JC's daughter on The Voice

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

JC's daughter on The Voice

Postby LTS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:34 pm

A friend of mine told me Jonathan Cain's daughter was on The Voice tonight .. and no one turned their chairs ..
LTS
Radio Waves

Re: JC's daughter on The Voice

Postby tater1977 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:55 pm

LTS wrote:A friend of mine told me Jonathan Cain's daughter was on The Voice tonight .. and no one turned their chairs ..

She has a great voice, but she just seemed uncomfortable and out of place.
https://twitter.com/NBCTheVoice/status/ ... 1429015552

Madison Cain Sings Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" - The Voice 2018 Blind Auditions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpAnBnQ4Snk&app=desktop
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am

Isn't that a hard song to sing? You have to be fearless.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Sounded decent to me. Of course, the Alanis version has a lot more grit. Some of the judges on there are total jokes. Like that Maroon 5 loser can sing? Fuck off.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Pacfanweb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:54 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Sounded decent to me. Of course, the Alanis version has a lot more grit. Some of the judges on there are total jokes. Like that Maroon 5 loser can sing? Fuck off.

Don't disagree about Levine, but you don't have to be a great singer to know a great singer when you hear one.

My question would be, why in the hell is a member of Journey's kid having to audition for a crap show like that to get their career going?
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Pacfanweb wrote:My question would be, why in the hell is a member of Journey's kid having to audition for a crap show like that to get their career going?

With the music industry being the way that it is, having established musician parents doesn't get you that far anymore.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby carleysdad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:37 am

LTS wrote:A friend of mine told me Jonathan Cain's daughter was on The Voice tonight .. and no one turned their chairs ..

She was horrible. I could name 100 (amateur) female singers who are better than her. The only reason she got on the show to begin with is because she is a "celebs" daughter.
carleysdad
Ol' 78

Postby steveo777 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:16 am

carleysdad wrote:

She was horrible. I could name 100 (amateur) female singers who are better than her. The only reason she got on the show to begin with is because she is a "celebs" daughter.

I don't think she's horrible. Nervous might be a better explanation. I've heard her sing at a much higher quality level in the past. I've got the American Beauty EP she did with Miles Schon and her voice is great on it.
steveo777
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am

steveo777 wrote:
carleysdad wrote:

I don't think she's horrible. Nervous might be a better explanation. I've heard her sing at a much higher quality level in the past. I've got the American Beauty EP she did with Miles Schon and her voice is great on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_sB2KChWg
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tj » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:23 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Pacfanweb wrote:My question would be, why in the hell is a member of Journey's kid having to audition for a crap show like that to get their career going?

With the music industry being the way that it is, having established musician parents doesn't get you that far anymore.

Everyone thinks that they are the next Carrie Underwood. Jon's book tells a little about how she tried to get started in Nashville, to no success. He couldn't even get songs picked up there. A lot of these wanna be singers need to go clean turkey coops for a few years and see what real life is like.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby tj » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 pm

There probably are some, but what musician's kids have actually been successful (multiple times hitting the billboard charts, for example) in the business? More than just a one hit wonder here or there?

Zak Starkey and Jason Bonham come to mind as role players for others. Anyone who has hit as a solo artist or fronting a band?
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:12 pm

tj wrote:There probably are some, but what musician's kids have actually been successful (multiple times hitting the billboard charts, for example) in the business? More than just a one hit wonder here or there?

Zak Starkey and Jason Bonham come to mind as role players for others. Anyone who has hit as a solo artist or fronting a band?

Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan's son, with the Wallflowers has been very successful.

I'd say Hank Williams Jr has been pretty successful.

Pam Tillis has been pretty successful. (m m m m Mel Tillis' daughter)

Miley Cyrus I'd say is extremely successful.

Not that many rockers I can think of, though.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby ADALBL » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:09 am

Another example is Ricky Nelson and his twin sons who had the band Nelson.
ADALBL
Ol' 78

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:26 pm

ADALBL wrote:Another example is Ricky Nelson and his twin sons who had the band Nelson.

Yeah, they had a cup of coffee in the business for sure. Plus, Dad Ricky was the son of Ozzie Nelson, of Ozzie and Harriet fame, so a triple play there.

Found some more:

Norah Jones is the daughter of Ravi Shankar. I didn't know that.

Shooter Jennings is Waylon's son and he's pretty big now.

Julio Iglesias, can't believe we forgot him, he's been very successful.

Nancy Sinatra probably counts, I'd think.

Carnie and Wendy Wilson, Brian Wilson's daughters did very well.

Roseanne Cash is another.

Natalie Cole is yet another.

Bob Marley has multiple kids that have careers in music.

I'm sure there are more.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby tj » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 pm

ADALBL wrote:Another example is Ricky Nelson and his twin sons who had the band Nelson.

I had completely forgotten about Nelson. What hair!!
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey