Bobby News - Solo Re-Release

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Bobby News - Solo Re-Release

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

Bobby's longtime collaborator, John Zaika, is re-doing the "All I Ever Needed" album. At one point it was available for download under the title "Back in Spades." Zaika acknowledges that Kimball's hearing is shot and he won't be doing any new vocals for the project. All the Bobby/TOTO drama notwithstanding, both of BK's solo projects are very strong. The most recent, "We're Not in Kansas Anymore", is criminally underrated imo.

https://youtu.be/k4y32CQpXAM
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Bobby News - Solo Re-Release

Postby r@y » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Bobby's longtime collaborator, John Zaika, is re-doing the "All I Ever Needed" album. At one point it was available for download under the title "Back in Spades." Zaika acknowledges that Kimball's hearing is shot and he won't be doing any new vocals for the project. All the Bobby/TOTO drama notwithstanding, both of BK's solo projects are very strong. The most recent, "We're Not in Kansas Anymore", is criminally underrated imo.

https://youtu.be/k4y32CQpXAM

Both ? Was there only 2 BK solo records ? I only ever had one, which was Rise Up.....from way back when. Not a half bad album. Not bad at all, actually.

Think was recorded somewhere in Europe.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 am

r@y wrote:
Both ? Was there only 2 BK solo records ? I only ever had one, which was Rise Up.....from way back when. Not a half bad album. Not bad at all, actually.

Think was recorded somewhere in Europe.

Rise Up had several covers on it. But yea, I guess it counts.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Sundet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:26 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Zaika acknowledges that Kimball's hearing is shot and he won't be doing any new vocals for the project.

Well that's sad news but at least it confirms rumours that have been making their rounds around the internet for years now - and it also explains some of the atrocious Kimball vocal performances that have been documented. For all I know this may even help explain his increasing pitch and voice control problems while he was with Toto.

If he can't cut it in the studio anymore I guess it also marks the end of his live performances.
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Sundet wrote:If he can't cut it in the studio anymore I guess it also marks the end of his live performances.

Have you heard "We're Not in Kansas Anymore"?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Sundet » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:34 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Sundet wrote:If he can't cut it in the studio anymore I guess it also marks the end of his live performances.

Have you heard "We're Not in Kansas Anymore"?

What's that got to do with it? This was recorded several years ago. The point is that Kimball's hearing has deteriorated to a point where he is admittedly unable to re-record any vocals for the All I Ever Needed album. That, to me, suggests that his days singing in the studio are over and if he can't sing in a vocal booth, then I very much doubt he will be able to pull it off on a stage.
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Sundet wrote:What's that got to do with it?

You said the dude can't cut it in the studio anymore, but his album from just 2 years ago sounds fantastic.

Sundet wrote:The point is that Kimball's hearing has deteriorated to a point where he is admittedly unable to re-record any vocals for the All I Ever Needed album.

That's not what John Zaika said.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Morten » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Sundet wrote:What's that got to do with it?

You said the dude can't cut it in the studio anymore, but his album from just 2 years ago sounds fantastic.

At least parts of that album were recorded a lot longer than 2 years ago. There were soundbites from some of those tracks up on Bobby's homepage years ago.
Morten
Radio Waves

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Bobby looks off his tits in that video. Like he's on something strong!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Morten » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 am

Here's another video from NAMM 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWyPQf2_lM

It's interesting to see how much ... I don't know ... less eccentric? he seemed 20 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkRzoP8MPsY
Morten
Radio Waves

Postby Anymajordude » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:29 am

Morten wrote:Here's another video from NAMM 2019:

It's interesting to see how much ... I don't know ... less eccentric? he seemed 20 years ago:

Oh man, what's going on.
Anymajordude
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:39 am

Morten wrote:At least parts of that album were recorded a lot longer than 2 years ago. There were soundbites from some of those tracks up on Bobby's homepage years ago.

That's true. My only point is, this isn't a Meat Loaf situation. Bobby could still prolly record something semi-decent or better in the studio.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:39 am

Andrew wrote:Bobby looks off his tits in that video. Like he's on something strong!

Possibly early stages of dementia (or a relapse). From the way he talks, you can tell he can't hear himself talk. Why is he on a scooter? Somebody should ask Luke if they are really text buds. My guess is no.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 am

Another interview. At least his wife seems sane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R49B5yM0sLE
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Sundet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 am

Wow. Definitely something going on there. I was going to argue that most of the 'weirdness' appears to stem from Kimball obviously not being able to hear himself talking, but from this additional footage it's equally obvious that there is something more to it. I have no idea what it is but it's probably time that someone gives Kimball a break from media. It might even be time that media give him a break.
Sundet
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Sundet wrote:Wow. Definitely something going on there. I was going to argue that most of the 'weirdness' appears to stem from Kimball obviously not being able to hear himself talking, but from this additional footage it's equally obvious that there is something more to it. I have no idea what it is but it's probably time that someone gives Kimball a break from media. It might even be time that media give him a break.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I don't even think this should have been uploaded. The guy is clearly not well.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Morten wrote:Here's another video from NAMM 2019:

Er, well....no comment.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Andrew wrote:Bobby looks off his tits in that video. Like he's on something strong!

Somebody should ask Luke if they are really text buds. My guess is no.

No. Last he saw Bobby was at NAMM a year or two back - whenever that last weird video was recorded.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JohnH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm

The 2019, he’s talking loud and excited but his sentences are clear. I don’t see anything beyond his normal personality here. Yes he’s probably talking loud because of his hearing. High or drunk? Not even .
JohnH
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:32 pm

JohnH wrote:The 2019, he’s talking loud and excited but his sentences are clear. I don’t see anything beyond his normal personality here. Yes he’s probably talking loud because of his hearing. High or drunk? Not even .

I hope you're right.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Morten » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:02 am

I don't think he's high on drugs either, just ... strange. (I don't know for sure either way, it's just my impression.) Also, when you look at the way he writes on his official Facebook page, it's almost incomprehensible to me that this guy actually wrote lyrics for Toto. He writes like a child. (Given, of course, that his FB posts aren't written for him by somebody else -- but I don't get the impression they are. I think it's actually him.)
Morten
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:06 am

Morten wrote:I don't think he's high on drugs either, just ... strange. (I don't know for sure either way, it's just my impression.) Also, when you look at the way he writes on his official Facebook page, it's almost incomprehensible to me that this guy actually wrote lyrics for Toto. He writes like a child. (Given, of course, that his FB posts aren't written for him by somebody else -- but I don't get the impression they are. I think it's actually him.)

Agreed.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Return to Toto