Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Marzdog » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:00 pm

Apparently the set list originally listed on setlist.fm was later changed. I simply copied what was there and what's listed below seems to be what was played.
Last edited by Marzdog on Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marzdog
45 RPM
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:05 am
Location: "Somewhere in America" - Survivor

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Sundet » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Strange - Setlist.fm has a different take:

Girl Goodbye
Hold the Line
99
Dying on My Feet
I'll Be Over You
Home of the Brave
With a Little Help (why oh why??)
Rosanna
Africa
Sundet
45 RPM
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:16 pm

Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15866
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Sundet » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 am

Marzdog wrote:Apparently the set list originally listed on setlist.fm was later changed. I simply copied what was there and what's listed below seems to be what was played.


Maybe what was initially posted is going to be the full set for their headline shows.
Sundet
45 RPM
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby JohnH » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:29 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3

Dying is at 15:50. Well that’s a bummer they aren’t letting Greg sing his own parts on that song with that glorious, wonderful voice he has.
JohnH
8 Track
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Whittier, CA, 25 Miles East of LA

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Sundet » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 pm

JohnH wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3

Dying is at 15:50. Well that’s a bummer they aren’t letting Greg sing his own parts on that song with that glorious, wonderful voice he has.


Greg only did BV's on that song with Lukather, didn't he? And he's singing BV's live, although Lukather's not joining the choir. I think he's all but stopped singing backgrounds live. Probably to save his voice for his leads?
Sundet
45 RPM
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Andrew » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3


How good does that sound...fuck I love that song. The drumming!
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 10888
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby JohnH » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:58 am

Sundet wrote:
JohnH wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3

Dying is at 15:50. Well that’s a bummer they aren’t letting Greg sing his own parts on that song with that glorious, wonderful voice he has.


Greg only did BV's on that song with Lukather, didn't he? And he's singing BV's live, although Lukather's not joining the choir. I think he's all but stopped singing backgrounds live. Probably to save his voice for his leads?


Thanks. Well for 18 years my ears have been playing tricks on me. " Life is hard, but I think compared to what " on verse 2 must be Bobby . It just sounds like Greg. The rest of the verse of course is Bobby, but that first part fooled me.
JohnH
8 Track
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Whittier, CA, 25 Miles East of LA

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:15 am

Andrew wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Full show link below. For Dying On My Feet, vocals are split between Warren and Joe.

https://youtu.be/JyP4gZdMEho?si=VvEsBBP_uf3gnxI3


How good does that sound...fuck I love that song. The drumming!


I'm with ya. I hope they keep it in the setlist.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15866
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:17 am

JohnH wrote:

Thanks. Well for 18 years my ears have been playing tricks on me. " Life is hard, but I think compared to what " on verse 2 must be Bobby . It just sounds like Greg. The rest of the verse of course is Bobby, but that first part fooled me.


I believe the entire DOMF lead is Bobby. It's deceptive because it's all done in his mid-range mostly. We are just so used to him being a vocal sharpshooter and screaming.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15866
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby JohnH » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:06 pm

Thanks, yes, per wiki it’s all Bobby. And yes, it’s that lower range voice that threw me off. Love this song too. That’s great it’s in the set. Loved that album and glad Greg is back and Shannon too!
JohnH
8 Track
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Whittier, CA, 25 Miles East of LA

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby Sundet » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:46 pm

Seems as though Greg now does the parts Warren sang on Dying on My Feet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jQmOXuDLU

Sounds like Joe is struggling a bit with his breathing. Granted, the song goes high, but the range isn't really an issue for Joe.
Sundet
45 RPM
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: Biloxi, MS setlist - 2/9/24

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:32 am

Sundet wrote:Seems as though Greg now does the parts Warren sang on Dying on My Feet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jQmOXuDLU

Sounds like Joe is struggling a bit with his breathing. Granted, the song goes high, but the range isn't really an issue for Joe.


Sounds good with Greg or Warren. Thanks for sharing.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD
 
Posts: 15866
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca


Return to Toto

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests