Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Top Rock Albums on iTunes

Traces # 1

Steve Perry


New Release
Tracks / Songs: 10
Genre: Rock
Release Date: October 5, 2018
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby perryfan61 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Never any doubt!

Checked Wikipedia to see what they had to say, they quoted Andrew's review under "Critical Reception"... Good job there, Andrew!!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Sighlence » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:28 am

Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby S2M » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 am

Glad it's doing so well...however, it's NOT a rock album. It's one step up from a Muzak CD.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11960
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Archetype » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:48 am

Just saw this. Top trending on iTunes

Image
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:06 am
Location: Andromeda

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:54 am

All this publicity is also helping Journey albums shoot up the charts.

Itunes Rock Albums:
1. Steve Perry- Traces
2. Journey- Greatest Hits

itunes Top 100 Albums:
4. Steve Perry- Traces
22. Journey Greatest Hits
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby scarab » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:59 am

Very cool,

and yeah I know live under a rock but who is Greta Van Fleet? Every time I go to amazon I get suggested for them.
Sound like a cross between a Zeppelin cover band and Tesla. Which I guess isnt the worst thing. I see they are in the top 5.

Amazed kids listen to a rock/blues band.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:32 am

jrny84 wrote:All this publicity is also helping Journey albums shoot up the charts.

Itunes Rock Albums:
1. Steve Perry- Traces
2. Journey- Greatest Hits

itunes Top 100 Albums:
4. Steve Perry- Traces
22. Journey Greatest Hits

:D
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby scarab » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:43 am

at least with Steve spiking Journey's GH, Neal and Jon will be able to make alimony payments next month. :lol:
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Sighlence » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:28 pm

If i read it correctly, the billboard top 200 runs from friday to thursday so we'll find out soon where it lands there.
Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:03 am

He must be EXTREMELY happy with this :) :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 am

Sighlence wrote:If i read it correctly, the billboard top 200 runs from friday to thursday so we'll find out soon where it lands there.


We wont find out until late this weekend/early next week. I will say the numbers are looking VERY good for him.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 pm

Steve Perry could log his first top 10 album, as his new Traces may start at No. 6 with around 65,000 units.

It’s Perry’s third solo studio album, and his first since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, which debuted and peaked at No. 15. The former Journey front man released one earlier studio set, Street Talk, which peaked at No. 12 in 1984.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lboard-200
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 pm

tater1977 wrote:Steve Perry could log his first top 10 album, as his new Traces may start at No. 6 with around 65,000 units.

It’s Perry’s third solo studio album, and his first since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, which debuted and peaked at No. 15. The former Journey front man released one earlier studio set, Street Talk, which peaked at No. 12 in 1984.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lboard-200


Wow, I am way off then. I predicted #2. I thought he would push at least 100,000 units. 65,000 units seems low with all the hype and publicity.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 am

jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Steve Perry could log his first top 10 album, as his new Traces may start at No. 6 with around 65,000 units.

It’s Perry’s third solo studio album, and his first since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, which debuted and peaked at No. 15. The former Journey front man released one earlier studio set, Street Talk, which peaked at No. 12 in 1984.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lboard-200


Wow, I am way off then. I predicted #2. I thought he would push at least 100,000 units. 65,000 units seems low with all the hype and publicity.

Does it encompass, all sales in all outlets :?:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am

tater1977 wrote:
jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Steve Perry could log his first top 10 album, as his new Traces may start at No. 6 with around 65,000 units.

It’s Perry’s third solo studio album, and his first since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, which debuted and peaked at No. 15. The former Journey front man released one earlier studio set, Street Talk, which peaked at No. 12 in 1984.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lboard-200


Wow, I am way off then. I predicted #2. I thought he would push at least 100,000 units. 65,000 units seems low with all the hype and publicity.

