'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby Monker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:24 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:In addition, you have the DCU streaming service in direct competition with HBO Max.

Not finalized. And I'm pretty Max subscribers will be able to watch the shows.

Since DC shows are being confirmed for HBO Max, either the others are only going to be on DC U, or they are canceled.

Monker wrote:You have The Green Lantern Corp movie being canceled and turned into a GL series for HBO Max.

They're pouring 100 million into it, too. Sounds good to me.

Oh, I'm not saying the Green Lantern series is a bad idea. The MOVIE was a horrible idea. My point is that the GL Corps was a VERY dumb decision and an example of not being on 'fire'.

Monker wrote:I have also read things about DC movies skipping theaters and going directly to HBO MAX, which, IMO, is what Birds of Prey should probably do.

Conjectural molasses. Every blogger, every tweeter, every podcaster is cannibalizing the next guy/girl's babble. Everyone loves to say "my source" but in the end, I think it's just speculation.

Yes, it IS conjecture...but, I can see it being true because of DC's dumb ideas like GL Corp, Shazam, Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey. I can see all of those going straight to streaming...maybe even Black Adam, just don't know enough about it to judge.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:The Snyder cut will never be release. First, it probably doesn't exist.

Seriously? Confirmed by multiple sources including Jay Oliva and Jason Momoa. It is not 100% finished, but it's there. Zack cannot release it. He cannot leak it. The studio would enact legal action. Ray Fisher (Cyborg) said Zack shot four hours' worth of footage. If you think an alternate cut cannot be assembled, you're bonkers.

Wow. You don't even realize that you just wrote that a Snyder cut will never be released and doesn't even exist.

Thank you.

Monker wrote:Even if it does, WB will be foolish to release it and ignite Snyder fans to demand he come back.

You're way late to the party, dude. Ignited. Past tense.

It will never happen...even you admitted above that the studio has locked it down.

Monker wrote:WW should have been released this year. They were foolish to delay it

Patty did say she thinks it should have been released, but it's a good thing Joker happened. If Joaquin doesn't get Best Oscar for that, that will be whack.

This is another example of you guys exaggerating. Despite the title, "Joker" isn't really a comic book film, let alone a DC film. It really shouldn't even be looked at alongside traditional CBM's....it's that different.

Monker wrote:Birds of Prey looks bad, really bad.

Just wait for the next Ant-Man movie.

Why? They don't interest me that much. But, "Birds of Prey" just looks horrible.

Monker wrote:Yeah, WB has a couple billion dollar films. So, DC releases one very successful movie a year...that's not THAT big of a deal.

What is your deal? :lol:

It's just the truth.

Monker wrote:The Crisis series is in the Arrowverse, right? I'm sure you'll like it and all, but it's just not that big of a deal.

For you. An event like that has never been done. Marvel couldn't even pull this off. We're going to see actors from old series and even Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in animation. If they can get Lynda Carter in there, that will be nuts. Routh will be in a dual role. You can't get more "multiple Earths" than that. The series was awesome, so if they can do this, that's great.

Dr. Who has done this many times...it's really not that hard. Outside of the Arroverse world - nobody cares.

Monker wrote:I mean, baby Yoda from the mediocre Mandoloran series has more attention.

Disney just wants to sell toys. That thing's an abomination.

Sure, selling baby Yoda toys will happen, ask Yogurt. But, what Disney REALLY wants is to take down Netflix and rule streaming the way they rule cinema. Baby Yoda made Mandalorian a must watch series.

It doesn't take away from the FACT that a baby Yoda is more popular than Birds of Prey. Doesn't show much fire there.

Monker wrote: The fall of Green Lantern Corps.

You should go be a blogger/tweeter, though there are too many of them now. I bet the MCU guys would love how you spin thread after thread of bs like this. How many projects morph during development (not preproduction)? MYRIAD. You know what that word means, right? :lol:

Except this didn't 'morph'. Or, do you believe the GL series is going to a "buddy cop" series like the movie was to be?

Monker wrote:The horrible box office of Shazam.

Shazam 2 is happening. Enjoy. Black Adam will be something.

Again, that doesn't change the fact that Shazam BOMBED. It's just the truth...and if Shazam 2 happens, it should go straight to HBO Max. And, making any prediction about Black Adam is very irrelevant.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 am

Monker wrote:So what about all of that. Endgame probably netted a billion dollars more than Joker. It's a farce to claim otherwise.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Endgame did not "net" a "billion dollars more."
Last edited by verslibre on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:The Snyder cut will never be release. First, it probably doesn't exist.

Seriously? Confirmed by multiple sources including Jay Oliva and Jason Momoa. It is not 100% finished, but it's there. Zack cannot release it. He cannot leak it. The studio would enact legal action. Ray Fisher (Cyborg) said Zack shot four hours' worth of footage. If you think an alternate cut cannot be assembled, you're bonkers.

Wow. You don't even realize that you just wrote that a Snyder cut will never be released and doesn't even exist.

No, I didn't say that. You're twisting my words.

The fact is if Zack left a copy out, WB would know exactly who did that. And he would have to face their team of lawyers. He's too smart for that.

His fans are doing all the heavy lifting. It's not a matter of if it shows up on HBO Max. It's a matter of when.

Monker wrote:It will never happen...even you admitted above that the studio has locked it down.

The guys who fucked over Zack are out of there. Former DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson tweeted in favor of the Snyder Cut. That signifies it's one step away from a done deal. My guess is he just has to finalize a cut he's happy with, and that they're willing to make space for, considering it will be over three hours.

And what the fuck do you care? You really have a hate-on for the guy. Did he rape your fiberglass garden gnome or something?

Monker wrote:This is another example of you guys exaggerating. Despite the title, "Joker" isn't really a comic book film, let alone a DC film. It really shouldn't even be looked at alongside traditional CBM's....it's that different.

Who gives a fuck what you think? :lol: Of course it's not a "traditional" CBM...hence its success! Are you shilling for Disney?

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:Just wait for the next Ant-Man movie.

Why? They don't interest me that much. But, "Birds of Prey" just looks horrible.

Are you ever going to figure out how to use tags? :lol:

Monker wrote:It's just the truth.

Yawn...

Monker wrote:It doesn't take away from the FACT that a baby Yoda is more popular than Birds of Prey. Doesn't show much fire there.

Well, well. Look who's exaggerating. "Baby Yoda" isn't more popular than Birds of Prey. Star Wars is more popular than — just about anything, except Downton Abbey (yes, that's a joke).

Monker wrote:Except this didn't 'morph'. Or, do you believe the GL series is going to a "buddy cop" series like the movie was to be?

There's a different showrunner in charge now. No idea what they're going to do. Wait and see. Don't piss razor blades.

Monker wrote:Again, that doesn't change the fact that Shazam BOMBED. It's just the truth...and if Shazam 2 happens, it should go straight to HBO Max. And, making any prediction about Black Adam is very irrelevant.

No, Charlie's Angels just bombed. That's a bomb. Shazam! underperformed. Go look at the numbers.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:41 am

Today, Warner Entertainment and WB Pictures both followed Zack on Twitter.

Make of that what you will. :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:36 am

No, I didn't say that. You're twisting my words.

No, I'm not. YOU said, "it's not 100% finished". In other words, it doesn't exist. YOU said Zack can not release it...the studio would stop him. In other words, it can't be released even if it did exist.

What YOU are saying is WB will have to invest money to finish it, produce it, etc, and then somehow release it to get their money back. If that happens, WB is very, very stupid. But, then again, they are kinda stupid so maybe it will happen.

And what the fuck do you care? You really have a hate-on for the guy. Did he rape your fiberglass garden gnome or something?

Because I want more movies like WW and AM. Not CRAP like BvS and SS.

Monker wrote:This is another example of you guys exaggerating. Despite the title, "Joker" isn't really a comic book film, let alone a DC film. It really shouldn't even be looked at alongside traditional CBM's....it's that different.

Who gives a fuck what you think?

You do.

Of course it's not a "traditional" CBM...

I didn't say "traditional". It's not a CBM. It would be more realistic to title it "Arthur Fleck" and NOT "Joker". It's about what it is like to be insane. It's really not even an origin story because Arthur Fleck is NOT Joker, except in his own crazy mind. It isn't about how the Joker came to be, because in this story - the "Joker" is an insane man's fantasy and doesn't really exist.

Monker wrote:It doesn't take away from the FACT that a baby Yoda is more popular than Birds of Prey. Doesn't show much fire there.

