Lou Gramm last night (HQ video)

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Lou Gramm last night (HQ video)

Postby AR » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:25 am

Asia featuring John Payne opened and with no intermission was Lou's backing band for his set. Bet that saves on travel! :)

Hot Blooded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBovwJV2704
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Re: Lou Gramm last night (HQ video)

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:09 am

Lou sounds GREAT. Were some idiots actually booing?

Wasn't Erik Norlander playing keyboards?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:11 am

Thanks Ed. Hope Lou and Mick finish and release some of those Foreigner tracks from the vault someday.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby AR » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 am

verslibre wrote:Lou sounds GREAT. Were some idiots actually booing?

Nah, they were yelling “Looooooouuuuuu”
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:08 am

Okay, whew! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby JohnH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 pm

He’s been in Last In Line almost three years and out of JP Asia for around four years.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby S2M » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am

JohnH wrote:

He’s been in Last In Line almost three years and out of JP Asia for around four years.

And his wife, Lana Lane, has gone the way of the dodo...unfortunately. Hasn't dropped an album in SEVEN years.
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
S2M
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 am

JohnH wrote:

Weird, a friend saw Asia last year and he told me Erik was in the band! Guess he lied or he doesn't know what Erik looks like. :lol:

I saw Erik do an entirely electronic instrumental solo set (modular Moog, Mellotron, various synths) way, way back in '01...trust me, he doesn't do those anymore. It was awesome.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:18 am

S2M wrote:
JohnH wrote:

And his wife, Lana Lane, has gone the way of the dodo...unfortunately. Hasn't dropped an album in SEVEN years.

Not to mention there's a five-year gap between Red Planet Boulevard and El Dorado Hotel.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:12 pm

GD thanks! Lou is back and sounds as good as he did back in the day IMO on Hot Blooded. He's back, I'd pay to see him!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Aaron wrote:GD thanks! Lou is back and sounds as good as he did back in the day IMO on Hot Blooded. He's back, I'd pay to see him!
I've had a bit of time to listen to a few clips. My conclusion is FY replacement fk, you arrogant, DH singing Lou's songs and acting like you deserve a place on that stage. FY Kelly Fagson, you replacement fake as fk. If you really think you can own the stage with the dude the wrote and sang those songs, you are a fk.

Lou, you need to step up and quit fkn with the clowns. You sound as good now as back in the day. Welcome back sir!

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 am

Aaron wrote:FY Kelly Fagson, you replacement fake as fk.

Classy.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

You're right brother, I went too far. My bad.

Here the the facts:

1. Lou sang all of the their hits
2. Lou wrote or co-wrote all of their hits
3. Hansen sings Lou's songs a half step down as a replacement singer
4. Hansen talks to the crowd like he was an original member of the band in the clip. He says nothing about Lou which I read as disrespect
5. Lou comes out subdued and did a great job singing the songs he wrote. It would be like Arnel giving crap to Perry coming back to sing a song or two. I have no respect for that.

I'm not a fan. Is that better?

verslibre wrote:
Aaron wrote:FY Kelly Fagson, you replacement fake as fk.

Classy.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:53 am

Keep two things in mind:

1. Mick Jones hired Kelly Hansen to fill a void. Kelly knows he can never truly "replace" Lou. Lou's is one of the greatest voices in rock.

2. Everyone will always prefer Lou as Foreigner's vocalist. That won't change.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm

Monker
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:30 am

Aaron wrote:You're right brother, I went too far. My bad.

Here the the facts:

4. Hansen talks to the crowd like he was an original member of the band in the clip. He says nothing about Lou which I read as disrespect
5. Lou comes out subdued and did a great job singing the songs he wrote. It would be like Arnel giving crap to Perry coming back to sing a song or two. I have no respect for that.

These are the same empty arguments made by Perryheads against Augeri. Night after night, Kelly has done a tremendous job. By all accounts, Kelly and Lou are on friendly terms. So why the hate? Lou has definitely rebounded but much of the original material remains out of his league. His high range is diminished. He also doesn't want to tour anymore.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Here the the facts:

These are the same empty arguments made by Perryheads against Augeri. Night after night, Kelly has done a tremendous job. By all accounts, Kelly and Lou are on friendly terms. So why the hate? Lou has definitely rebounded but much of the original material remains out of his league. His high range is diminished. He also doesn't want to tour anymore.

And Foreigner's Can't Slow Down record was very good. "In Pieces" and "When it comes to Love" are among their best in my book.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Love Augeri and no hate intended. I feel KH show boats and doesn't not show Lou the respect he deserves on stage, that's pretty much it. And he runs a half step down as a replacement. Listen to some of Lou's recent performances, his high range may not be as diminished as you think TNC.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Here the the facts:

Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm

RWF, I agree 100%. I have that record and would put In Pieces as one of their best songs as well. That cd was solid.

RedWingFan wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Here the the facts:

And Foreigner's Can't Slow Down record was very good. "In Pieces" and "When it comes to Love" are among their best in my book.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Aaron wrote: Listen to some of Lou's recent performances, his high range may not be as diminished as you think TNC.

I've been watching Lou's performances with his solo band since he left the band. Year after year, I have been very happy to see him looking healthier and sounding better. I've also been watching footage of the Foreigner reunion shows. That said, I'm not delusional. On slow tempo songs like "That Was Yesterday" he is decent. On fast paced rockers, he is just shouting. An example of this would be "Cold as Ice" or "Urgent" at the Billy Joel show. Lou's a legend and still talented, but Kelly's the man imo. Neal would have been lucky to get a replacement singer as reliable as him.

https://youtu.be/7UVG-5Ln5h0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CaXgvzMUvk
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:04 am

Foreigner really should just call it, especially if Mick Jones isn't going to be a part of the actively touring unit. When a band has not one single original player left, it becomes by default its own tribute. See: Yes.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:26 am

verslibre wrote:Foreigner really should just call it, especially if Mick Jones isn't going to be a part of the actively touring unit. When a band has not one single original player left, it becomes by default its own tribute. See: Yes.

Agree, When Mick Jones retires Foreigner needs to call it quits. This is not Kelly's band like he thinks it is.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:37 am

With Alan Parsons

very different, sounds like a movie soundtrack song, definitely goes deeper on the voice, but he did this with Foreigner as well.
but nonetheless a very beautiful ballad and so happy he is still singing. After seeing Lou w/ Foreigner in 2001 I thought he was done. Foolish me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijw2Zd0 ... rt_radio=1
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:28 pm

scarab wrote: This is not Kelly's band like he thinks it is.

Any examples of this?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara