'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 am

"Oh, yeah...my ass is bleeding." :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 am

Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am

OH, please, you guys. You now have Aquaman with brilliant lines like, "I could have just peed on it." He is doing his own comic relief in a slapstick way that would make Drax proud. And, you guys love it because it is DC.

And, gone is the "dark world" of Snyder. It is COMPLETELY non-existant in these trailers. Instead, it is filled with the vibrant colors of a Guardians film. And, it is another cookie cutter origin film...along the lines of Lion King...and somewhat like Black Panther...a would be king having to go back home and regain his crown, or trident, depending..

It is everything you have expressed hate towards Marvel for doing during the phase 1 & 2 films, but it is DC so you'll love it.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 am

Monker wrote:OH, please, you guys. You now have Aquaman with brilliant lines like, "I could have just peed on it." He is doing his own comic relief in a slapstick way that would make Drax proud. And, you guys love it because it is DC.

And, gone is the "dark world" of Snyder. It is COMPLETELY non-existant in these trailers. Instead, it is filled with the vibrant colors of a Guardians film. And, it is another cookie cutter origin film...along the lines of Lion King...and somewhat like Black Panther...a would be king having to go back home and regain his crown, or trident, depending..

It is everything you have expressed hate towards Marvel for doing during the phase 1 & 2 films, but it is DC so you'll love it.



I agree with this. However, the film looks visually stunning, so I am all in.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13677
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:39 am

Monker wrote:OH, please, you guys. You now have Aquaman with brilliant lines like, "I could have just peed on it." He is doing his own comic relief in a slapstick way that would make Drax proud. And, you guys love it because it is DC.

And, gone is the "dark world" of Snyder. It is COMPLETELY non-existant in these trailers. Instead, it is filled with the vibrant colors of a Guardians film. And, it is another cookie cutter origin film...along the lines of Lion King...and somewhat like Black Panther...a would be king having to go back home and regain his crown, or trident, depending..

It is everything you have expressed hate towards Marvel for doing during the phase 1 & 2 films, but it is DC so you'll love it.


Don't let things get under your skin too much. This typically happens when MCU fans can't handle flinging criticism of any type to their films. I won't give DC a pass if I flat out hate something just because I'm more of a fan of theirs. It comes down to my own viewing pleasure. There's no in between. It's as easy as being turned off by the latest bunch of MCU films that do absolutely nothing for me, regardless of humor or whatever else you want to create in your hot air stuff. If a MCU film catch's my eye, I go for it. If not, I pass. I'll criticize whatever I criicize. Aquaman will probably have bad humor so I'm hoping it doesn't drown out the script every other second like the MCU does. And brightness is welcomed. I liked what Zack did but I'm not one of those fanboy who will hate just to hate. Aquaman looks amazing and I never ragged on films like GoTG just becsuse it had colors (what a dumb thing to even write. )I'm a visual fan myself and respect that. It's the content and it's either hit or miss. I'm hoping to be wow'd by Aquaman.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:06 am

Monker wrote:OH, please, you guys. You now have Aquaman with brilliant lines like, "I could have just peed on it." He is doing his own comic relief in a slapstick way that would make Drax proud. And, you guys love it because it is DC.


Yeah, that's "slapstick." But I've seen the movie and in the next frame Jason-Arthur goes Woob!! Woob!! Woob!! Woob!! and slaps his own forehead and pokes Amber-Mera in one of her big round tits. And with his hair down, Orm Wilson's hair looks just like Moe's. $1B guaranteed.

Monker wrote:And, gone is the "dark world" of Snyder. It is COMPLETELY non-existant in these trailers.


"DIRECTED BY JAMES WAN"

Monker wrote:Instead, it is filled with the vibrant colors of a Guardians film.


Funny. So the bioluminescence of Earth's oceans was first seen in GOTG? Why is Wonder Woman's intro scene in Justice League (directed by Zack, lensed by Fabian Wagner) just as brightly lit? I know the politics thread was closed for a minute, but walk it back some, Junior.

