Dennis DeYoung responds over his "bathwater" comment

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Dennis DeYoung responds over his "bathwater" comment

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:46 am

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4839630509

"One of the first statements from the guys regarding my departure from the band was that I was moving on from the road and passing the baton to Tommy. That was never ever the case and when I read that I went huh! So in this interview I said some fans were willing to believe anything their heroes were saying, I even used the metaphor “drink their bath water”. Some early followers of Tommy’s posts, took offense believing I was personally insulting them. Didn’t mean to, just saying caveat emptor."
StyxGuy
LP

Re: Dennis DeYoung responds over his "bathwater" comment

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:11 pm

StyxGuy wrote:https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1850413461646298&id=303904839630509

"One of the first statements from the guys regarding my departure from the band was that I was moving on from the road and passing the baton to Tommy. That was never ever the case and when I read that I went huh! So in this interview I said some fans were willing to believe anything their heroes were saying, I even used the metaphor “drink their bath water”. Some early followers of Tommy’s posts, took offense believing I was personally insulting them. Didn’t mean to, just saying caveat emptor."

Interesting read,,,,,, also intresting he writes this the night before Tommy’s live album is released.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Ah, previously it wasn't mentioned on which member had the financial problems. Now we know. We also know that DDY committed to JY that once the Kilroy project was over they would back to doing the kinds of things they have always done.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Jodes » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Oh look Froy the COWARD posted about how Andrew was mean to him and he wasn't such a nice guy.. What a tool.. when people make it personal.. then the gloves come off. Like the other tool who openly mocked my mother's dementia.. There is a special place in hell for people like that.

No wonder I don't come here anymore.. man my holidays can't come soon enough.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Boomchild wrote:Ah, previously it wasn't mentioned on which member had the financial problems. Now we know. We also know that DDY committed to JY that once the Kilroy project was over they would back to doing the kinds of things they have always done.

Help me out here...who had said that it was Tommy that had the financial problems again? Yeah.. Need some insurance Boom?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:52 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:Ah, previously it wasn't mentioned on which member had the financial problems. Now we know. We also know that DDY committed to JY that once the Kilroy project was over they would back to doing the kinds of things they have always done.

Help me out here...who had said that it was Tommy that had the financial problems again? Yeah.. Need some insurance Boom?

And just what are you trying to infer by this comment? When the discussion has come up about the tour in '97 I have pointed out that DDY has said that it came about because a member of the band needed money and that is why DDY agreed to do it. Even though they were supposed to be off the road. Up until DDY's current post the person wasn't named. If you think my comments have been otherwise, feel free to go and find a post of mine that proves otherwise.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx