Journey on Axis TV Rock Legends October 30th

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey on Axis TV Rock Legends October 30th

Postby jrny84 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

JOURNEY | ROCK LEGENDS ON OCTOBER 30TH OCTOBER 26, 2018

Anyway you want it, that’s the way you need it!
This Tuesday, Rock Legends is featuring the unforgettable 80s band, Journey! Journey originated in San Francisco in 1973 and acquired members from Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch. They reached their height of popularity with the release of their album Escape in 1981, which included their most memorable hits “Don’t Stop Believing,” “Who’s Cryin,’ Now” and “Open Arms.” For a full history of the formation of the band, the energy behind the music, and the lyrics that defined a generation of rock & roll fans, don’t miss this premiere of Rock Legends on October 30th at 8/7c.

Music is back on TV. Only on AXS TV.
For a full schedule of this week’s concert check our show page.
Follow AXS TV Concerts on Facebook and Twitter.
Never miss a moment. Sign up for weekly newsletters.
Find AXS TV on your TV.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Re: Journey on Axis TV Rock Legends October 30th

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 am

They touched on tapegate.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby jrny84 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 am

Any link to the special?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:05 am

RedWingFan wrote:They touched on tapegate.

:shock:

Band can't be happy about that. What they say?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:43 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:They touched on tapegate.

:shock:

Band can't be happy about that. What they say?

Basically that SA developed a throat infection during the Def Leppard tour, and rumors started that he was relying on pre-taped vocals...and that he eventually had to step down. Short and to the point, and only took up about 15 seconds of the program.

The show was pretty good. Nothing really scandalous, and nothing new to any hard core fans, just a 30 minute biography of the band. My wife, who is a fan but not as hard core as myself, said that she got a better understanding of who left when and what impact each person made on the band.

What I found odd was the amount of time they gave to George Tickner. He came off as a major piece of the original puzzle, and how all of the guitar playing was left to Neal after he left the band. I don't know that much about him personally, but I never really thought there was any impact on the band once he left. He got more airtime than Aynsley, which I found surprising...especially since the hosts of the show were all Brits.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 am

I know Tickner was a somewhat significant songwriter on both Journey (Topaz was soley his) and LITF. Which he didnt play on. And even one on Next. Looking at Next's writers, amazing how many lyrics were written by Dunbar. Will have to look at the Jefferson Starship albums to see if he did the same.
Not sure what guitar parts were his in the original album. Is there any video w him live with Journey?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:23 am

Who Tickner or Dunbar?

Dunbar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByyAW0_SB7M

Tickner (Sorry, I have to run, lol, but I'm almost positive there is a jam with the original set on youtube).
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Sorry, Tickner, Great video though, Damn I love Next live with Perry.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MysteryMountain » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:22 am

Yes, that performance of Next is great, my favorite period of the band.

On another note, anyone know if this is on youtube, or if its going to be replayed? I checked my cable listings, & on demand & nothing is listed at all. I hope it wasn't a 1 & done.
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Postby MysteryMountain » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:29 am

scarab wrote:Sorry, Tickner, Great video though, Damn I love Next live with Perry.

George is listed having played in this Winterland 74' concert, and you do see him playing during the 2nd track, In My Lonely Feeling. Damn, pre-Perry Journey is the best :ducks: :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3nMUcZWoI

Here is the other Winterland show, also featuring George on guitar. Make sure to catch "Mystery Mountain", and damn, Ross has to be the most underrated bassist of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UViSSGsPMZg
MysteryMountain
Ol' 78

Return to Journey