Styx w/Joan Jett & Tesla 07.04.2018 - Toronto [Photos!]

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Styx w/Joan Jett & Tesla 07.04.2018 - Toronto [Photos!]

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Well I'm off to my 11th Styx concert. Tesla I've seen before (I'll probably hang with my friends at the back) and Joan Jett is a first.

Last time they played Toronto, Sass Jordan (Canadian Blues/Rock singer) came and sang Blue Collar Man with them, it was great! Hoping Chuck is with them, apparently he's at nearly every show these days.

Photos here; https://photos.app.goo.gl/UQXkz6qpsojURGXR6
Last edited by StyxGuy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
StyxGuy
LP

Re: Off to see Styx! (July 4, Toronto)

Postby gr8dane » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 pm

I thought of going tonight,but decided against it.
Seen them with Dennis 3 times and probably 5 times without.
Went to see Steely Dan/Doobie Brothers instead, and got a ticket for Chicago/REO Speedwagon ,whom I have never seen before.
Will see The Pursuit of Happiness in a park near me tonight, for free.
Enjoy the show tonight.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 am

It was a blast! Chuck was there and at the end of the show Tommy grabbed a setlist form the stage, I got his attention and he threw it to me!! Also got a JY pick :)

BTW.... people went pretty wild for Mr Roboto... and I've got to admit, it was great to hear live!
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:24 pm

I think it's great that you had a good time. After all, that is really what it is all about.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 am

Boomchild wrote:I think it's great that you had a good time. After all, that is really what it is all about.

Tesla wasn't too bad, and Joan Jett got the crowd amped up, the audience was thrilled for Styx (and of course their hometown boy Gowan!)

I did notice it sound like Tommy and JY both has slight colds, but didn't really affect their singing much. Gone Gone Gone and Radio Silence live were really good too :)

I got a preview of Khedive when Larry came to my hometown on his solo tour back in November ;)
StyxGuy
LP

Return to Styx