No notes from Tommy

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

No notes from Tommy

Postby onestilllearning » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:49 am

3 Concerts with Ricky and no feedback from Tommy on StyxWorld.com
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this Glennless leg of the tour?
Looking back at a life
Filled with warm embraces
No regrets only memories
Of smiling faces
onestilllearning
45 RPM

Re: No notes from Tommy

Postby froy » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:57 am

onestilllearning wrote:3 Concerts with Ricky and no feedback from Tommy on StyxWorld.com
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this Glennless leg of the tour?

Was wondering the same thing but did not want to bring it up.
I suspect this small leg is not one there going to brag about as the greatest lineup in the bands history has broken up.
froy
Compact Disc

Postby classicstyxfan » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:59 am

If I were a fan who spent my hard earned ( Fill in $/per ticket + ticketmaster extortion fees here ) And Tommy didn't post how the crowd on the night I attended was either electrifying, the greatest ever, or Styx favorite place in the world to play.......

I think I just might be offended ! Heck, I'd assume we must have been the WORST crowd ever, based on the notes from the last 3 years....

Could it be the band WASN'T tight ? the crowd WASN'T that into it
the band WASN'T pumped up ? or could it be they're just out to collect their checks and get this leg of the tour over with, and that they are all starting to feel the way Glen felt when he threw in the towel ? If so, I cant say I blame them.....4 years straight of relentless touring would do that to most mortal men. I personally could forgive them if they chose to take 6 months off and re-charge their batteries....maybe even devote some time to writing.
classicstyxfan
Cassette Tape

Postby ek88 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:34 am

If I were a fan who spent my hard earned ( Fill in $/per ticket + ticketmaster extortion fees here ) And Tommy didn't post how the crowd on the night I attended was either electrifying, the greatest ever, or Styx favorite place in the world to play.......

Out of the five times I've seen the new lineup (or "greatest", as Froy says), there was an acknowledgement in the Notes From The Band on only three of those occasions. I didn't see any vast differences between the crowd response or energy of the band in the two that didn't get mentioned. I simply think that Tommy fights the same battle as the rest of us: a limited amount of time each day to get done everything we'd like to. Anything beyond that is reading too much into the lack of notes. (IMHO)
ek88
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:16 am

Glen is out rest of the tour and for at least a decade.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Archetype » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 am

Well this didn’t age well
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 am

Your right, did not age well at all
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Styx