Monker wrote: And, it is another cookie cutter origin film...along the lines of Lion King...and somewhat like Black Panther...a would be king having to go back home and regain his crown, or trident, depending..


Never mind. You're too far gone to walk it back. I'd tell you the movie's taken elements from Atlantis Chronicles as well as Peter David's run in the '90s, but what use would it be?

Monker wrote:It is everything you have expressed hate towards Marvel for doing during the phase 1 & 2 films, but it is DC so you'll love it.


A genuinely presumptuous and farcical statement, that.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Funny. So the bioluminescence of Earth's oceans was first seen in GOTG? Why is Wonder Woman's intro scene in Justice League (directed by Zack, lensed by Fabian Wagner) just as brightly lit?


Even go back to Man of Steel. Snyder's Smallville fight was very vibrant and Henry's suit had the metallic shine. Snyder's shots of when Clark was in Kansas was nicely lit as well. Snyder's films get dark when the story calls for it. That's when MoS took a turn. The MCU is too one note for my liking. I'm not missing much when it comes to formulaic films being pumped out. I still think DC is going to be way more versatile in what they have to offer when it comes to looser connectivity. They're going to have a ton of different styles and tones.

..but it is DC so you'll love it.


Don't be a fuckface. Justice League brought the slapstick, agonizing MCU humor with it spearheaded by the Avengers director himself and I fucking loathed it with every fiber of my being. What they did to Batman was a travesty and Joss's recycled, misplaced and forced humor was old and flat out bad taste and downright pitiful. There's a place for humor and it is needed and welcomed but it's all about how it's technically used and how much of it is paced. Every director is different and every movie edit is different. We'll see how a horror director like Wan handles it.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 am

Btw:

Monker wrote:And, gone is the "dark world" of Snyder. It is COMPLETELY non-existant...


Some early feedback has confirmed this film's connection to the DCEU (or "Snyderverse"), as I estimated it would (and just like Shazam! will).

Still catching up on Titans, and that show is even more in step with Snyder's aesthetic. It's gritty, dark and very violent. So far, I love it. Marv Wolfman digs it, too. :)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Even go back to Man of Steel. Snyder's Smallville fight was very vibrant and Henry's suit had the metallic shine. Snyder's shots of when Clark was in Kansas was nicely lit as well. Snyder's films get dark when the story calls for it.


That whole freakin' movie takes place in daylight but everyone loves to cite BvS' night battle as the only thing that every happened. Go figure.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Justice League brought the slapstick, agonizing MCU humor with it spearheaded by the Avengers director himself and I fucking loathed it with every fiber of my being. What they did to Batman was a travesty and Joss's recycled, misplaced and forced humor was old and flat out bad taste and downright pitiful.


Seriously. How many times must we type it for him to get it?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 am

Aquaman off to a solid start in China (10 mil opening night).Looks to be a big hit there.

Aquaman is released in China today! I thought #MissionImpossible would be my fav this year but Aquaman absolutely changed everything, if Justice League is 6/10 then Aquaman is 100/10, I'm just going to leave this here.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:22 am

Fiona (Zack's #1 Chinese fan) loved the hell out of it and saw it twice an hour apart. She's been tweeting about it, but I stopped lest she inadvertently spoil something (and I won't watch the final trailer). #WanWin
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:47 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Even go back to Man of Steel. Snyder's Smallville fight was very vibrant and Henry's suit had the metallic shine. Snyder's shots of when Clark was in Kansas was nicely lit as well. Snyder's films get dark when the story calls for it.


That whole freakin' movie takes place in daylight but everyone loves to cite BvS' night battle as the only thing that every happened. Go figure.


Both BvS and MoS are so devoid of color that they almost look black and white. They were both made to look dark and foreboding...trying to emulate the feel of the Dark Knight films. In fact, you two were on this forum PROMOTING that type of look and feel. Now that it is proven that cookie cutter and lighter and brighter films are more profitiable, you are all for them. It's hilarious how you two have COMPLETELY swapped out your wants after WW and the REAL $'s and respect started coming in.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Justice League brought the slapstick, agonizing MCU humor with it spearheaded by the Avengers director himself and I fucking loathed it with every fiber of my being. What they did to Batman was a travesty and Joss's recycled, misplaced and forced humor was old and flat out bad taste and downright pitiful.


