Styx releasing 12" EP on Record Store Day

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Styx releasing 12" EP on Record Store Day

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:08 am

"The Same Stardust" is the title

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/13683

Two new songs, only available on this translucent blue 180g vinyl LP, plus five live songs from the Styx Fix series.

1. The Same Stardust
2. Age Of Entropia
3. Mr. Roboto (Live In Bossier City, LA February 21, 2020)
4. Radio Silence (Live in Solvesborg, Sweden June 8, 2019)
5. Man In The Wilderness (Live In Grand Rapids, MI August 8, 2018)
6. Miss America (Live In Bossier City, LA February 21 2020)
7. Renegade (Live In Solvesborg, Sweden June 8, 2019)

Post from Styx on FB

We’re excited to announce ‘The Same Stardust EP’, available exclusively at indie record stores starting June 12 as part of Record Store Day #RSDDrops! Featuring two new studio tracks plus live recordings from our Styx Fix series of “Renegade”, “Mr. Roboto” & more on translucent blue vinyl.
Last edited by StyxGuy on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
StyxGuy
45 RPM

Re: Styx releasing 12" EP on Record Store Day

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:59 am

This comes out the day after DDY Volume 2 is released.
STYX new album coming in 2021
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 am

Too bad there are NO record shops here any more! The only place around here that sells vinyl is Target and Walmart. I guess I'll have to find this elsewhere if I can.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:58 am

FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:12 am

2 new songs.
The Same Stardust
Age Of Entropia
5 live songs
Mr. Roboto 2020
Radio Silence 2019
Man In The Wilderness 2018
Miss America 2020
Renegade 2019
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 am

FormerDJMike wrote:Too bad there are NO record shops here any more! The only place around here that sells vinyl is Target and Walmart. I guess I'll have to find this elsewhere if I can.

This is marked as an "RSD First" release. Generally this means it comes out on Record Store Day, but there's lots of copies and if somehow every one was sold on RSD - more could be made.
StyxGuy
45 RPM

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 am

StyxGuy wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:Too bad there are NO record shops here any more! The only place around here that sells vinyl is Target and Walmart. I guess I'll have to find this elsewhere if I can.

This is marked as an "RSD First" release. Generally this means it comes out on Record Store Day, but there's lots of copies and if somehow every one was sold on RSD - more could be made.

I think I may try and get a relative who has a record store in his town pick it up for me if I can't manage to get one locally by release day.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:46 pm

Of all songs that appears on this new release on RSD and probably on their new album they choose Mr. Roboto live!!! Wow, yet another live recording, although in fairness this one is in blue. I know the releases of all albums and EP's were announced for RSD, which happened for the 12" EP, the same time for DDY's single/video release. However it totally figures that the current line-up of Styx is releasing their "new" album the day after Dennis's new album release. Is that a coincidence?
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:44 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Of all songs that appears on this new release on RSD and probably on their new album they choose Mr. Roboto live!!! Wow, yet another live recording, although in fairness this one is in blue. I know the releases of all albums and EP's were announced for RSD, which happened for the 12" EP, the same time for DDY's single/video release. However it totally figures that the current line-up of Styx is releasing their "new" album the day after Dennis's new album release. Is that a coincidence?

Styx is not releasing this album, UMe is. Unless a band owns a label, they do not release the albums. Prove to this forum that Styx dictated the release date of this EP. To me this looks like nothing more than a teaser and promo for the new album.

This also has two NEW songs on it, and it does not look like they are "live".
It is also an EP on vinyl, and very few people are going to care about it. You seem to care more about then most Styx fans.

You trolling s Styx forum and jumping on the news of a new Styx release really shows your jealousy and envy that this band exists without Dennis. Get over it already.
Monker
MP3

Postby LtVanish » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am

Monker wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Of all songs that appears on this new release on RSD and probably on their new album they choose Mr. Roboto live!!! Wow, yet another live recording, although in fairness this one is in blue. I know the releases of all albums and EP's were announced for RSD, which happened for the 12" EP, the same time for DDY's single/video release. However it totally figures that the current line-up of Styx is releasing their "new" album the day after Dennis's new album release. Is that a coincidence?

Styx is not releasing this album, UMe is. Unless a band owns a label, they do not release the albums. Prove to this forum that Styx dictated the release date of this EP. To me this looks like nothing more than a teaser and promo for the new album.

This also has two NEW songs on it, and it does not look like they are "live".
It is also an EP on vinyl, and very few people are going to care about it. You seem to care more about then most Styx fans.

You trolling s Styx forum and jumping on the news of a new Styx release really shows your jealousy and envy that this band exists without Dennis. Get over it already.

At the end of the day this new record has Mr. Roboto on it, which after bashing this song and Kilroy and everything else over the last 20 years speaks volumes to me. I think it is hilarious they have to put that on there to be able to sell it. LOL
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:52 pm

Did you ever think the coincidence could be on the other foot??? DDY had to know this was being released since he wrote one of the songs on it. I'm sure he knows everything Styx related that is getting released well in advance. On the other hand, Styx would not know when DDY is releasing something until it's made public. Judging from the titles, the 2 new Styx songs could be songs they left off The Mission. they are both space related and I thought I had heard there were some songs that didn't make the cut back then. The full new album is coming later! I know this for a fact. I have direct contact with someone who is involved. Until then we can enjoy the 2 new songs from Styx and the new DDY album that mysteriously is being released on the day before Record Store Day (who's date was probably set a year ago).Not to mention that the Styx EP is a vinyl only, limited release, no streaming, and hard to find. Darn those guys messing with DDY that way! :lol:
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Did you ever think the coincidence could be on the other foot??? DDY had to know this was being released since he wrote one of the songs on it. I'm sure he knows everything Styx related that is getting released well in advance. On the other hand, Styx would not know when DDY is releasing something until it's made public. Judging from the titles, the 2 new Styx songs could be songs they left off The Mission. they are both space related and I thought I had heard there were some songs that didn't make the cut back then. The full new album is coming later! I know this for a fact. I have direct contact with someone who is involved. Until then we can enjoy the 2 new songs from Styx and the new DDY album that mysteriously is being released on the day before Record Store Day (who's date was probably set a year ago).Not to mention that the Styx EP is a vinyl only, limited release, no streaming, and hard to find. Darn those guys messing with DDY that way! :lol:

Yes - Dennis knows what's going on with Styx to an extent because of the lawsuit settlement.

and yes if anything... wouldn't it be Dennis trying to preempt Styx by releasing his album the day before? Where is his RSD release?! :P

It's coincidence I'm sure. I'll be buying both :)

One thing I'd love to see is the original Wooden Nickel albums re-released in a 4-lp box set... not sure if they even have the original master tapes anymore... I think most of their stuff was lost in the fires like so many other artists?
StyxGuy
45 RPM

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:22 am

Record companies do not make artists release RSD records. This is solely up to the artist. The release date on this is the same coincidence as announcing this RSD on the day of Dennis’s first video release. Is that what you believe.

Decisions about release can be made less than a month before RSD dates. The stores are desperate for records.
Re recoding a song does not entitle any song writer to know when a song will be released or even recorded. If no lyric changes or chord changes are made then it’s only a question of paying mechanical royalties.

Dennis releasing his album a day before this meaningless RSD to interfere with Styx is laughable.
The law suit settlement allows Dennis to know about Styx business? You are joking right? He’s mentioned numerous times in interviews that contractually he only receives a small percentage of touring money and has no power or knowledge of anything they do.
Interesting that CS admits to inside info as if that were a secret. He thinks the new songs on the RSD could be outtakes from The Mission. We better pay attention to his observation. I wonder if they finally explain the concept.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am

Who are you talking to? You didn't quote ANYTHING.

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Record companies do not make artists release RSD records. This is solely up to the artist. The release date on this is the same coincidence as announcing this RSD on the day of Dennis’s first video release. Is that what you believe.

I believe that neither of them give a damn about the release date of the other's stuff. LABELS release albums, not bands...Styx did not release this - UMe did. YOU said Styx are releasing it. That is simply NOT TRUE.

Re recoding a song does not entitle any song writer to know when a song will be released or even recorded. If no lyric changes or chord changes are made then it’s only a question of paying mechanical royalties.

Unless the writer and band were in a lawsuit decades ago and such things were written as part of the settlement. Can you post the settlement and prove that it's not there?

Dennis releasing his album a day before this meaningless RSD to interfere with Styx is laughable.

And, it's just as laughable to say the same about Styx. Your passive aggressive bullshit about it is also laughable.

