StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 am

Did you hear about stagehand strike at the Ex ???
Don't know if that will affect the show, if a no go.
Better check before you go.
Maybe you will miss out again.
If he is on, I'll be there.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:54 am

The dispute is between Exhibition Place and the stagehands union. The CNE is a tenant of Exhibition Place and has now hired staff they need to make everything happen.

You might have to go past picket lines tomorrow, but as far as I know, Dennis will be playing and the CNE will be fully operational... at least I'm hoping so, cause I'm going!
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby yogi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 am

Dennis would never cross a picket line. I heard that If Dennis doesnt play they are bringing in some SCABS to take his place -

STYX

(sorry I'm not taking sides but I couldnt resist that)
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3997
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am

yogi wrote:Dennis would never cross a picket line. I heard that If Dennis doesnt play they are bringing in some SCABS to take his place -

STYX

(sorry I'm not taking sides but I couldnt resist that)



Aww, but I saw Styx last month "across the street" from the Exhibition Fairgrounds, I need me some Dennis!!! :P
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:28 am

StyxGuy wrote:The dispute is between Exhibition Place and the stagehands union. The CNE is a tenant of Exhibition Place and has now hired staff they need to make everything happen.

You might have to go past picket lines tomorrow, but as far as I know, Dennis will be playing and the CNE will be fully operational... at least I'm hoping so, cause I'm going!


Ah,good.It's on.Better bring some rain gear, it looks like.:)
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:48 am

Yep, hoping the rain today maybe cuts it for tomorrow as I wanted to bring my camera and get some snaps ;)

Talked to the CNE and they've said everything is on tomorrow!
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:49 am

I'll be there in a Jethro Tull shirt ;)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 am

StyxGuy wrote:I'll be there in a Jethro Tull shirt ;)


Roxy Music.
You take the snaps and I'll drink the schnapps .:)
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 am

Or a yellow ponco cause of the rain ;)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:20 pm

We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm

gr8dane wrote:We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??


I was there up front starting with the opening act. I was in a yellow poncho, almost centre stage, off to the right.

It was great.. so glad I got to see Dennis again! Took a good chunk of photos (gotta pick the good ones and process them before sharing), though I was kind of surprised with how many other amateurs like me where there snapping away :P

If you look up TMAK World on Facebook, there's video of Mr Roboto.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm

StyxGuy wrote:
gr8dane wrote:We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??


I was there up front starting with the opening act. I was in a yellow poncho, almost centre stage, off to the right.

It was great.. so glad I got to see Dennis again! Took a good chunk of photos (gotta pick the good ones and process them before sharing), though I was kind of surprised with how many other amateurs like me where there snapping away :P

If you look up TMAK World on Facebook, there's video of Mr Roboto.


I was in front of Dennis' keys, about 7 rows of people out.
Good times.
Kansas on the 1rst of September.Same place.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:02 am

Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby gr8dane » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:34 am

Nice shots.Well done.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 am

StyxGuy wrote:Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh


Great shots. Especially like the shot with DDY holding the Roboto mask. It cracks me up to see him autographing stuff while doing the show. What was the set list like? Is he still including Miss America? Did he talk about his new album coming out?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6918
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Boomchild wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh


Great shots. Especially like the shot with DDY holding the Roboto mask. It cracks me up to see him autographing stuff while doing the show. What was the set list like? Is he still including Miss America? Did he talk about his new album coming out?



Yeah, that mask is apparently the one made for the video :) The autographing while singing was too good... one lady there had a stack of album covers she was trying to get signed (depending on the song, she grabbed the proper album and held it up... I think she got one of them signed, hah)

He didn't mention the new album (at least I don't recall it) and I think it was a shorter set (13 songs)

GI, Lady, Loreli, Blue Collar Man, Desert Moon, Mr. Roboto, Too Much Time, Babe, Fooling Yourself, Prelude 12/Suite Madame Blue, Best of Times, Renegade and CSA
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby blt man » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:38 am

Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.
blt man
45 RPM
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:35 am
Location: Canada

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby Boomchild » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:49 pm

blt man wrote:Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.


I would say it's worth going since it will be performing the whole album. Something DDY says he really doesn't like to do and you don't when or if he will do it again.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6918
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am

blt man wrote:Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.



Do it. He was great at the CNE and I wish it lasted longer. I don't drive so to-from Brampton means taking a VIA train from Kitchener and staying the night... and I'm still considering it (though I'd like to have nice seats too so I'd better decide soon!)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm


Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests