New David Paich Solo Album

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

New David Paich Solo Album

Postby LtVanish » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:48 am

I'm real excited to hear this album! Its available to preorder now, its due out Aug 19th

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B28 ... UTF8&psc=1

First single is released as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPvFke ... QIEgkbenkQ
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Re: New David Paich Solo Album

Postby Franky » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:59 pm

:o Fantastic - I love it!
Franky
Ol' 78

Postby r@y » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 am

Love the newly released track. Luke plays on it, Mike McD on BG vocals.....very Toto-esque

Joe co-produce, Luke on 3 tracks (including 1 together with Don Folder)....solo releases from these guys with all 3 involved in each others records is about the closest Toto we can get from now on.....

Enjoy whatever we can get....
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby Onestepper » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:34 am

The first couple of tracks released just sound great. Can't wait for the whole album to drop.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby yulog » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:39 am

7 songs
2 instrumentals
1 song redone (sounded better in the original)
1 song "will i belong to you" Joe sings the chorus (good song)
1 song Spirit Of The Moonrise (good song)
Other 2 songs = so-so
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby JohnH » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:23 am

I just got it on CD and listened today . Excellent . Only criticism is I wish there wasn't a repeat song.

How come the vocals sound so weird on it also ( on All the tears that Shine)?

His vocals sound normal on the rest but this one sounds like a slowed down tape.

The XIV version didn't sound like that.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby r@y » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 am

JohnH wrote:I just got it on CD and listened today . Excellent . Only criticism is I wish there wasn't a repeat song.

How come the vocals sound so weird on it also ( on All the tears that Shine)?

His vocals sound normal on the rest but this one sounds like a slowed down tape.

The XIV version didn't sound like that.

Because it wasn't Paich. It was the demo of the song by the other co-writer of the track, Mike Sherwood. Can't remember if it was Mike or his brother, Billy, singing on that demo.

I thought the vocals were rough, but musically, the demo sounds pretty neat too.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby JohnH » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:24 pm

Thanks , now that makes sense .
JohnH
8 Track

Postby Sundet » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:37 pm

All the Tears that Shine was indeed sung by Mike Sherwood, who also sang a few tunes on Steve Porcaro's solo album.

The Sherwoods (Mike and Billy) go way back with Paich and Steve Porcaro, who produced an album for them back in 1985/86 (Nomadic Sands by Lodgic). I think Mike Sherwood sang backgrounds on Lea off of the Fahrenheit record, recorded right around that time. Lodgic also comprised Jimmy Haun and Guy Allison - Haun would later work on Yes' Union album alongside Steve Porcaro and Allison joined the group World Trade, which also featured Billy Shrerwood and Joseph Williams' brother Mark Towner. Billy Sherwood and Mark T. Williams then toured with Steve Porcaro in Chris Squire's band in 1992, when Billy Sherwood also co-wrote The Other Side with Paich for the Kingdom of Desire album. Right around that time Steve Lukather hooked up with engineer Tom Fletcher, who had worked with the Sherwoods since their early days in Las Vegas, and had him co-produce Candyman and FOH engineer the subsequent tour.

Mike Sherwood recorded and toured with Air Supply in the early 1990s (Mark T. Williams joined Air Supply cirka 1993), before releasing a solo album, Tangletown, in 1998: https://michaelsherwood.bandcamp.com/album/tangletown. There are a few real good songs on there.

Unfortunately Mike Sherwood passed away a couple of years back, so including his demo vocals on his album was a kind of homage from Paich.
Sundet
45 RPM

Return to Toto