The law suit settlement allows Dennis to know about Styx business? You are joking right?

Post the settlement and prove it wrong.

He’s mentioned numerous times in interviews that contractually he only receives a small percentage of touring money and has no power or knowledge of anything they do.

Post the settlement.

Interesting that CS admits to inside info as if that were a secret. He thinks the new songs on the RSD could be outtakes from The Mission. We better pay attention to his observation. I wonder if they finally explain the concept.

You are the only one who doesn't understand the concept of "The Mission"...and you are just full of passive aggressive bullshit.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:50 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote: Judging from the titles, the 2 new Styx songs could be songs they left off The Mission. they are both space related and I thought I had heard there were some songs that didn't make the cut back then.

"The Same Stardust" and "Age Of Entropia".

Well, that's possible, too. I would say Stardust is a bit more probable. Entropy is essentially saying a state of disorder and chaos. I would say we are very much living in an age of Entropy, where so much is chaos and unpredictable. Also, it fits into some of the songs we have heard from the new album. And, I'd much rather hear a preview of a future album than extras from a past one.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:56 am

LtVanish wrote:At the end of the day this new record has Mr. Roboto on it, which after bashing this song and Kilroy and everything else over the last 20 years speaks volumes to me. I think it is hilarious they have to put that on there to be able to sell it. LOL

And, Dennis' album cover has him posing as the Mona Lisa. Is he trying to invoke the genius of Leonardo Da Vinci? Or, is it just more Da Vinci code that Paul is dead and that's why he has the title of a Beatles song that isn't?

I'm sure there is a conspiracy in here somewhere.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:59 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Record companies do not make artists release RSD records. This is solely up to the artist. The release date on this is the same coincidence as announcing this RSD on the day of Dennis’s first video release. Is that what you believe.

Decisions about release can be made less than a month before RSD dates. The stores are desperate for records.

The law suit settlement allows Dennis to know about Styx business? You are joking right? He’s mentioned numerous times in interviews that contractually he only receives a small percentage of touring money and has no power or knowledge of anything they do.

I could be wrong here but I’m picking up a vibe that you may not like the Mission. I really don’t think either side planed to sabotage the other with these releases. DDY is still trying to make his music by living in the past. I understand reflecting on your past accomplishments but 2 albums of “hey remember how great I was 40 years ago”? That’s getting old! How about trying something new?? Let me know if you need help finding the Stardust EP Suite. I hear there is a good record store in Wisconsin that will carry it. Btw, I have 26 east 2 on order from Amazon on vinyl. I will be contributing to his chart success on this one. I did this not because I think it’s really good but out of respect for his contributions to Styx during my teen years.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:47 am

Chicago Styx you are not a flame throwing argumentative troll. You’re someone who has an allegiance to Tommy’s Styx and that’s fine. You have admitted your inside connection good for you. My allegiance has always been to Styx “the band” with a preference for the albums created from 1975 through 1983. I can appreciate the other ones but the members who created that music are still my favorite. Second I have a strong preference for Dennis being in the band and I believe that he was replaced and maligned for 22 years to no good end. If he had not been then we would share mostly common ground.

Your premise today states that Dennis is still trying to make his music by living in the past. I guess your saying that the current Styx does not. You’re joking aren’t you?
They have continually led a campaign to remind their fans of the Pieces of 8 and Grand Illusion album period as the their greatest while demeaning Cornerstone and Kilroy was Here. Their live cd and dvd and tour as an example. They’re always saying their getting back to their rock roots. Then they record the Mission, a concept album set in the future. This without any reference to Tommy’s public claims of his distaste for them or the acknowledgment of Kilroy was Here. This was Tommy’s record, JY has publicly claimed his resistance to the point of being barely represented. And where’s the rock?( I only commented and listened to the Mission because I was challenged to on this forum).
Not a touch of self awareness or irony from any of them. And the latest RSD release is still more OLD live music with the inclusion of Mr. Roboto. The song they have continually disgraced? I suppose your blind spot won’t allow you to recognize what everyone sees. They live in the past and that’s alright.

