Forty Trips DVD Editing

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Forty Trips DVD Editing

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:44 am

I admittedly know nothing about what formal contracts or agreements might exist between the band and Jeff's widow. If there are no agreements the band is clearly breaching, then she can fuck right off.

The fact of the matter is that Jeff had to have, or should have had, at least a decent bit of money by the time he died. Did he have no life insurance at all? I'm sure I make less than Jeff at his peak and I have plenty of life insurance to ensure my family, two kids included, would be fine if I dropped over tomorrow. And he's been dead for 27 years. There are no young kids to worry about supporting, she presumably has plenty of time. She can get off her ass and support herself. Really a shame after all the band has done for Jeff. I'm sure he'd be beside himself if he were here.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Sundet » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:She can get off her ass and support herself.

She is married to a billionaire. This lawsuit isn't primarily about money I think.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 am

Sundet wrote:

She is married to a billionaire. This lawsuit isn't primarily about money I think.

No shit? Wow. I didn't know that. And of course it's about money.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Sundet » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
Sundet wrote:

No shit? Wow. I didn't know that. And of course it's about money.

I said not primarily about money. There are deeper grudges at work here than mere numbers and dollar bills.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:I admittedly know nothing about what formal contracts or agreements might exist between the band and Jeff's widow. If there are no agreements the band is clearly breaching, then she can fuck right off.

The fact of the matter is that Jeff had to have, or should have had, at least a decent bit of money by the time he died. Did he have no life insurance at all? I'm sure I make less than Jeff at his peak and I have plenty of life insurance to ensure my family, two kids included, would be fine if I dropped over tomorrow. And he's been dead for 27 years. There are no young kids to worry about supporting, she presumably has plenty of time. She can get off her ass and support herself. Really a shame after all the band has done for Jeff. I'm sure he'd be beside himself if he were here.

Great post. Luke and the gang have kept Jeff's legacy alive. Fuck this lady.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JohnH » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:02 am

And according to real estate records, she sold the family home she owned w Jeff for 900K in 1993.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:29 am

At 1:41 and 4:25 of Lea, close-ups of SP have him in a T-shirt. All the other shots have him in a blazer. I have to just shake my head at this in disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdi-MDKuPLU
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Sundet » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 am

I must admit to not being overly annoyed by Steve Porcaro cropping up in a t-shirt for a couple of seconds when what we have is a great document of what was just about the last full show Toto did with David Paich (and a fantastic line-up) and one of the best setlists they ever put together.

I can only imagine the amount of work that must have gone into an endeavour such as this dvd, and with Toto being amidst a full-blown world tour I think there was only so much time that could be devoted to it - which was probably not enough to make it t-shirt perfect, but still enough to make it sound out of this world.

If you really want an itch on your back just beyond your reach, have a look at I Won't Hold You Back off of the Live in Paris 1990 dvd...
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:16 am

Sundet wrote:I must admit to not being overly annoyed by Steve Porcaro cropping up in a t-shirt for a couple of seconds when what we have is a great document of what was just about the last full show Toto did with David Paich (and a fantastic line-up) and one of the best setlists they ever put together.

I can only imagine the amount of work that must have gone into an endeavour such as this dvd, and with Toto being amidst a full-blown world tour I think there was only so much time that could be devoted to it - which was probably not enough to make it t-shirt perfect, but still enough to make it sound out of this world.

If you really want an itch on your back just beyond your reach, have a look at I Won't Hold You Back off of the Live in Paris 1990 dvd...

Luke himself said he will never watch it again. If he is angry with the result, I think fans should be also. The continuity errors are all over the place.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Previous

Return to Toto