Well, well. Look who's exaggerating. "Baby Yoda" isn't more popular than Birds of Prey. Star Wars is more popular than — just about anything, except Downton Abbey (yes, that's a joke).

Baby Yoda (not SW) was the #1 trend on Twitter. The trailer for Birds of Prey failed to generated much excitement at all.

Star Wars is a bit toxic right now...you should know that. As I said, Mandolorian is a mediocre show. Baby Yoda is the only real reason it is getting attention. But, even that is more positive than the reception Birds of Prey has been getting thus far.

The lack of excitement for Birds of Prey is NOT an indication of a studio on fire.

Monker wrote:Except this didn't 'morph'. Or, do you believe the GL series is going to a "buddy cop" series like the movie was to be?

There's a different showrunner in charge now. No idea what they're going to do. Wait and see. Don't piss razor blades.

So, in other words, the Green Lantern series did not "morph" from GL Corps. They are two completely different and unrelated things. They canceled the movie and started completely over with a streaming series. That is not a sign of DB/WB being on fire.

Monker wrote:Again, that doesn't change the fact that Shazam BOMBED. It's just the truth...and if Shazam 2 happens, it should go straight to HBO Max. And, making any prediction about Black Adam is very irrelevant.

No, Charlie's Angels just bombed. That's a bomb. Shazam! underperformed. Go look at the numbers.

It's all relative. Shazam is the worst selling movie of the DCEU thus far. IMO, Shazam performed about exactly as I expected.

Anyway, Shazam isn't indicating DC/WB are on fire - not at all.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:44 am

Memorex wrote:I don't read this thread and I am not a comic/super-hero movie fanboy type. I like a good movie and have seen most of them, but more casually and most of the stuff in these types of threads would be over my head and bore me to tears.

That said, I've seen Joker twice now and for me, it's one of the best movies I have ever seen. It's been over a week since I first saw it and every day I am just thinking about it more and more. Any complaint I have about it would be tiny. I don't think in my lifetime I have gone to a theater twice to see a movie, unless some friend was dragging me along for the 2nd showing. I am planning to go a third time in the next day or two. For some that might be considered normal but for me I almost feel deranged about it, because who the fuck goes to a theater three times to see a movie?

It's funny because I am a huge Joaquin fan. I like most of the Todd Phillips movies, though that would be a weird justification to see it since it is so different than his past stuff. But I had a block. I was like oh, another comic book movie. How exciting. /s But this is not that in the least. And unlike TNC, I like origin stories more than when they are the super-hero/villain. So this was perfect. And as far as what this or that meant, the ending, etc. - I've read a million different takes and that's how it should be with this kind of thing. I'm perfectly fine not being spoon-fed what it all meant.

As a bonus, a lot of people hate the movie Due Date. I actually love that movie. So getting the Ethan Chase reference was great.

I'm not really one to care who wins awards, but I'd be truly shocked if this doesn't get best actor, director, score, and cinematography. And I'd even be a bit shocked if it doesn't get screenplay.

As far as the media crying about violence - wow did they miss the point of the movie and having just watched all three John Wick movies, Joker is like Sound of Music.

That was all anti-DC blogger rhetoric in action. Trust me, certain people aren't happy with the film's massive success, and they all work at Disney.

Just give Joaquin the Oscar. Robert might cry, but he can wipe away his tears with one of his $10K rolls.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 am

verslibre wrote:That was all anti-DC blogger rhetoric in action. Trust me, certain people aren't happy with the film's massive success, and they all work at Disney.

Just give Joaquin the Oscar. Robert might cry, but he can wipe away his tears with one of his $10K rolls.

Wow, YOU are the one who sounds jealous...jealous of Disney. RDJ probably won't even be nominated and I doubt he would care much if Joaquin wins.

Also, these things are always political and not always based solely on who deserves it most. Did you not consider that the academy may want to avoid the entire DC vs Marvel thing and nominate but not give the award to Joaquin? In addition, it wasn't that long ago that Heath Ledger won for the exact same character. So, it MAY not be such a guaranteed thing as you would like to think.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:38 am

@BrandonJRouth's Superman got one hell of a reaction on the Crisis on Infinite Earths set

https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-brandon-routh-superman/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa3b
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 am

Monker wrote:Wow, YOU are the one who sounds jealous...jealous of Disney.

Put :!: Down :!: The :!: Crack :!: Pipe :!: :wink:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Previous

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara