JTT Shows 2019

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:24 am

folks complaining about Separate Ways...it was the best version of that song I've heard in awhile. Rocking..

Loving you is Easy...was great too...I get these are cherished originally Perry sung tracks.,.I really felt like I was at a Departure era show all things considered. Nice hand-off to Deen when Anytime / Feeling that way came up. Yeah more Gregg would be nice too. Compositionally some of the old Journey tracks can get a little mundane to my ear...but Neal was on fire...the guitar was singing - and the ride was alot of fun. This show resonated alot more than when they did the tour in the mid 2000's where they played the old tracks.
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 am

scarab wrote:I do like the Lights/Still they Ride and of course Deen's always awesome Mother Father, but seeing Rolie up there during DSB and even more so during the Super synth song Sep ways (which he never played synths or sings backup on either) is a pretty awkward.

It was awkward. The back-up keyboardist/guitarist was doing more with those songs than Gregg. A waste of the talents of Mr. Rolie for sure.
Lora
8 Track

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:26 am

I may have missed it but - I'm pretty sure Marty Frederickson wasn't at the show - but he's still listed on upcoming show posters - anyone know what may have happened or is planning to be on new shows?

thanks
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 am

brandonx76 wrote:I may have missed it but - I'm pretty sure Marty Frederickson wasn't at the show - but he's still listed on upcoming show posters - anyone know what may have happened or is planning to be on new shows?

thanks

https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 984331002/

... After playing two concerts this weekend with Journey Through Time, the guitarist is flying to Nashville to work on new music with producer Marti Frederiksen.

"We have four songs – amazing songs – right now," Schon says. "And they definitely have commercial viability. The story with him is gonna be a Chris Stapleton story because he’s written so many hits for Aerosmith, Foreigner and many, many others. And he has an amazing voice. The second I heard him sing, all the hair on my arms stood up."

They're doing a full album, Schon says, which he's hoping to record while Rolie is off touring with Ringo Starr.

He also has a solo album coming out in August. Titled "Universe," it was recorded with Narada Michael Walden.

"I’m gonna put another band together and go out with that while Gregg is busy and we have to put JTT on hold for a second," Schon says. "I’m gonna stay out there, man. I’m really having fun having my name out there. And I’m finding out that I have so many fans that want to hear so many facets of music that I’ve done throughout the years. And I’ve never really toured by myself with other great musicians."

As for what these solo projects mean for Journey, they'll be back before you know it.

"We’ve already committed to a tour in 2020 with some dates this year," Schon says. "We’re doing a residency in Vegas in October and we have a couple corporate shows and a couple other things before that. But the rest of the year is off."
He's looking forward, in fact, to getting back to Journey when it's time to reconvene...

ON TWIITER RE/ JTT SCHEDULE

Mickey Ryan @MickeyRyan1045
Dude- where’s Nashville?!

NEAL SCHON MUSIC @NealSchonMusic
Coming in summer !
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:00 am

tater1977 wrote:
brandonx76 wrote:I may have missed it but - I'm pretty sure Marty Frederickson wasn't at the show - but he's still listed on upcoming show posters - anyone know what may have happened or is planning to be on new shows?

thanks

https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 984331002/

... After playing two concerts this weekend with Journey Through Time, the guitarist is flying to Nashville to work on new music with producer Marti Frederiksen.

"We have four songs – amazing songs – right now," Schon says. "And they definitely have commercial viability. The story with him is gonna be a Chris Stapleton story because he’s written so many hits for Aerosmith, Foreigner and many, many others. And he has an amazing voice. The second I heard him sing, all the hair on my arms stood up."

They're doing a full album, Schon says, which he's hoping to record while Rolie is off touring with Ringo Starr.

He also has a solo album coming out in August. Titled "Universe," it was recorded with Narada Michael Walden.

"I’m gonna put another band together and go out with that while Gregg is busy and we have to put JTT on hold for a second," Schon says. "I’m gonna stay out there, man. I’m really having fun having my name out there. And I’m finding out that I have so many fans that want to hear so many facets of music that I’ve done throughout the years. And I’ve never really toured by myself with other great musicians."

As for what these solo projects mean for Journey, they'll be back before you know it.

"We’ve already committed to a tour in 2020 with some dates this year," Schon says. "We’re doing a residency in Vegas in October and we have a couple corporate shows and a couple other things before that. But the rest of the year is off."
He's looking forward, in fact, to getting back to Journey when it's time to reconvene...

ON TWIITER RE/ JTT SCHEDULE

Mickey Ryan @MickeyRyan1045
Dude- where’s Nashville?!

Coming in summer !

Cool, great news! So...wasn't at the recent shows tho right? Was he ill?
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Phoeniz - 3/1/2019

a few songs posted by Deen's wife.

https://www.facebook.com/deidra.witmer/ ... tion=group
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 am

thanks

I noticed that some posters Neal had on social media just listed the trio of Neal, Gregg, and Deen. So who knows?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:18 am

nealschon
And we meet again starting with All the way back to my sophomore year in high school picking me up to go jam to now 2019 brothers and best of friends.
e.JPG
e.JPG (64.37 KiB) Viewed 9242 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:20 pm

ture.JPG
ture.JPG (44.84 KiB) Viewed 9143 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 am

Do you think Gregg just decided not to do Friga's parts?

Lora wrote:
scarab wrote:I do like the Lights/Still they Ride and of course Deen's always awesome Mother Father, but seeing Rolie up there during DSB and even more so during the Super synth song Sep ways (which he never played synths or sings backup on either) is a pretty awkward.

It was awkward. The back-up keyboardist/guitarist was doing more with those songs than Gregg. A waste of the talents of Mr. Rolie for sure.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:09 pm

tater1977 wrote:They're doing a full album, Schon says, which he's hoping to record while Rolie is off touring with Ringo Starr.

Does this mean Gregg Rolie won't be on the album? I am confused.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Hollywood » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Aaron wrote:Do you think Gregg just decided not to do Friga's parts?

Lora wrote:

I don’t think it has to do with Cain. Gregg isn’t playing anything but organ. Piano on Feeling that way and just the same way was played by Chris Collins as was all the keyboard solos from the first three records.
"We Were Born To Be Loved'"
Hollywood
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:03 am

JourneyHard wrote:
tater1977 wrote:They're doing a full album, Schon says, which he's hoping to record while Rolie is off touring with Ringo Starr.

I took it to mean "off from touring."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Deen Castronovo
@DeenTheDrummer

Myself, @NealSchonMusic Marti Fredricksen and @ironmikesavoia in the studio laying down some amazing music for NSJTT! @CasaMendoza2012 just finished up and is heading back to LA! The possibilities are limitless with this band!
D1F6KbEXcAEuQhF.jpg
D1F6KbEXcAEuQhF.jpg (247.02 KiB) Viewed 8829 times
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:

I took it to mean "off from touring."

Oh. Okay. The way Neal worded that was confusing. It could mean opposite things. But I hope he means when Gregg is not touring.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Aretha Franklin ?

Postby Arkansas » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:53 am

Well timed studio pic above. Isn't that Aretha Franklin in the background? Anyone catch any of the CBS tribute concert just last night?

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:38 pm

I guess in hindsight this Schon solo project was sort of a test run for JTT. Video is still horrible, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSvYjm5qb-k
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I guess in hindsight this Schon solo project was sort of a test run for JTT. Video is still horrible, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSvYjm5qb-k

The worst. Also sort of wondering why Ross isn't on JTT.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:12 am

I think if Ross was there they might as well call it "Journey" :D
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:52 pm

FamilyMan wrote: Also sort of wondering why Ross isn't on JTT.

I think JTT is about being creative.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 pm

FamilyMan wrote:The worst. Also sort of wondering why Ross isn't on JTT.

Neal has already mentioned on social media that (paraphrasing here) Ross is no help. Pretty sure that Ross, like Cain, is content with doing dirty dozen summer tours. The fact that Schon does Ross's bass parts on some albums pretty much says it all.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Neal should never be bored. Think about it. He can do so many different styles of music. He can play the blues, Latin music, Fusion Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock and more. Now that I think about it, I think he gets almost all of these into the Journey Through Time concert. I can't wait to see them play this summer.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:24 pm

JTT still have not posted a full touring schedule, right? No Ohio dates yet, right?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Are they waiting until May to announce the shows? Maybe they are waiting for Gregg's tour with Ringo to be over.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby tater1977 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Mark S

@NealSchonMusic are there still plans to release the Journey Through Time benefit concert from last year on DVD? Love & Respect from the UK.

Yes very soon
27 Apr 2019
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 01, 2019 12:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0eUyI2kXs4

Neal has been releasing more great JTT footage. The hug at the end of this clip speaks to the brotherhood between Neal and Deen.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby PianoMan1986 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:10 pm

So we're almost at the middle of May, videos have been posted online, a label/site/augmented reality launched...yet no further discussion or mention of a JTT tour. Do we just need to wait longer, or have to accept the DVD once it's (supposedly) released (soon)?
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby scarab » Wed May 15, 2019 2:38 am

Unless Rolie is not part of Ringo's band (Which I am sure would be much more lucrative) I am thinking this may not happen.
Ringo's last show was over a month ago, but he starts back up Aug 1.

http://www.ringostarr.com/tour

So unless dates dont come soon they are only going to have a month or so window.
So even if they do tour its only going to be a handful of dates.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 am

Hope they release the audio too
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 am

PianoMan1986 wrote:So we're almost at the middle of May, videos have been posted online, a label/site/augmented reality launched...yet no further discussion or mention of a JTT tour. Do we just need to wait longer, or have to accept the DVD once it's (supposedly) released (soon)?

Right now it's looking like another Schon pipe dream.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Journey