TOTO-related releases to look forward to...

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

TOTO-related releases to look forward to...

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 am

With TOTO on an indefinite break, here's a list of TOTO-related releases for fans to look forward to. Feel free to add anything I missed. I know Steve P. mentioned another album at some point also.

CWF 2 (Champlin, Williams, Friestedt) - Preorders available. Release date uncertain.

ZFG debut album (Featuring Trev Lukather, Sam Porcaro, and guest spots by Perry and Paich) - being mixed.

New Luke Solo Album - in progress.

New Joseph Williams Solo Album - Status unknown. Joe has mentioned it on social media.

Bobby Kimball All I Ever Needed 2.0- in progress according to producer John Zaika. Will be comprised of alternate Kimball/Mickey Thomas vocal takes
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: TOTO-related releases to look forward to...

Postby JohnH » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks !
JohnH
8 Track

Postby r@y » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:37 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:With TOTO on an indefinite break, here's a list of TOTO-related releases for fans to look forward to. Feel free to add anything I missed. I know Steve P. mentioned another album at some point also.

CWF 2 (Champlin, Williams, Friestedt) - Preorders available. Release date uncertain.

ZFG debut album (Featuring Trev Lukather, Sam Porcaro, and guest spots by Perry and Paich) - being mixed.

New Luke Solo Album - in progress.

New Joseph Williams Solo Album - Status unknown. Joe has mentioned it on social media.

Bobby Kimball All I Ever Needed 2.0- in progress according to producer John Zaika. Will be comprised of alternate Kimball/Mickey Thomas vocal takes

Thanks, bud. A little surprised Luke doesn't appear on his boy's debut record.

I really am looking forward to Luke's next. With Paich being a part of that throughout, will be almost like Toto 2.0...lol
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 am

How involved is Paich? Just guesting on a song or two or keyboard player for the whole thing?

If the legalities around the band name get sorted out before it's finished, I wonder if it'd potentially be 'converted' to a Toto album, like how Lindsey Buckingham's solo albums kept getting turned into Fleetwood Mac LP's. I know it's a long shot, but it's not like there's a huge bridge between Kingdom Of Desire/Tambu and a Luke solo album.

Doesn't matter to me, I'll be excited either way, I just know far more people would know of it and actually get to hear it if Paich and Joe were heavily involved and it came out as a Toto record.

But again, Dave may have just shown up at the studio for a day or two to play some keys, I have no idea.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Sat May 23, 2020 7:42 pm

Apparently Joe Williams has recorded so much material that he is looking at two solo release, a volume 1 and volume 2. Really looking forward to his solo album(s). The thing he does with Friestedt and Champlin doesn't really do much for me. As much as I adore his voice, it's his incredible songwriting that stands out to my ears, and there's none of that on the Friestedt albums.

I also wish he'd get around to finish the album he did with his brother Mark cirka 1990. It wasn't the best of times for Joseph Williams personally (or perhaps vocally), but they wrote some incredible songs during those sessions. Obviously they've used some of them for their respective solo projects, but I'd really like to hear them do these songs together. I think they were looking at naming their project Bond.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby r@y » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 am

New single + video coming from Luke August 20th !
r@y
LP

Postby Sundet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:00 am

Joe Williams' record is finished too. It's titled "Denizen Tenant". Teasers and videos "coming soon".

Lukather has apparently said somewhere that if you want a new Toto record, you can basically play his and Joe's albums on shuffle.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:15 am

Both Luke and Joe’s albums might be released on the same day. Both are now signed to Mascott.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm

I think people will be surprised by the Luke single. Ringo is on there as is Joe, its a very retro pop "up" kinda song.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:32 am

I'm so excited for this Luke record.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby St.George » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am

St.George
Ol' 78

Postby r@y » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:20 pm

St.George wrote:https://open.spotify.com/album/06G7DIOaf5HBYN4olNefve?si=WZZiDsfbSoyzlrEO1p62gg

New Luke’s

...Supermeh! :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OXYe-1vdI

Really ? I thought it was pretty cool, stripped down, easy.....nice little vocal by Joe too. And I dig the simple melodic solo.....for a change.

Short song....
r@y
LP

Postby Onestepper » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:02 am

Me likey.

Great hook and bridge work.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Well it certainly contrasts with Lukather's declaration made during Toto's 1991 tour: "We're through writing pop songs".

I think it's pretty nice. Some very nice vocal work and arrangements by Joseph Williams.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby Onestepper » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:16 am

Here's the official video. Looks like they had some fun making it covid style.

https://youtu.be/mvbHYmh7VYY
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Return to Toto