Does it encompass, all sales in all outlets :?:


I was wondering the same thing. Would that number include Canada, the UK, and Japan?
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
User avatar
perryfan61
8 Track
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 am
Location: New Brunswick. Canada

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Memorex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:56 am

jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Steve Perry could log his first top 10 album, as his new Traces may start at No. 6 with around 65,000 units.

It’s Perry’s third solo studio album, and his first since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, which debuted and peaked at No. 15. The former Journey front man released one earlier studio set, Street Talk, which peaked at No. 12 in 1984.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... lboard-200


Wow, I am way off then. I predicted #2. I thought he would push at least 100,000 units. 65,000 units seems low with all the hype and publicity.


It's available on the streaming sites, which have become the norm for many people.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 am

Billboard Top 200 albums only includes U.S outlets. Not sure if it includes all of them, as that could add to it.

I know music people who were saying a #1 album for him. Guess they were off lol. I thought at least in the top 4.

Disappointing for an artist who has one of the best voices of all time that hasn't been around in 20 some years. Guess people really like that Lil Wayne guy and Twenty one Pilots.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:44 am

Some ppl are still just now finding out he has a new cd out and trying to find out where to buy it. See where it goes after another week.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:16 am

Said it before but if would go on a talk show and sing a song from Traces and do LTS and getting the audience to sing along, \
Ellen or any of the late nights, preferably the late late show.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:31 am

scarab wrote:Said it before but if would go on a talk show and sing a song from Traces and do LTS and getting the audience to sing along, \
Ellen or any of the late nights, preferably the late late show.


Yup, I agree. Been saying the same thing. Makes a difference when you do a performance. He should done "We're Still Here" on GMA.

Apparently, he was on Fox and Friends Tuesday morning. Haven't seen any videos of it though, just Twitter pictures.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Sighlence » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 am

jrny84 wrote:
scarab wrote:Said it before but if would go on a talk show and sing a song from Traces and do LTS and getting the audience to sing along, \
Ellen or any of the late nights, preferably the late late show.


Yup, I agree. Been saying the same thing. Makes a difference when you do a performance. He should done "We're Still Here" on GMA.

Apparently, he was on Fox and Friends Tuesday morning. Haven't seen any videos of it though, just Twitter pictures.


It was on this morning. Turned the on the TV this morning when i got home from work at the exact moment it started. Very short. Wish they gave it more time. While playing DSB Steve Doocy asks him "That note right there....that long note, can you still hit that note?" Steve replies "On a good day, in a perfect world, i would say sometimes...at this age. laughs"
Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 am

Sighlence wrote:
jrny84 wrote:
scarab wrote:Said it before but if would go on a talk show and sing a song from Traces and do LTS and getting the audience to sing along, \
Ellen or any of the late nights, preferably the late late show.


Yup, I agree. Been saying the same thing. Makes a difference when you do a performance. He should done "We're Still Here" on GMA.

Apparently, he was on Fox and Friends Tuesday morning. Haven't seen any videos of it though, just Twitter pictures.


It was on this morning. Turned the on the TV this morning when i got home from work at the exact moment it started. Very short. Wish they gave it more time. While playing DSB Steve Doocy asks him "That note right there....that long note, can you still hit that note?" Steve replies "On a good day, in a perfect world, i would say sometimes...at this age. laughs"


Dang, wished I would have known! Any links? It was actually taped three days ago and they must have edited alot of it out.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Sighlence » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 am

jrny84 wrote:Dang, wished I would have known! Any links? It was actually taped three days ago and they must have edited alot of it out.


I haven't seen any links to it yet. The way they ran it, it seemed as if it was live. Just watched it again and they we're wearing different clothes. F&F plays DSB all the time.

Just noticed they went to a commercial break with Arnel singing BGTY......ugh, what a kick in the Nuts. Some dumbass got their Journey mixed up.
Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby Sighlence » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:47 am

Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby tater1977 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 am

Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4985
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Top Rock Albums on iTunes - Traces # 1

Postby jrny84 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 am



Thanks, Tater. You're always on top of things!
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida


Return to Steve Perry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest