You Guys Want To Help Me Out?

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

You Guys Want To Help Me Out?

Postby masque » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:45 am

like alot of folks, I have been so inspired by music and bands I loved my whole life that I became a musician. I have written alot of material over the years and recorded it.

I used to do bands and independent album releases etc. But I am too old and burnt out on that stuff to fool with it anymore. But I do still write and record.

since all of us are hear out of mutual love and admiration for all things styx, then I know I am surrounded by great discerning ears. I would be very honored if you guys could spare a little time and check out some of my original material below in the link.

I'm no world class musician or singer....I'm a guy with sinus issues, a family and a demanding job......so I'm a "wanna-be". I dont think I suck, but my point is that I dont sing like TSD or DDY and I dont play as well as folks like John Petrucci. I'm just a regular dude trying to make music I like for me. I hope you guys dig some of it as well.

Check it out and let me know what you think? Thanks in advance for your time! You may be able to hear some styx influences coming out, along with some other obvious influences.

https://soundcloud.com/masque13
masque
Cassette Tape

Re: You Guys Want To Help Me Out?

Postby scarab » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 am

wow, there is some really good to amazing stuff here.
in walk away didnt expect that high range and the awesome riffs.

You have an unique sound. Usually I can pin down a sound to a band/artist or two, but this is original. (and I was hoping for a little bit of Kansas vibe at start) But I do hear a little bit (minute) of the band The Sign.

seriously some of this is as good, if not better than anything I here on MR front page.

Andrew, get this guy a record deal. :D
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:47 am

scarab wrote:wow, there is some really good to amazing stuff here.
in walk away didnt expect that high range and the awesome riffs.

You have an unique sound. Usually I can pin down a sound to a band/artist or two, but this is original. (and I was hoping for a little bit of Kansas vibe at start) But I do hear a little bit (minute) of the band The Sign.

seriously some of this is as good, if not better than anything I here on MR front page.

Andrew, get this guy a record deal. :D

scarab.....wow! thank you so much for the kind words! i am truly humbled by the things you have said.....i really thank you for taking the time to listen and to comment. I truly appreciate it!
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby FormerDJMike » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Pretty good! I am two songs in so far and diggin' Mother Earth. I assume you play all the instruments? I wish I was that talented. I tried guitar when I was young but just wasn't good at it, other than a few rhythym parts.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby masque » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 am

FormerDJMike wrote:Pretty good! I am two songs in so far and diggin' Mother Earth. I assume you play all the instruments? I wish I was that talented. I tried guitar when I was young but just wasn't good at it, other than a few rhythym parts.

Hey thanks a bunch for the kind words! Yes, I pretty much do everything you hear. I do have a couple of buddies that occasionally "guest appear"....lol one that does some guitar solos from time to time and another that does some additional keyboard work for me.

glad you enjoy!
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:37 am

for any of you that like some of my stuff enough to download etc. I am including a link to an album I have on Bandcamp. It's a name your own price deal, so you can download it for free.....but if you want to donate to the cause that can be done as well, if you want. I am fine either way, I set it up that way.....we all want to get paid, if for no other reason to help pay for the gear in my studio.....but the main thing is that I just want to share my creations with folks who are interested, so it's free for those who want it free!!! enjoy!

https://marksloan1.bandcamp.com/releases
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:10 am

Looking forward to listening when I can find some quality time.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Return to Styx