Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby yogi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:16 am

Mine hasn’t even shipped yet but Lou from Amazon told me it would be to my house on Tue 22nd. Didn’t want to listen to it off my phone with ear buds but I broke down around 11 last night. Very Very glad I did.
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby FormerDJMike » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:09 am

Yeah mail ran about 20 min ago and no package.
User avatar
FormerDJMike
8 Track
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 am
Location: Somewhere In America

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 am

Just as I had suspected Suite has gone MIA. The apparent poor reception of Vol.2 and the success of COTC has put her over the edge! :wink:
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby Monker » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:22 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Just as I had suspected Suite has gone MIA. The apparent poor reception of Vol.2 and the success of COTC has put her over the edge! :wink:


Well, vol 1 and vol 2...neither of them charted, right?

I've been living with CotC in the car since the 18th. IMO, it's the best CD Styx has released since the breakup, including BNW of course. It's up there with GI and Po8 as far as I'm concerned. There is very little I can find to complain about. A couple songs are short, but not as bad as I thought it would be. It's a great album of songs.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby masque » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:05 am

Ok I’ve got to say that I am thrilled to see so many agree with my thoughts on this album as well. I had not posted about it because I wanted to live with it some. But from the first listen to now a week later I feel this album is total brilliance.

It will never get the airplay and respect it deserves but we are fortunate to have such an incredible album dropped in our laps. Standing ovation to all involved in doing this album.
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:02 am

masque wrote:Ok I’ve got to say that I am thrilled to see so many agree with my thoughts on this album as well. I had not posted about it because I wanted to live with it some. But from the first listen to now a week later I feel this album is total brilliance.

It will never get the airplay and respect it deserves but we are fortunate to have such an incredible album dropped in our laps. Standing ovation to all involved in doing this album.


I agree, this album is special. I noticed it’s moving back up on the Amazon overall chart again. Back into the top 10.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:00 am

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby Grotelul » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Just as I had suspected Suite has gone MIA. The apparent poor reception of Vol.2 and the success of COTC has put her over the edge! :wink:


I guess Tom Morello didn't bring too many Rage fans with him.
Grotelul
LP
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Crash Of The Crown thoughts

Postby Monker » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
masque wrote:Ok I’ve got to say that I am thrilled to see so many agree with my thoughts on this album as well. I had not posted about it because I wanted to live with it some. But from the first listen to now a week later I feel this album is total brilliance.

It will never get the airplay and respect it deserves but we are fortunate to have such an incredible album dropped in our laps. Standing ovation to all involved in doing this album.


I agree, this album is special. I noticed it’s moving back up on the Amazon overall chart again. Back into the top 10.


Hopefully, it becomes a bit of an underground hit. I doubt it will be a huge seller...but it speaks to a lot of current events, if you listen to the lyrics...both pandemic and political. Styx nailed the timing of this one.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Previous

Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests