Bill Champlin - New Album Out Today

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Bill Champlin - New Album Out Today

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 am

4 tracks in. Really strong. Ordered.

Obviously not TOTO related - but given Bill's relationships with Joseph, Bobby etc. - I figured it was worth a post.

https://www.billchamplin.com/product-pa ... l-champlin
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Bill Champlin - New Album Out Today

Postby r@y » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:32 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:4 tracks in. Really strong. Ordered.

Obviously not TOTO related - but given Bill's relationships with Joseph, Bobby etc. - I figured it was worth a post.

Very cool....listening to them on Spotify. And.....not bad at all. Gotta admit....just sonically, this sounds nicer than Luke's 3 tracks so far. Hey, just me....and just based on the sound and production.

Nice mix of different kind of tracks. I like it.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:48 pm

r@y wrote:

Very cool....listening to them on Spotify. And.....not bad at all. Gotta admit....just sonically, this sounds nicer than Luke's 3 tracks so far. Hey, just me....and just based on the sound and production.

I ended up ordering the hard copy and digital version. Reminds me of Bobby's last solo album. Good mix of blues, west coast pop, funk, and some heartfelt Chicago-esque ballads. Also Lenny plays on it. It's killer.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby r@y » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:41 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
r@y wrote:

I ended up ordering the hard copy and digital version. Reminds me of Bobby's last solo album. Good mix of blues, west coast pop, funk, and some heartfelt Chicago-esque ballads. Also Lenny plays on it. It's killer.

Yeah, and I also think Steve Porcaro, Vinnie C and ex bandmate Jason Scheff is on it too. I'm definitely digging it.
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby Abitaman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:16 am

Would really like Bill and Jason to form a group together. New songs, plus solo, side projects and Chicago. Make for a good show.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Sundet » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Trivia facts:

Steve Porcaro was lined up to tour with Bill Champlin in the spring of 1996 (in support of the He Started to Sing album) but had to bail, apparently because he got too busy working on the Metro soundtrack. Obviously the two had toured together in Jay Graydon's band in 1994 and Graydon had embarked on another tour in the winter of 1996. Neither Porcaro nor Champlin were part of that line-up, but in return Joseph Williams was very much involved. As it happened, Champlin and Jason Scheff were in Scandinavia doing promotion for Chicago when the Graydon tour hit that region in February and sat in to play Pamela in Stockholm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5e_0xEAeyE.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:09 am

Sundet wrote:Trivia facts:

Steve Porcaro was lined up to tour with Bill Champlin in the spring of 1996 (in support of the He Started to Sing album) but had to bail, apparently because he got too busy working on the Metro soundtrack. Obviously the two had toured together in Jay Graydon's band in 1994 and Graydon had embarked on another tour in the winter of 1996. Neither Porcaro nor Champlin were part of that line-up, but in return Joseph Williams was very much involved. As it happened, Champlin and Jason Scheff were in Scandinavia doing promotion for Chicago when the Graydon tour hit that region in February and sat in to play Pamela in Stockholm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5e_0xEAeyE.

Interesting. Thanks! Still lovin Bill's album. Really a strong release.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Abitaman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:28 am

Finally got around to listening to the CD today, not bad at all. I am a big Bill Chapman fan and have all of his solo CDs stuff in Chicago sons of Chapman and can't remember the name of the group but stuff he did with Joseph Williams of Toto. This is pretty good better than his last album he did
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Morten » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:58 am

Abitaman wrote:I am a big Bill Chapman fan

Um, that's Champlin. Bill Champlin.
Morten
Radio Waves

Return to Toto