Hey everybody

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Hey everybody

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 am

I heard Music Time on SiriusXM 80s on 8 today! First time I ever heard that song on the radio!

https://youtu.be/OMFlg8AuYlQ

Hope Styx adds this to the next tour!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: Hey everybody

Postby scarab » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 am

Thanks ChicagoStyx for ruining my like for this band.
Not only does the video suck but this is this worse piece of crap I have ever heard from an AOR band.
I truly tried to make it through the song, thinking, okay. the ultimate cheese is gonna change into a rocking song.
Damn I was wrong.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Time_(song)

"I must have come off as a real dope," said Shaw, "because they were saying 'Just let us shoot it, just so that we can say that we did, but we won't use it', and I was like, 'Hello? I don't think so.' . . . It was kind of childish, but that's how it is in a band." Shaw's most prominent appearance in the video occurs near the end, where he dances alone and waves cheerfully at the rest of the band from a great distance

Dennis mixing Music Time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yM8em2H8Q
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:35 am

scarab wrote:Thanks ChicagoStyx for ruining my like for this band.
Not only does the video suck but this is this worse piece of crap I have ever heard from an AOR band.
I truly tried to make it through the song, thinking, okay. the ultimate cheese is gonna change into a rocking song.
Damn I was wrong.

Can you believe this song made it to #40 on the hot 100?? As far as I know Tommy was already out of the band and this is just the 4 of them. He was in the video for about 2 seconds because of a contract thing. DDY all the way. Meant to be funny opening to the live album i assume.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:56 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Can you believe this song made it to #40 on the hot 100?? As far as I know Tommy was already out of the band and this is just the 4 of them. He was in the video for about 2 seconds because of a contract thing. DDY all the way. Meant to be funny opening to the live album i assume.

It's classic DDY quirky and chessy humor for sure. I remember TS shot his part for the video all by himself and refused to do the head on the platter bit.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx