More on livestream DVD...

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

More on livestream DVD...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:14 am

SL: "We did a live DVD that’s coming out in the summer that introduces the new band playing Toto music. There’s a companion piece with Paich, me and Joe, and all of the new guys, that explains why we’re doing it and why we’re carrying it on. There’s a live performance of the band without an audience or any of the bells and whistles. We’re all in a rehearsal room really. And it came out great. "

How awesome would it be if there were 3 or 4 more cuts that didn't air? I'll buy it either way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimryan1/2 ... 946637bb8d
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15053
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby r@y » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:33 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:SL: "We did a live DVD that’s coming out in the summer that introduces the new band playing Toto music. There’s a companion piece with Paich, me and Joe, and all of the new guys, that explains why we’re doing it and why we’re carrying it on. There’s a live performance of the band without an audience or any of the bells and whistles. We’re all in a rehearsal room really. And it came out great. "

How awesome would it be if there were 3 or 4 more cuts that didn't air? I'll buy it either way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimryan1/2 ... 946637bb8d


Yeah, I'd pay for anything Luke and his new band puts out. Yes, I said Luke and his band. Let's face it, there is no more TOTO, it is what it is. I'm thankful for the music.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:34 am

Curiosity about the new lineup made me spring for the livestream, one of the few I've been motivated to watch during the past year. They were good, the drummer especially is a beast, but watching a band play at an SIR rehearsal space with no audience isn't really something I'd need to watch more than once. Not really sure this thing deserves its own release other than maybe a bonus feature. Just awkward without the crowd.
-Steve C.
User avatar
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1485
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:13 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:18 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:Curiosity about the new lineup made me spring for the livestream, one of the few I've been motivated to watch during the past year. They were good, the drummer especially is a beast, but watching a band play at an SIR rehearsal space with no audience isn't really something I'd need to watch more than once. Not really sure this thing deserves its own release other than maybe a bonus feature. Just awkward without the crowd.


As good as it was, I was surprised that they were doing an official release of it as well.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15053
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby r@y » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Wait...hang on....and pardon the silly question, but....this is the same livestream show aired back in November ? Or is Luke talking about a new one they recorded ? I mean he didn't reference the livestream show.....sure its not something new they filmed ?
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 pm

r@y wrote:Wait...hang on....and pardon the silly question, but....this is the same livestream show aired back in November ? Or is Luke talking about a new one they recorded ? I mean he didn't reference the livestream show.....sure its not something new they filmed ?


This Luke quote (from another interview) may help clarify things....

"We put together a new band, with some new rhythm section guys, and we did a livestream in November, playing the old TOTO stuff and seeing how people would react to it. The reaction was incredible. So now we’re going to put it out as a DVD this summer, with a companion DVD explaining why we’re doing all this. David Paich is in it. And since Joe (Williams) and I played on and worked on each other’s record and David did too, there’s a hint of TOTO in all that."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15053
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby r@y » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:16 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
r@y wrote:Wait...hang on....and pardon the silly question, but....this is the same livestream show aired back in November ? Or is Luke talking about a new one they recorded ? I mean he didn't reference the livestream show.....sure its not something new they filmed ?


This Luke quote (from another interview) may help clarify things....

"We put together a new band, with some new rhythm section guys, and we did a livestream in November, playing the old TOTO stuff and seeing how people would react to it. The reaction was incredible. So now we’re going to put it out as a DVD this summer, with a companion DVD explaining why we’re doing all this. David Paich is in it. And since Joe (Williams) and I played on and worked on each other’s record and David did too, there’s a hint of TOTO in all that."


Thanks...alright, so it is the same show then. Well....I would watch again, maybe with some bonus extra tracks and some insight from Paich himself on this (that's not been heard before by Luke in his interviews) ? But that's probably wishful thinking I guess... :P
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby brandonx76 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:49 am

Yeah I don't....think I saw anything about additional tracks mentioned from the band or Luke? So I wouldn't bet on that. "You are the Flower" was still the most memorable moment for me...that was incredible funky and tight.
User avatar
brandonx76
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 11:16 am
Location: Beyond the Sun

Re: More on livestream DVD...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 am

brandonx76 wrote:Yeah I don't....think I saw anything about additional tracks mentioned from the band or Luke? So I wouldn't bet on that. "You are the Flower" was still the most memorable moment for me...that was incredible funky and tight.


Agreed. Classy move by Joe to give Bobby some props.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15053
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca


Return to Toto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests