase that Snyderverse thing."

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing...But, whatever.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:08 am

Monker wrote:So, I hear WW84 was moved back almost a year so they can turn it into a soft reboot of the DCEU. A kind of "Let's go back in time and change something so we have an excuse to change all of the actors that quit/fired/want to change....and we can erase that Snyderverse thing."

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing...But, whatever.

Moved back six months for an early June release. That's so it can no doubt play throughout the summer months, but yes, I heard they plan to enact a modified Flashpoint with it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:12 am

No, WW84 was not moved BACK. It was moved from 11/2019 to 6/2020. Probably because they have to rewrite and reshoot a good portion of the movie to fit the modified "Flashpoint" idea. It could be a good idea, or a complete disaster.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:06 am

Monker wrote:No, WW84 was not moved BACK. It was moved from 11/2019 to 6/2020.

Yes, it was moved back seven months. It wasn't moved up.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 am

Flashpoint Wonder Woman story sounded like BS to me. Patty Jenkins wouldn't allow her film to be usurped by DC suits like that.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:57 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Flashpoint Wonder Woman story sounded like BS to me. Patty Jenkins wouldn't allow her film to be usurped by DC suits like that.

Geoff Johns wrote it, though. So it may have already been there and were really tight-lipped about it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 am

verslibre wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Flashpoint Wonder Woman story sounded like BS to me. Patty Jenkins wouldn't allow her film to be usurped by DC suits like that.

Geoff Johns wrote it, though. So it may have already been there and were really tight-lipped about it.

If that is true, then there was no point in moving the release date sideways to 2020. It's not like they do not have time to finish the movie. If the truth were known, the may have been been able to move it diagonal to summer of 2016. They are essentially allowing Marvel to rule 2019 with Captain Marvel and Avengers.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 am

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:

If that is true, then there was no point in moving the release date sideways to 2020. It's not like they do not have time to finish the movie. If the truth were known, the may have been been able to move it diagonal to summer of 2016. They are essentially allowing Marvel to rule 2019 with Captain Marvel and Avengers.

Yeah, probably, but it'll be able to make more moola. At least principal photography will be done wayyy ahead of time. This won't be no JL caper.

Reeves isn't rushing The Batman at all, either.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:27 pm

WB/DC is officially taking their time this time around. Hamada knows the situation these films are in.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm

There's a lot out there that has debunked this numerous times. Thought it was bullshit myself. Agreed that Patty wouldn't compromise her film. If WB is going to do this, just do it with Flash.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:17 am

Birds of Prey has its Black Mask...and it's Ewan McGregor.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am

Virginia Madsen has joined the cast of Swamp Thing.

I've watched the first three episodes of the R-rated Titans and I like it. More when I have time.

Tomorrow's episode introduces the Doom Patrol, who also have their own series down the line.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 am

Sounds like yesterday's screenings of Aquaman went down quite well with the audiences.

https://twitter.com/I_Am_MFR/status/1060561394960158720
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 am

D'Onofrio says if he weren't playing Fisk, he'd play Lex.

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1062001702822383616
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 am

WB China showed 25 mins of Aquaman action:

Warner Bros. China showed 25 mins footage of Aquaman in Beijing premiere. All those are action scenes, so it's hard to say how narration is. But the fight is really good. The best reaction I've seen so far is James Wan give audience the LOTR & The Matrix level battle. #Aquaman
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:42 am

Aquaman screened for bloggers a few nights back. The embargo lifts soon. This is clearly another Wan win!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 am

WB got some serious directing talent at their helm. Jenkins, Wan, Reeves and the forgotten man being Sandberg, who was apart of the Hamada/Wan/horror genre. Aquaman will be a hit but I think Shazam will surprise. One good film at a time, WB.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:29 am

The Aquaman Embargo lifts December 11th. Good news since it's almost 2 weeks from actual release. The studio is confident in this one following the early good buzz.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:09 pm

The James Wan-directed Dec. 21 release, is Atom Tickets’ top advance ticket seller ever in its first 24 hours, beating the previous 24-hour ticket sales record set by Avengers: Infinity War earlier this year.

Atom’s first day sales include those sold for the Amazon Prime/Warner Bros. advance screening partnership for the film on Dec. 15 in 1,000 locations. Prime members can exclusively buy tickets from Atom (up to 10 tickets each) for sneaks that will take place on that day at Regal, National Amusement, AMC and ArcLight Cinemas. Amazon struck a similar promotion with Sony last year on their holiday hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle which reaped close to $2M (there’s also been other Amazon sneaks with such pics as Hotel Transylvania 3).

Meanwhile, over at Fandango, Aquaman‘s first day pre-sales eclipsed those for Venom ($80.2M opening weekend) and Mission: Impossible –Fallout ($61.2M).

https://deadline.com/2018/11/aquaman-first-day-ticket-sales-record-fandango-atom-tickets-1202505552/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:03 am

Aquaman is a breathtakingly beautiful, weird, badass, FUN idea of a modern superhero fantasy (anime) and makes zero apologies. Second half's one cheer/laugh after another.

Imagine '80s Schwarzenegger starring in "Hideo Kojima's AVATAR" and you're most of the way there. #Aquaman
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 am

Consensus is Aquaman is crazy, bonkers, weird, spectacle, wild and different. The arc for Arthur is said to be fantastic and Momoa is great.

Good work, Wan. Let him take over and get his hands on JL if it ever comes back around.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am

El Mayimbe says Momoa crushed it. He likes it better than Wonder Woman, even.

Mike K. over at DC Movie News says his contacts who have seen it tell him it rocks, too.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Consensus is Aquaman is crazy, bonkers, weird, spectacle, wild and different. The arc for Arthur is said to be fantastic and Momoa is great.

Good work, Wan. Let him take over and get his hands on JL if it ever comes back around.

That sound exactly like a description for a Guardians movie. You two should hate it.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 am

Other than horrid acting and shittieness, there was nothing bonkers or wild about that awful GoTG franchise. Wan seems of delivered a majestic whirlwind. Oh yeah, there's said to be some horror elements sprinkled in as well. Highly looking forward to it. Wan is a BEAST.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Other than horrid acting and shittieness, there was nothing bonkers or wild about that awful GoTG franchise.

Only saw the first one. I thought the whole thing tried too hard to be irreverent. "Dance off bro?" The movie was lame as hell.
I've never seen a bad James Wan movie.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 am

Monker wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Consensus is Aquaman is crazy, bonkers, weird, spectacle, wild and different. The arc for Arthur is said to be fantastic and Momoa is great.

That sound exactly like a description for a Guardians movie. You two should hate it.

No, it sounds like a movie that features Black Manta, the Trench (they like to eat people) and dudes with weapons riding sea beasts.

The wildest things about GOTG were Rocket the talking Raccoon and the self-recharging batteries in Peter Quill's Walkman. Gunn's excuse that the Walkman was "obviously" fitted with an alternative (alien) power source is bologna because they never showed it, not to mention it would diminish the gimmick. :wink:
Last edited by verslibre on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:37 am

Humor is welcomed. Most, if not all, comic book characters are rooted in it. That's not my gripe when it's overused as a crutch. My favorite character is Superman. Humor and parity is a backbone pertaining to characters.

The GoTG franchise and what they did to Thor in Ragnorok is mockery. Whedon put that stamp on Supes and Bats in JL and it was awful. Ridiculous and embarrassing. I can't believe they threw some of that crap onscreen.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara