You Are The Flower + New Luke commentary

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

You Are The Flower + New Luke commentary

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 28, 2021 10:43 pm

Video released from livestream to promote upcoming DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvE5NBX9HGo

Somebody on FB made a comment about Luke & Bobby's relationship and Luke posted the following:

"Bobby and I are more than fine, I love the man. There WAS a time we were not speaking but we buried that hatchet years ago. I only have love and respect for him. He is not well now. I am VERY happy we are cool and the love is still there. He was one of the best ever....As for Shem. I wish to never hear that name again. You guys have no idea! I am not gonna waste my time going over it but he would fit great in a band with Byron. Thats all I gotta say."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: You Are The Flower + New Luke commentary

Postby r@y » Mon May 31, 2021 1:45 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Video released from livestream to promote upcoming DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvE5NBX9HGo

Somebody on FB made a comment about Luke & Bobby's relationship and Luke posted the following:

"Bobby and I are more than fine, I love the man. There WAS a time we were not speaking but we buried that hatchet years ago. I only have love and respect for him. He is not well now. I am VERY happy we are cool and the love is still there. He was one of the best ever....As for Shem. I wish to never hear that name again. You guys have no idea! I am not gonna waste my time going over it but he would fit great in a band with Byron. Thats all I gotta say."

Yeah...about Shem....Luke in his interview with Eddie Gantz on the Yacht Rock podcast, he just didn't want to talk about Shem....except to imply it was just unpleasant...lol..
In the land of the pigs, the butcher is King..!
r@y
LP

Postby Sundet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:26 pm

What happened between Lukather and Shem? Clash of egos?
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby JohnH » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:43 pm

Someone that knows says Shem always gets Into it with every band he joins. Too bad I loved him in the band.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:26 am

That's a bummer. Good bass player, obviously, but seemed like a major asset vocally and had good stage presence.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:50 pm

JohnH wrote:Someone that knows says Shem always gets Into it with every band he joins. Too bad I loved him in the band.

I still don't quite get where it all went wrong between Shem and Lukather. Was it something Shem did or said? Didn't he confine himself to the rule as support member of the band?
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby JohnH » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 am

I’m going to guess it’s an ego thing. Or somebody played too loud, and it’s been mentioned that Shem’s mic was taken away partway through the tour also. Or some kind of money or power issue. It’s always the same stuff. And there is bus life too where things can go wrong.
JohnH
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 pm

JohnH wrote:I’m going to guess it’s an ego thing. Or somebody played too loud, and it’s been mentioned that Shem’s mic was taken away partway through the tour also. Or some kind of money or power issue. It’s always the same stuff. And there is bus life too where things can go wrong.

For band continuity, I wish they had just stuck with Sklar after FIB. I realize he's a busy in-demand player tho.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Toto