Dennis records Isle of Misanthrope IMO the finest example of that musical period since PO8 and you claim HE lives in the past.
They both do to some extent and should because that’s what their fans want.
If you dare read the YouTube comments on Misanthrope you’ll see what I mean regarding my praise of the new song. There is more depth of thought in the Misanthrope video than in the entire Mission. The Gone Gone Gone video tells us what about the Mission? Nothing. That Tommy plays second fiddle to Gowan? Tommy would have sung that much better. I know, because I’m a Tommy fan.

We’re not changing each other’s minds here but you couldn’t wait to listen to bits of 26 East
Vol.II and rate it a B-. Why do that? That’s like judging Lady or CSA without ever hearing the rock parts. For actual open minded Styx fans, not on the inside your review translates to an A.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:36 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Chicago Styx you are not a flame throwing argumentative troll.

YOU are the one who came into a Styx thread and started throwing passive aggressive bullshit. NOBODY has done that to the threads dedicated to Dennis' new song or album. YOU are the one who is acting a troll. NOBODY else on this forum is.

Your premise today states that Dennis is still trying to make his music by living in the past.

His latest song is good, but it bores me. I haven't even listened to it all the way through. Dennis is right, it sounds like it is 40yrs old. Perhaps he should have written songs like this in 1983. The bottom line for me is that Progressive Rock music no longer sounds like this. I would rather listen to something modern than something that could have been recorded 40yrs ago.

They have continually led a campaign to remind their fans of the Pieces of 8 and Grand Illusion album period as the their greatest while demeaning Cornerstone and Kilroy was Here. Their live cd and dvd and tour as an example. They’re always saying their getting back to their rock roots. Then they record the Mission, a concept album set in the future. This without any reference to Tommy’s public claims of his distaste for them or the acknowledgment of Kilroy was Here. This was Tommy’s record, JY has publicly claimed his resistance to the point of being barely represented.

So what. You are a broken record, you keep skipping and repeating the same crap over and over again. "The Mission" was well received and got the band moving to do more new music. That is the bottom line truth to it all. If you don't like it, so what, you have argued it enough that we all know your propaganda by now.

And the latest RSD release is still more OLD live music

Along with two NEW SONGS - which you continuously and constantly and conveniently ignore.

with the inclusion of Mr. Roboto. The song they have continually disgraced?

Deservedly. It broke the band up.

I suppose your blind spot won’t allow you to recognize what everyone sees. They live in the past and that’s alright.

YOU are the one living in the past. You won't shut up and move on from it.

Dennis records Isle of Misanthrope IMO the finest example of that musical period since PO8

It is NOT an example of that musical period. It is not 1970something. It is an example of a retiring rock star writing a songs like it was 40yrs ago. As I said, YOU are the one living int he past.

and you claim HE lives in the past.

He released one album which had all kinds of references to the past and Styx. He has ADMITTED that is what it was about. Now he is about to release an album which he admits to being about his influence of the BEATLES. The album cover is even mimicking the Beatles. Of course he is living in the past. If he had moved on, he would not have been begging for a reunion with Styx.

I don't think you have a clue what Styx fans currently want...you are not one, by your own admissions in this post.

If you dare read the YouTube comments on Misanthrope you’ll see what I mean regarding my praise of the new song. There is more depth of thought in the Misanthrope video than in the entire Mission. The Gone Gone Gone video tells us what about the Mission? Nothing. That Tommy plays second fiddle to Gowan? Tommy would have sung that much better. I know, because I’m a Tommy fan.

Oh, shut up already. You talk about Dennis like he is some type of Progressive Rock genius. He's not. Go watch the video I posted about "Transitus" THAT is genius. The guy came up with the concept. He wrote the ENTIRE story. He wrote the songs. He wrote most of the music. He even directed the art in an entire comic book that came with the CD. Then another artist comes in an animates the comic book and posts that video. It's like watching a movie. And, it's not the first time...Arjen has done it many times on many albums. Arjen Luccasen is a genius. The guy attracts modern prog rock legends from everywhere to be on his albums. A few years ago, I had never even heard of him, but there is no denying what he is...whether I like his music, or not.

We’re not changing each other’s minds here but you couldn’t wait to listen to bits of 26 East
Vol.II and rate it a B-. Why do that? That’s like judging Lady or CSA without ever hearing the rock parts. For actual open minded Styx fans, not on the inside your review translates to an A.

An opinion, by definition, can't be wrong. That is a fact. You should learn and study that fact.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:17 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Chicago Styx you are not a flame throwing argumentative troll. You’re someone who has an allegiance to Tommy’s Styx and that’s fine. You have admitted your inside connection good for you. My allegiance has always been to Styx “the band” with a preference for the albums created from 1975 through 1983. I can appreciate the other ones but the members who created that music are still my favorite. Second I have a strong preference for Dennis being in the band and I believe that he was replaced and maligned for 22 years to no good end. If he had not been then we would share mostly common ground.

Your premise today states that Dennis is still trying to make his music by living in the past. I guess your saying that the current Styx does not. You’re joking aren’t you?
They have continually led a campaign to remind their fans of the Pieces of 8 and Grand Illusion album period as the their greatest while demeaning Cornerstone and Kilroy was Here. Their live cd and dvd and tour as an example. They’re always saying their getting back to their rock roots. Then they record the Mission, a concept album set in the future. This without any reference to Tommy’s public claims of his distaste for them or the acknowledgment of Kilroy was Here. This was Tommy’s record, JY has publicly claimed his resistance to the point of being barely represented. And where’s the rock?( I only commented and listened to the Mission because I was challenged to on this forum).
Not a touch of self awareness or irony from any of them. And the latest RSD release is still more OLD live music with the inclusion of Mr. Roboto. The song they have continually disgraced? I suppose your blind spot won’t allow you to recognize what everyone sees. They live in the past and that’s alright.

Dennis records Isle of Misanthrope IMO the finest example of that musical period since PO8 and you claim HE lives in the past.

Your right Suite, I am not trolling. My complaint with some of the songs on DDYs 1 and 2 albums is he is not only trying sound like Styx which is fine but he’s trying to rewrite the old songs. I don’t hear that on The Mission. Yes, The Mission sounds like Styx but not by copying what they have already done. I think DDY was right when he just wanted to release one album. Just because you write 25 songs doesn’t mean they’re all good. He could have combined the best from both and had one good album. Just my opinion. Maybe we can agree to disagree. We both agree that Styx was at its best from 75-83. Although they still kick butt in concert and I really enjoyed The Mission.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:15 am

Loved Styx’s The Mission! Absolutely fantastic album. Locomotive is one of my favorite Styx songs ever. Really Really liked The Red Storm, Hundred Million Miles From Home, Radio Silence & The Greater Good. For me the duet on The Greater Good was every bit as good as Dennis’s & Tommy’s duet of Haven’t We Been Here Before and Dennis’s & Glens duet All In A Days Work. All 3 were GREAT in my book. Gone Gone Gone is also really excellent & needed to be sung by LG. FANTASTIC, hypocritical & original concept album sung by guys who HATE the concept album. Go figure???

At the same time I loved 26 East Volume 1 and I’m totally stoked there will be a Volume 2. Isle of Misanthrope is fantastic as was Kingdom A Blaze which I thought was the BEST Styx song since Prelude 12 followed by Suite Madame Blue. Absolutely EPIC. You My Love is one of DDYs best ever ballads. Run For the Roses with its Broadway appeal that I hate made me love it. Just a GREAT GREAT album.

Damn are they ALL talented.

Nothing to bitch about here!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 am

Everyone should watch the Transitus video Ayerion Daniels Descent to know exactly who Monker is and what he admires. He has forfeited any further right to ever accuse anyone of Broadway pretensions. This makes Kilroy Was Here look like Citizen Kane.

This song and video sound and look like a cartoon caricature send up of Jesus Christ Superstar in hell. Is this an elaborate SNL sketch because it should be. A blatant musical rip off of Andrew Loyd Weber. Yes ALW. Silly posing by amateurs and unintentionally hysterically funny. Jon Anderson is somewhere doubled over trying to catch his breath from laughing.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Everyone should watch the Transitus video Ayerion Daniels Descent to know exactly who Monker is and what he admires. He has forfeited any further right to ever accuse anyone of Broadway pretensions. This makes Kilroy Was Here look like Citizen Kane.

This song and video sound and look like a cartoon caricature send up of Jesus Christ Superstar in hell. Is this an elaborate SNL sketch because it should be. A blatant musical rip off of Andrew Loyd Weber. Yes ALW. Silly posing by amateurs and unintentionally hysterically funny. Jon Anderson is somewhere doubled over trying to catch his breath from laughing.

Well, HELLO THERE! :twisted:

LOL...the video and song is OBVIOUSLY supposed to be funny. You are just to used to "Kawasaki! Hurtum, scrotum. Oh, my balls!" for humor. Your mudda musta been a Toyota.

As I said, I did not care much for the songs when I listened to them individually. But, when you watch the animated cartoon, it's awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZKJJ5g ... el=Taycott

And, Dee Snider's character being called "twisted", too funny.

The funny thing is, Transitus was OK'd to be a MOVIE. That was Arjen's original plan. They even had a director hired. Arjen picked the singers because they COULD emote and "act" as they sang. That is probably why I like the animated comic - because it is almost like watching a movie...and it is the closest to Arjen's original vision for the project. The director he had actually still wants to do the movie..but Arjen already has a new project planned. He's about what is next...not about hanging on to things for decades trying get Hunchback in a big production.

It is absolutely hilarious that you are calling Simone Simmons and Tommy Karevik "amateurs". You are clueless. You really should stick to talking about things you know something about.

Arjen is everything that Dennis has wanted to be since Kilroy...and Dennis couldn't do it. He couldn't get his players to complete Kilroy the way he envisioned. He couldn't get Hunchback any further than a musical on one short tour. He even stopped trying to do his solo work in favor of hiring people to replace the entire band, so he could do his version of a Styx show. Even Hunchback isn't solely his but his take on an existing story. Dennis has never done it. Arjen has done it MANY times...he is a master...and is recognized as such.

Hmm, who writes about robots anyway..read the comments in the captions, cool stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuMKdr ... nyLucassen

And, my favorite. I'll include the John de Lancie bit because I'm sure you think he's an "amateur" too...LOL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLD4s51 ... roTilleria

And, one I am sure you'd love to dedicate to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6riG9R ... l=Ricamros

I don't mind "theater" type stuff. I LOVE things like "Nightmare Before Christmas" or "Corpse Bride", etc. What I don't like is a "band" where one member emerges as a dictator who wants to change a "rock band" into his own personal outlet to get his own personal theater projects recorded.

Arjen IS Ayreon. It was designed from the beginning to get HIS concept albums recorded. It's been that was for 25yrs.

Dennis could learn a lot by guesting on a Ayreon album...if he could handle not being in control of the big picture.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Damn I mean Damn James Labrie of my favorite all time band Dream Theater is involved in this. I now truly have to give this a good look & listen. I had no clue as Ive never heard of this guy before. WOW!!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Abitaman » Sun May 02, 2021 8:40 am

It us kind of like when Tommy released the cover song on the same day when DDY released the first Vol.1
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Thu May 06, 2021 7:38 am

yogi wrote:Damn I mean Damn James Labrie of my favorite all time band Dream Theater is involved in this. I now truly have to give this a good look & listen. I had no clue as Ive never heard of this guy before. WOW!!!!!

Love Dream Theater too. I don't know if you have ever seen this video, but it was taken from a concert in Texas and they paid tribute to Dimebag Darrell (Pantera) on the Gigantour. James LaBrie sounds amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2jmZq-eck
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Grotelul » Thu May 06, 2021 1:15 pm

yogi wrote:Loved Styx’s The Mission! Absolutely fantastic album. Locomotive is one of my favorite Styx songs ever. Really Really liked The Red Storm, Hundred Million Miles From Home, Radio Silence & The Greater Good. For me the duet on The Greater Good was every bit as good as Dennis’s & Tommy’s duet of Haven’t We Been Here Before and Dennis’s & Glens duet All In A Days Work. All 3 were GREAT in my book. Gone Gone Gone is also really excellent & needed to be sung by LG. FANTASTIC, hypocritical & original concept album sung by guys who HATE the concept album. Go figure???

At the same time I loved 26 East Volume 1 and I’m totally stoked there will be a Volume 2. Isle of Misanthrope is fantastic as was Kingdom A Blaze which I thought was the BEST Styx song since Prelude 12 followed by Suite Madame Blue. Absolutely EPIC. You My Love is one of DDYs best ever ballads. Run For the Roses with its Broadway appeal that I hate made me love it. Just a GREAT GREAT album.

Damn are they ALL talented.

Nothing to bitch about here!!

I guess you can't have a different opinion on concept albums some 38 years later. :roll:
Grotelul
LP

Return to Styx