St Louis

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

St Louis

Postby Onestepper » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:10 am

Attended the show last night, which is the fourth time I've seen the band live. This overall show and performance was by far the best one I've seen. Don't have time for a full review, but I"ll detail some highlights:

The set list was pretty much the same, except they substituted "Pamela" for an upbeat funky version of the Beatles "With a Little Help from My Friends". It was masterfully performed and they really looked like they were having fun playing something new for them.

Joe's voice was as good as I've heard it live. He also seemed much more energetic and engaging with the audience. Pretty clear the new bandmates have injected some new life into the band.

They did a mashed up version of Georgy Porgy that really was a lot of fun. The keyboardist Xavier Taplin was credited for the new sound.

Overall the show was great, and the crowd really was in to them. Been awhile since I've been to a show where the crowd was in place and in their seats for the opening band. Both Toto and Journey talked about how great it was to be on the road with the other band.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Return to Toto