Neal Schon on facebook - The end of Journey?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Neal Schon on facebook - The end of Journey?

Postby grimbsel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi, wonder what this post means?

on Neals FB : With only 3 more shows I’d like to thank you all for your continued support for the last 47 years ! You all are #1 to me as I’ve said many times before.
Though this Journey is over for now the Future is looking Very Bright!
Thank You ,
Neal
grimbsel
Fresh Air

Re: Neal Schon on facebook - The end of Journey?

Postby tater1977 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:19 pm

grimbsel wrote:Hi, wonder what this post means?

on Neals FB : With only 3 more shows I’d like to thank you all for your continued support for the last 47 years ! You all are #1 to me as I’ve said many times before.
Thank You ,
Neal

Well they have 3 more nights to play to finish out the 2018 tour.
Neal says he wants to do a Journey thru Time tour in 2019.
So any guess is a good one.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:08 pm

the key words is "for now" but sure hope Through Time comes anywhere near me.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Gideon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Honestly, barring a full on or one off collaboration with Perry, I can very much see this as the end of Journey.

For all their undeniable talent, the band has no chemistry on stage anymore. Arnel does his best to be energetic and enthusiastic, but he’s dragging a lot of dead weight in that regard. The tension and their dislike seemed palpable when I saw them in Louisville in July.

Back in 2008, Journey was extraordinary. The chemistry, enthusiasm, energy were all stratospheric. I remember Schon and Cain jamming on the outro to Keep On Runnin’, literally back against back, pushing each other, grinning from ear to ear like they did in the 80s. The brotherhood was real.

Now it’s obvious that brotherhood is dead. Which is a shame, because the partnership between Schon and Cain has kept the band alive these last 22 years.

I’m privileged to have seen my favorite band so many times despite the fact that I was born years after their heyday. I regret having delved so deeply into their histories and personalities.

Never get to know your heroes.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:10 am

The last time I saw the band having fun was 2002, Under the Radar tour. Everybody was having a jam. Last time I saw them was on the Eclipse tour. Arnel's voice impressed me. But the band was lifeless.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tedpruitt » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:The last time I saw the band having fun was 2002, Under the Radar tour. Everybody was having a jam. Last time I saw them was on the Eclipse tour. Arnel's voice impressed me. But the band was lifeless.

Agree 100% - and not to say they need to go into Perry-level seclusion, but a break would do a lot of good for the band AND the brand.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby Greg » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 am

It's probably the end of this incarnation of Journey. This has been a pretty successful version of Journey IMO. Pineda being in the band about as long as Perry was, two album releases, one of those putting the band back on the map again, all of the fanfare around Don't Stop Believing....a lot to be thankful for. And if you take a step back and look at the big picture since Perry leaving in '98, you see a band that kept going with Augeri, Soto, and Pineda - during a time when many of these AOR bands had broken up or, at best, were doing state fairs. Journey found their way back into the big time, and made a lot of money for the players. Lot's to be thankful about, and honestly, I think the break does them some good.

I don't know if I would say this particular version of Journey has ran its course of not, but I'm excited about the prospect of the Journey Through Time thing. I've seen Journey with Augeri, seen them with Pineda. Seeing Journey Through Time would be amazing for me.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:02 pm

According to the band's website, tomorrow night is the last show of this tour. Maybe the last time Journey plays together.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 am

tj wrote:According to the band's website, tomorrow night is the last show of this tour. Maybe the last time Journey plays together.

No big loss. They're been creatively dead for a decade, whenever Revelation was released.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:15 am

They (At leas Cain/Schon) will be back...too much money to be made and with all the ex-wives and current money hungry wives... :lol:...
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm

This is why Steve Perry won't tour solo. If people want to hear the dirty dozen, they can just go see Journey without him. Journey will keep touring.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby marco17 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:48 pm

You never know with Neal, but I think some are trying to look too deep into the comment. He's probably referencing the end of the tour, and then promoting JTT for 2019. The plan all along was that Journey would be taking 2019 off.
marco17
8 Track

Postby steveo777 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:03 am

My prediction; Journey comes back in 2020 with a new keyboardist. And not Steve Perry. :lol:
steveo777
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:16 pm

grimbsel wrote:Hi, wonder what this post means?

Thank You ,
Neal

With Neal god only knows what it means, if it was even him that wrote it.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Return to Journey