Luke New Solo Album

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Luke New Solo Album

Postby r@y » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:59 am

From Trev's online posts lately seems like Luke is on to his next solo record, working with Joe and Trev co-producing on some tracks.

Seems he also has Simon on drums as well on the record.

Thanks to Trev, we get to know all this info....its a shame Luke decided to go on an online hiatus. Would have been cool to keep fans posted on what he's up to like how he always used to :(

Oh well....just listening to clips posted by Trev, seems like a more rock tone to the record. And the one Simon played on really sounds cool as well. I'm excited either way.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Re: Luke New Solo Album

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Luke tells me its a bigger production record after the last loose and live one.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby r@y » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:32 am

Andrew wrote:Luke tells me its a bigger production record after the last loose and live one.

Yep definitely sounds it as well.....looking forward to that one.....
r@y
LP

Postby tedpruitt » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:05 am

Andrew wrote:Luke tells me its a bigger production record after the last loose and live one.

If Trev brings his modern production sensibilities to this - it could be stellar. I think CJ did a great job for the band and Luke initially, but after awhile, much like Kevin Shirley with Journey, every album started sounding the same. Looking forward to it - and to hearing Trev's new project.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby r@y » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:58 pm

Lee Sklar also said he played on 3 tracks of the new record.
r@y
LP

Postby Sundet » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Any news from Joseph Williams as regards a solo project? I've always been a big fan of his solo stuff, and especially his songwriting (in other words, I didn't really care about the piano ballads records). I think he always manages to come up with some absolute classics on his solo records (Dirty Little War, Givin' Up on You, One Imperfect Heart, This Fall, World Broken), and he's got great ears as a producer. Would love to see him do another record. Another tandem release with Luke would be great.
Sundet
45 RPM

Return to Toto