Toto - Peoria

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Toto - Peoria

Postby tedpruitt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:29 am

Just curious if anyone from MR is going?
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Re: Toto - Peoria

Postby LtVanish » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh man sorry I didn't see this till now, but I was at the Peoria show. I really enjoyed it. I think they were dragging in the tempo a little bit for the first few songs, maybe it was just me. Overall great set list, I was happy to see "Jake to the Bone" really got a good reaction from the crowd, and I think the band really fed off of that, and really started to kill it after that. The highlight of the night for me was seeing "Theme from Dune" played, such a cool song live. Joseph Williams vocals last night were the best I have ever heard from him in the many times I have seen them, he really was spot on and sounded great. I hope if Toto ever reforms that they bring back Warren Ham also, he really brings a lot to the band and can do so many things, I was really impressed.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:07 am

I imagine Shannon is on a click, so the tempos are probably the same every night.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby tedpruitt » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:49 am

Sorry I missed meeting you. The band were incredibly gracious. Soundcheck was a little subdued - especially for Luke. I got the impression that the lawsuit is weighing on him - we were even told before we went in that they have signed a non-disclosure and to not mention or ask them any questions regarding it.

Not sure about the click - it may not have been the tempo, but just the initial atmosphere. Folks were slow to get up from their seats. But by the 3rd song or so, the crowd was into it and that brought the band up, I think.

I have to say that Xavier won me over, big time. Beyond his renditions of the classics, his solo easily rivaled something Paich would have rolled out. And I'm a BIG Paich fan (of COURSE I wished he could've been there - but Xavier is a worthy substitute.) His energy (he's the youngest up there @ 27) I think brought everyone else up - Luke was joking around with him on stage most of the night and I'm pretty sure that Joe was trying to have a "dance-off" with him... it was a great show and worth every penny.

I enjoyed it immensely. Got my "Gospel" book signed and we were able to spend additional time with them after the show before they got on the bus. They didn't need to do that at all -- but every one of them took the time to speak with everyone who waited and signed anything they wanted signed. Patient, gracious and class acts - every one.

There aren't many dates left - but if you have any opportunity - see them while you can. Musicians of this caliber are a dying breed - both figuratively and literally.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Return to Toto