'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 am

#WanBillion

Congratulations to James Wan and his stellar cast and crew, especially those guys who worked on the VFX.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:23 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am

Aquaman': How Zack Snyder Helped Retcon 'Justice League' Against WB's Wishes

Https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/17/aqu ... ce-league/

Lmao, Wan was secretly showing Zack cuts of Aquaman to help with what he wanted from his vision to distance away from what that dishit Whedon did to JL.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am

There's no doubt about it. When the press, non-stop, asked Zack about getting to JL in his Man of Steel junkets, Snyder repeatedly said "In order for the DC Universe to take shape, Superman needs to get his house in order first.." I posted that interview numerous times. Zack had MoS2 planned. The studio wanted the shared universe and pushed BvS on him. He makes it, they panic, they chop it up. It critically bombs. Wonder Woman's success happens. He starts filming an already compromised version of JL for the studio. The studio wanted more control. He said fuck you. His daughter died. The studio didn't want to wait so they can get their bonuses. They bring in Whedon. He ruins it. JL bombs. Snyder is the fall guy.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Aquaman': How Zack Snyder Helped Retcon 'Justice League' Against WB's Wishes

Https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/17/aqu ... ce-league/

Lmao, Wan was secretly showing Zack cuts of Aquaman to help with what he wanted from his vision to distance away from what that dipshit Whedon did to JL.

Haters. No matter what they say, no matter what they do, Zack will ALWAYS be in their rear view. Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

"Dipshit Whedon" has a nice ring to it. He should legally change his name!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:

There's no doubt about it. When the press, non-stop, asked Zack about getting to JL in his Man of Steel junkets, Snyder repeatedly said "In order for the DC Universe to take shape, Superman needs to get his house in order first.." I posted that interview numerous times. Zack had MoS2 planned. The studio wanted the shared universe and pushed BvS on him. He makes it, they panic, they chop it up. It critically bombs. Wonder Woman's success happens. He starts filming an already compromised version of JL for the studio. The studio wanted more control. He said fuck you. His daughter died. The studio didn't want to wait so they can get their bonuses. They bring in Whedon. He ruins it. JL bombs. Snyder is the fall guy.

Veruca Salt Syndrome. "I want my billion dollars and I want it now!"

Buncha fuckheads.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:40 pm

Ultimately, Wan is just a better filmmaker than Snyder.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:37 am

Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.

I've appreciated all of Zack's films from a visual standpoint, but none of them really connected with me.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 am

Emmerich:

We all feel like we’ve turned a corner now. We’re playing by the DC playbook, which is very different than the Marvel playbook. We are far less focused on a shared universe. We take it one movie at a time. Each movie is its own equation and own creative entity. If you had to say one thing about us, it’s that it always has to be about the directors.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am

New Shazam! trailer on Tuesday!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack just isn't a formula; vanilla by the numbers director. He takes risks and chances and owns up to it. WB hired him to make Zack Snyder films. So he did. It's their fault they don't know what they want but when you hire his type to orchestrate a movie universe, he was going to bring the kitchen sink. It's just one huge contradiction after the other with WB. They claim to be director-driven who separates themselves from the typical blockbuster. They got exactly what they asked from Snyder but simply got cold feet because of the greed of the big billion. Zack faught them big time but the studio won't admit they fucked up. Now they are coming with a "Worlds of DC" slate where all films will be different. Typically, that's exactly what they had with Zack's vision.

I've appreciated all of Zack's films from a visual standpoint, but none of them really connected with me.

I understand that. A lot of fans say the same. It's more than fair. That notion just factors into Zack's style not being suitable for the average movie-goer. He goes dark. He goes serious and he goes big. I can agree with his critics that his films need more flavor fluctuation since from beginning to end, his tone is one-note. But I respect how he owns that and doesn't apologize for it. I will say, his films are graphic novels come to life. Nobody will change my mind with that. Some of his shots are flat out "Whoa." I still think he would fit into either horror or... Batman.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 am

Who wants to go way back in the old thread and find the posts where I stated, "DC is screwing up not doing stand alones to flesh out these characters" and where others defend DC's "cash grab" direction and stating "there are other ways to build a universe other than the Marvel Way"?
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 am

RWF, instead of master-baiting, try asking yourself this: "Did Marvel invent the crossover?"

:lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:27 am

Zack had a finite universe. It wasn't supposed to go on forever ala the MCU. There was supposed to be a beginning, middle and end to his saga while solo films were helmed by their respected directors vision. DC reverse way of engineering their universe didn't hurt the likes of Wonder Woman or Aquaman. It comes down to cutting studio interference down the best you can and make a good film where it's not chopped to absolute piece's. We all wanted the likes of MoS2 before Justice League or even BvS before that took on a life of its own.

Meanwhile, Shazam! looks amazing on a $90 mil budget where Sandberg pays many homages to MoS.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Meanwhile, Shazam! looks amazing on a $90 mil budget where Sandberg pays many homages to MoS.

Everything about that movie looks on point. I think it's going to do very well for three weeks. And on the home market.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass. Horrible fight choreography, too (I don't think you can even call it that). It was like they used the CGI from the very first X-Men movie back in 2000.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 am

No drama from Wonder Woman's set.
No drama from Aquaman's set.
No drama from Shazam's set.

BvS was a mess. Major studio meddling.
SSquad was a mess. Major studio meddling
JL....lol.

Figure it out.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:No drama from Wonder Woman's set.
No drama from Aquaman's set.
No drama from Shazam's set.

BvS was a mess. Major studio meddling.
SSquad was a mess. Major studio meddling
JL....lol.

Figure it out.

No drama, MoS-wise, either, IIRC. Btw, did you see that shot of Sha-Zack and Sivana in the sky? You can't get more homage-y to MoS than that. Looks like the who guy who outright disputed there were no MoS/BvS-isms in Shazam! in this thread doesn't want to step up and admit he was 100% full-on wronnng. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 am

verslibre wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass.

Prolly ran out of money, time, or both.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how and why they managed to make the last fight in Black Panther look like complete ass.

Prolly ran out of money, time, or both.

Doubt it!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Captain Marvel' Producer On What They Took From 'Wonder Woman

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01/08 ... ation-mcu/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Previous