From Glen's Facbook post today

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

From Glen's Facbook post today

Postby Abitaman » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:32 am

Glen Burtnik

·
A little Styx story.
The band once included a John Curlewski. He quit and was replaced by Tommy Shaw. Then they kinda broke up. Then they got back together but Tommy was busy, so I joined the band, taking his place. Then Tommy came back and I left. Then Dennis kinda left and I came back. Then I left. Then Dennis started his own band (with my friends Jimmy Leahey and John Blasucci) and he found a perfect replacement for Tommy, named August Zadra. So in a way, August has been a Tommy replacement, as was I once.
Today for the first time I met and played a song of mine with August, Jimmy & John. It’s a song I recorded with Styx. So I guess you might say there was all kindsa inter-connectivity tonight.
Great seeing Jimmy and John. Great meeting August. Great playing with The Orchestra. Great to be a musician. Great to be flying home tomorrow.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: From Glen's Facbook post today

Postby yogi » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:22 am

Awesome story from Glen.

Got to meet and talk with him after a solo DDY concert in Wisconsin. Glen played in Dennis’s band that night. Suite got my wife Gina and I back stage for the entire concert and soundcheck prior to the concert. Thanks Suite. Was a great great night.

Glen, Tim Orchid & Dennis’s son Matthew were all so nice to us and class acts all the way. I spent a lot of time talking to Tim. Years earlier I had purchased a 2on1 CD off of E-Bay that contained the Styx albums Equinox/Edge Of The Century all on one CD. They are two of my favorite Styx albums and I brought it with me to the show. After the concert, Glen autographed it for me. I remember him saying he had never seen this CD before. Had all the artwork of both albums, lyrics and was on a label. Unreal find.

After the show went to Dennis’s meet & greet and Dennis autographed my Sparky the Fly Dog T shirt and an old cell phone I had. Dennis said that was the first cell phone he had ever autographed.

After we met Dennis and went out of the meet & greet trailer or whatever it was, I got to talk to Glen a lot more, before we left.

What an awesome night that was. Glen’s fantastic. Will always love his contributions to Styx. Welcome To Hollywood is also one of my all time favorites albums. Bam!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Abitaman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:41 am

Welcome to Hollywood is a FANTASTIC cd.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Jodes » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:45 am

I've had interactions with Glen too. When I saw him Dennis In Calgary, I had my Styxwrold CD during Soundcheck (I knew he'd be there) and he signed it for me, but before that he grabbed it and said "This is my favorite Pic, can I borrow this?" and showed it to the rest of the band. He was smiling like he got a 100% on a math test! I was so star struck by Dennis I just managed a hello. I finally did manage to get to hang out with Tim Orchard and invited to soundcheck in the club Dennis played in Edmonton in O6. Got my RTP signed by him, and of course Glen was there too, so I think he signed my WTH disc that night.

Great times. Haven't seen Glen live since his Orchestra show in 10 here in Edmonton, and Dennis, well I'm hoping to catch him at least one more time before he finally retires.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:56 am

Jodes wrote:I've had interactions with Glen too. When I saw him Dennis In Calgary, I had my Styxwrold CD during Soundcheck (I knew he'd be there) and he signed it for me, but before that he grabbed it and said "This is my favorite Pic, can I borrow this?" and showed it to the rest of the band. He was smiling like he got a 100% on a math test! I was so star struck by Dennis I just managed a hello. I finally did manage to get to hang out with Tim Orchard and invited to soundcheck in the club Dennis played in Edmonton in O6. Got my RTP signed by him, and of course Glen was there too, so I think he signed my WTH disc that night.

Great times. Haven't seen Glen live since his Orchestra show in 10 here in Edmonton, and Dennis, well I'm hoping to catch him at least one more time before he finally retires.

I got to meet Glen and Todd at my first Styx concert nearly 22 years ago (Oct, 2000) and he was great. They were already on their bus but not going anywhere yet so they came out and talked to me for a good 20 minutes while I waited to see if I could get autographs from JY and Tommy (they were taking a different bus and hadn't come out of the venue yet)

It was a great memory - got my Arch Allies CD autographed by Todd, Glen and JY (Tommy and Gowan went straight to the bus while JY 'reluctantly' spent a few minutes signing autographs :P)

I also got my RTP autographed by Dennis when he came to to same venue in 2007.
StyxGuy
LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:14 am

yogi wrote:Awesome story from Glen.

Got to meet and talk with him after a solo DDY concert in Wisconsin. Glen played in Dennis’s band that night. Suite got my wife Gina and I back stage for the entire concert and soundcheck prior to the concert. Thanks Suite. Was a great great night.

Glen, Tim Orchid & Dennis’s son Matthew were all so nice to us and class acts all the way. I spent a lot of time talking to Tim. Years earlier I had purchased a 2on1 CD off of E-Bay that contained the Styx albums Equinox/Edge Of The Century all on one CD. They are two of my favorite Styx albums and I brought it with me to the show. After the concert, Glen autographed it for me. I remember him saying he had never seen this CD before. Had all the artwork of both albums, lyrics and was on a label. Unreal find.

After the show went to Dennis’s meet & greet and Dennis autographed my Sparky the Fly Dog T shirt and an old cell phone I had. Dennis said that was the first cell phone he had ever autographed.

After we met Dennis and went out of the meet & greet trailer or whatever it was, I got to talk to Glen a lot more, before we left.

What an awesome night that was. Glen’s fantastic. Will always love his contributions to Styx. Welcome To Hollywood is also one of my all time favorites albums. Bam!!!

That was a great night. It was up in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. It was so nice to meet you and your wife that night. I really enjoyed the sound check, we were the only people there, it felt like a private concert! Do you still have your cellphone that he signed? I did take a picture of it :) Great memories!
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Return to Styx