Night Ranger in Indy 7-Dec-2017

This Boy Needs To Rock

Moderator: Andrew

Night Ranger in Indy 7-Dec-2017

Postby Aaron » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 am

I saw them again last night in Indy. They had 2 openers that were not well advertised which was a bit of a disappointment due to limiting NR's set list length. Here are some thoughts:

1. The opener was a band called Easthills. They were a nice surpise. Their songs had big guitars and lots of vocal harmonies. I liked it. http://theeasthills.com/

2. Next up was Lita Ford. That was a bit of pain. I hadn't listened to anything from Ford in years and the material has not held up to the test of time IMO. The lead guitar player was the highlight of their show. A great guitar player and the best vocalist in that band. Ford sounded just as good as she always has, it's just not my cup of tea. If you like her stuff it sounds the same.

3. Night Ranger put on a killer set again. They opened with Somehow Someway, rolled right into Four In The Morning, and from there Sing Me Away. They sounded great and put on a killer show to open.

4. The mix was really good but the sound quality wasn't so good. I think the PA in the arena was not up to the task.

5. They ended up playing 4 covers including School's Out, Crazy Train, Coming of Age and High Enough. This was the biggest disappointment of the show. The set list is basically the same one I've seen since 2012 or so. The Chicago 2016 set list was spot on so I know they can do it. This list a disappointment.

6. I think their missing a real opportunity not playing their own material and not playing more new material from their latest records. Their new stuff is just as good, if not better than the old stuff. It seems like a big miss on the band's management.

7. Overall the show was great as always. They play well, sing well and have a great time doing it. Keri Kelli is a great player but his look still doesn't fit the band. It's not 1985 any more brother. Gillis rocked, Keagy sounded and played great. It was a great live show.

Here's the set list:

1. Somehow Someway
2. Four in the Morning
3. Sing Me Away
4. Coming of Age
5. The Secret of My Success
6. Sentimental Street
7. Sweet Child O' Mine (snippet)
8. School's Out
9. Crazy Train
10. High Enough
11. Goodbye
12. When You Close Your Eyes
13. Don't Tell Me You Love Me
14. Sister Christian
15. (You Can Still) Rock in America
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Re: Night Ranger in Indy 7-Dec-2017

Postby TageRyche » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:35 am

A 15 song set and they played FOUR covers? Damn, I thought three covers was bad enough but that is just all kinds of wrong.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Re: Night Ranger in Indy 7-Dec-2017

Postby jimbeamblack » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 am

For the love of God I wish they would drop Secret of My Success...that song wasn't even a hit in 1987. The only people that remember that song are the hardcore Night Ranger fans. And I think the hardcore NR fans could think of many other songs that would go over better live than that one...
jimbeamblack
Radio Waves

Return to Night Ranger / Damn Yankees