German article confirms Bobby has dementia

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

German article confirms Bobby has dementia

Postby RonaldDupris » Fri May 22, 2020 8:25 am

From November 2019

https://www.rockantenne.de/musik/musik- ... z-erkrankt

When translated:

A goosebumps evening with a sad note - this is how the Mandoki Soulmates concert on Thursday in the Rock City Munich can be summarized. For over three and a half hours, the all-star group led by drummer and producer legend Leslie Mandoki rocked the stage in the Circus Krone, but the main topic afterwards was probably Bobby Kimball.

The TOTO founding member and singer of legendary hits like "Africa" ​​and "Rosanna" has dementia. Already after the first song in the Soulmates set , the front man was led off the stage and only came back for the last hits of the concert, although he was obviously not at it and often missed his assignment.

Leslie Mandoki finally explained to the audience: "We are slowly losing him". The audience reacted splendidly and celebrated the show with other greats like Tony Carey (Rainbow), Jesse Siebenberg (Supertramp) and Chris Thompson (Manfred Mann's Earth Band) with standing ovations. Mandoki revealed that Kimball is mostly "absolutely fit" and completely old, but "sometimes the disease strikes brutally."

We think it's strong that the musicians support Bobby Kimball so much and wish him all the best!
RonaldDupris
Ol' 78

Re: German article confirms Bobby has dementia

Postby Andrew » Sat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Very sad.

Here he isn't singing a note until a scream near the end https://youtu.be/rnf3gsUCJgs
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Sundet » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm

So the guy clearly suffers from dementia and it is even acknowledged from the stage.

Then why the farke did they drag him out on stage (let alone on tour!) in the first place??
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 am

I think given the confirmed diagnosis people need to just lay off. Have a heart. These forums has been host to all sorts of speculation including rumors of cocaine relapse. In hindsight, this was unnecessary and cruel. I include myself in this btw.

"We're Not In Kanasas Anymore" will probably be BK's final recording. It's a great album. Pick it up and enjoy.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby TotoStu » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Dementia is fucking evil. I've dealt with it first hand. It's truly heart breaking.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Return to Toto