Seriously. How many times must we type it for him to get it?


Justice League was a hack job of a movie in ALL ways. To point to Joss and blame him for everything is missing the point that Snyder's dark and dismal DCEU was a disaster....and Joss was tasked with the impossible to correct it in a film that was not his, and was already a mostly completed film. EVERYBODY at DC is to blame for how JL turned out - not just Joss.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:47 am

verslibre wrote:Fiona (Zack's #1 Chinese fan) loved the hell out of it and saw it twice an hour apart. She's been tweeting about it, but I stopped lest she inadvertently spoil something (and I won't watch the final trailer). #WanWin


Did Shrek like it too?
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Monker wrote:Both BvS and MoS are so devoid of color that they almost look black and white.


Ever try not speaking from the standpoint of bias?

Watch this short video on the cinematography of Larry Fong. Note the narrator's remarks about color separation and contrast (especially where Zack's movies) are concerned. Also note the remark about the insertion of lights "where they should not be" in JJ Abrams' Super 8 because JJ has such a hard-on for lens flares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAW6eUbOkz4
Last edited by verslibre on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Monker wrote:Justice League was a hack job of a movie in ALL ways. To point to Joss and blame him for everything is missing the point that Snyder's dark and dismal DCEU was a disaster....and Joss was tasked with the impossible to correct it in a film that was not his, and was already a mostly completed film. EVERYBODY at DC is to blame for how JL turned out - not just Joss.


That's the entire problem, right there. They wanted to correct — prematurely — that which should have been allowed to resolve itself naturally.

And it's no mystery the reason the film came out when it did is because some guys in suits were jonesing for their year-end bonuses. It's well-documented.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:30 pm

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 pm

It's safe to say that WB needed the HYPE back. They got a mojo with Aquaman. This is the shot in the arm they need, especially how excruciating it has been for an entire year plus. That piece of monkey shit Josstice League was the last DC film in theaters so it's been so long for fans to sit there and chew on that burnt turd, let alone months and month's of bad press of having your Superman and Batman leaving. It's been hell'a hard for DC fans so it will be nice to see Wan pick up the pieces and blow our fucking faces off because from the sounds of it, he's going to do just that.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 am

Holyfuckingshit.

90M+ OW projected and final 250-280M in sight for Aquaman. #China.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 am

Momoa's on SNL tonight!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:11 am

WW84 has wrapped principal photography.


Image
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 am

Momoa on the Snyder cut of Justice League.

"I'm obsessed with it, too. Fuck yeah, I wanna see it!"

https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1071159918126755840
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 am

verslibre wrote:Momoa on the Snyder cut of Justice League.

"I'm obsessed with it, too. Fuck yeah, I wanna see it!"

https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1071159918126755840


You can tell how sick in the stomach he is from what came to be with JL. I'm over all the SC bullshit though. I despise how everything was handled to this day. I get BvS didn't turn out the way they hoped, but you go down swinging with JL, not mangina-it up with what they came up with. They could have moved the Snyder-verse into the Elseworld label and still do separate continuity and still carry on with multiverse-film universes. But ohwell. It's a weird time to be a DC fan because it's all still a double edged sword effect until we get multiple films in the new era out there.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:53 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Momoa on the Snyder cut of Justice League.

"I'm obsessed with it, too. Fuck yeah, I wanna see it!"

https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1071159918126755840


You can tell how sick in the stomach he is from what came to be with JL. I'm over all the SC bullshit though. I despise how everything was handled to this day. I get BvS didn't turn out the way they hoped, but you go down swinging with JL, not mangina-it up with what they came up with. They could have moved the Snyder-verse into the Elseworld label and still do separate continuity and still carry on with multiverse-film universes. But ohwell. It's a weird time to be a DC fan because it's all still a double edged sword effect until we get multiple films in the new era out there.


