Live release from 40th tour?

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Live release from 40th tour?

Postby artinis1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 am

Just got it, mix is fantastic, wish the setlist were a bit better, really wanted for
the first time a full length live version of I’ll Supply The Love, but overall 8/10,
still hoping they will release something live from ‘82-‘83, that was their commercial peak,
who knows
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am

artinis1 wrote:Just got it, mix is fantastic, wish the setlist were a bit better, really wanted for
the first time a full length live version of I’ll Supply The Love, but overall 8/10,
still hoping they will release something live from ‘82-‘83, that was their commercial peak,
who knows

How can Eagle Rock being selling this dvd already w/out a single trailer?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby r@y » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am

artinis1 wrote:Just got it, mix is fantastic, wish the setlist were a bit better, really wanted for
who knows

I hope so too....

On a different note, the Jeff Porcaro tribute concert by Toto with special guests is available on Spotify. Must have been newly added. Quality pretty decent.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby Sundet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 pm

r@y wrote:
artinis1 wrote:
On a different note, the Jeff Porcaro tribute concert by Toto with special guests is available on Spotify. Must have been newly added. Quality pretty decent.

Interesting. My first thought was that this must be a bootleg, as I would have expected such a release to come with at least some promotional noise from the band organization (although the 40th anniversary DVD apparently does not). Moreover, I would imagine it being an absolute nightmare to sort out the copyright issues that would certainly bedevil a release with so many prominent guest artists. Indeed, I would have thought that these issues alone would be quite prohibitive in terms of actually releasing the concert.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby artinis1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 pm

I can’t play the tribute concert on the US version of Spotify
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:54 am

I wonder what the US legal issues are? Maybe something to do with Dune?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Previous

Return to Toto