Toto Fall 2019 Tour

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Toto Fall 2019 Tour

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:21 am

Saw the dates...I'm sure I'll end up going, but I'm wondering if the setlist will be markedly different than what they played last year? It's still part of the "40 Trips" branding, so I'm wondering if it will be basically the same set.

I can't believe I'm even on the fence, given how difficult it used to be to see Toto, but somehow this is going to be their third gig in Nashville in four years(!), after exactly one gig in the previous 35, but the professional/money situation around here isn't great at the moment, so I'm hesitating and considering putting it off until the fall and just trying to grab a last-minute ticket in the fall.

Has the band or anyone else commented on this? Of course the show last year was great, but they have so many songs it'd be great if it was a completely new set (aside from the big hits they have to play, obviously)
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Re: Toto Fall 2019 Tour

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 am

They were so good last year that I would go even if they only changed up 4 or 5 songs from the setlist I saw.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby RonaldDupris » Mon May 06, 2019 5:43 am

Hope Dave comes back for the US tour :) I really miss him!
RonaldDupris
Fresh Air

Postby Andrew » Mon May 06, 2019 2:09 pm

RonaldDupris wrote:Hope Dave comes back for the US tour :) I really miss him!

He won't be.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby RonaldDupris » Mon May 06, 2019 10:50 pm

:(

I know I'm not supposed to know the information but since Bobby Kimball let it out in that drunken interview earlier this year, it's so sad. I just hope Dave is ok and bounces back.
RonaldDupris
Fresh Air

Postby RumTumJM » Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 am

RonaldDupris wrote::(

I know I'm not supposed to know the information but since Bobby Kimball let it out in that drunken interview earlier this year, it's so sad. I just hope Dave is ok and bounces back.

Are you talking about that NAMM interview, from earlier this year? The one, clearly, taken outside?

I must say, based upon what I've heard, there's STILL a bit more to the story.

But, I agree. It wasn't his place to comment or divulge information.
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Postby Andrew » Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm

What did Kimball say about Dave? I don't recall that bit - or maybe I turned off due to the incoherent ramblings...
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Morten » Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Andrew wrote:What did Kimball say about Dave? I don't recall that bit - or maybe I turned off due to the incoherent ramblings...

He said that Paich's absence is due to his diabetes.
Morten
Radio Waves

Postby Andrew » Wed May 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Morten wrote:
Andrew wrote:What did Kimball say about Dave? I don't recall that bit - or maybe I turned off due to the incoherent ramblings...

He said that Paich's absence is due to his diabetes.

Ah, ok. Yeah and nah...but he wouldn't know anyway.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 am

RumTumJM wrote:But, I agree. It wasn't his place to comment or divulge information.

According to someone in the know, Bobby now suffers from dementia (in addition to being mostly deaf). Would explain alot.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby RumTumJM » Thu May 09, 2019 3:44 am

A few of you have messaged me about what I know. So, I figure I'll just address it here.

Now, I'm not gonna give details, as I don't think it's my place. BUT...

Since I work in the radio industry, in NYC, I got to see and speak to Luke, when he was promoting his book. I asked him about Dave, & I was surprised at the detailed info he gave me. All I will say is that while it seems like a PR, humor-the-fans response, I really do believe that "personal issues" describes his situation nicely.

With that said, I will add that Luke made it VERY CLEAR that it has NOTHING to do with alcohol or drugs. (I figure it doesn't hurt/betray anyone to clarify that. Many will wonder that type of stuff, etc.)
Last edited by RumTumJM on Fri May 10, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Postby RonaldDupris » Fri May 10, 2019 12:44 am

Thank you for sharing that. To be honest, even before Dave left last year, I got the impression something wasn't quite right. I remember Dave and Luke did that video on the making of Rosanna around April 2018 (a few months before Dave left) and Dave looked almost unrecognizable. He lost a huge amount of weight. I think that video has been pulled from Youtube now but I remember thinking at the time, wow Dave doesn't look well.

David Paich is my favorite musician of all time. Please reach out to me in PM if you can tell me anything in the future.
RonaldDupris
Fresh Air

Return to Toto