'Xactly! That is ALL they needed to do — thus allowing the arc to resolve itself. They could have even down-budgeted the final installment(s). No biggie. They didn't need to turn the most mofo-fied versions of two of their three most famous characters into walking punchlines.

For the record, there's a lot more DCEU-ness about Aquaman than initially anticipated.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 pm

v, did you see James Gunns' trailer to 'BrightBurn'? Gunn totally took inspiration from MoS/Zack Snyder. Even the themes are the same. That's some straight up ULTRA MAN stuff right there.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:v, did you see James Gunns' trailer to 'BrightBurn'? Gunn totally took inspiration from MoS/Zack Snyder. Even the themes are the same. That's some straight up ULTRA MAN stuff right there.


And it's going to be praised since Gunn made it? :?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 am

Aquaman 93.6 mil OW in China! 'Ugeee.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Justice League was a hack job of a movie in ALL ways. To point to Joss and blame him for everything is missing the point that Snyder's dark and dismal DCEU was a disaster....and Joss was tasked with the impossible to correct it in a film that was not his, and was already a mostly completed film. EVERYBODY at DC is to blame for how JL turned out - not just Joss.


That's the entire problem, right there. They wanted to correct — prematurely — that which should have been allowed to resolve itself naturally.


Uh, no. Snyder should have never been given JL to begin with. They did not correct prematurely, they tried to correct TOO LATE. After what he did to BvS, he should have been kicked out of the DCEU never to return.

[quote[And it's no mystery the reason the film came out when it did is because some guys in suits were jonesing for their year-end bonuses. It's well-documented.[/quote]

So what? That's just more evidence that is not all Joss's fault.

The bottom line is that WB (and Disney) exist to make money. Making cookie cutter films like WW And Aquaman is how DC is moving forward. The audience pays to be entertained, not to "think"...as you two have said about Snyder's films in the past. They want to see bright colors and big explosions and funny comedy relief so it isn't all taken too seriously. That is what they are going to get with Aquaman. It is what they got with WW. It is what Marvel taught DC in something like 20 films now...while building the largest franchise in movie history.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 am

Love this:

Guys, we’re about to live in a world where all the jokes about the lingering lameness of #Aquaman that we’ve been hearing for literally decades has been rendered null and void.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 am

They want to see bright colors and big explosions and funny comedy relief so it isn't all taken too seriously.


Superman Returns says hi. Solo says hi. Logan says hi. Venom says hi. Michael Bay is considered a hack from what you just described. It's not always a slam dunk, especially in today's cinema. It's point blank: audiences follow hype and a bunh of things need to happen after that.

It is what Marvel taught DC in something like 20 films now..


Lmao. Kevin Feige references Superman: The Movie as a philosophy over and over and over and over again. WB/DC has been there and done all of it before. They created the blueprint. Cinema and Hollywood flucuates. It changed with 300. It changed with TDK and it changed with Marvel. It will change again once one of these films comes along that push's the envelope that succeeds. Things go full circle, veer off and come full circle again. It's how things work as times constantly adapt. Timing has a ton to do with it as well.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Monker wrote:The bottom line is that WB (and Disney) exist to make money.


:lol: It's that what the Gandalf cosplayer you met in Tibet told you? Congratulations. I've could've saved you a trip.

Monker wrote:Making cookie cutter films like WW And Aquaman is how DC is moving forward.


"Cookie cutter"...hahaha. That's rich. Oh, it literally IS rich, based on Wonder Woman's final worldwide gross, right? And the tidal swell Aquaman's getting over in China right now? Right? That's what you want to hear, right? :lol:

Monker wrote:It is what Marvel taught DC in something like 20 films now...while building the largest franchise in movie history.


Who do you think was making profitable superhero films from 1978-1998 while no other studio was? How about those outrageously successful Batman films in 2008 and 2012? Go look how profitable The Dark Knight was. What do you think was more profitable, The Dark Knight Rises or Marvel's The Avengers? Go look it up. Nobody's teaching anybody anything, but the suits at Warner are learning to not fuck with their directors. Exhibit A: Jenkins. Exhibit B: Wan.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron