Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

The Mission coming to 5.1 blu-ray

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:39 am

StyxGuy
LP

Re: The Mission coming to 5.1 blu-ray

Postby Archetype » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:08 am

This looks like a cool package. Will order.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Something tells me the label that is releasing this is going to take a bath on it. If they wanted to actually make money on it they should have released this when the regular version was released. The hype is all gone. It's hard enough to get people interested in new music from aging bands let alone a "special mix" months after the promotion for it is long gone and is a foot note in history.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Boomchild wrote:Something tells me the label that is releasing this is going to take a bath on it. If they wanted to actually make money on it they should have released this when the regular version was released. The hype is all gone. It's hard enough to get people interested in new music from aging bands let alone a "special mix" months after the promotion for it is long gone and is a foot note in history.

Styx is on a major tour and playing 4 songs from this album live right now. They are still actively promoting it. And , it’s a damn good album! Can’t wait for the Blu-ray!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:42 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Styx is on a major tour and playing 4 songs from this album live right now. They are still actively promoting it. And , it’s a damn good album! Can’t wait for the Blu-ray!

Gee that's great and all but that doesn't change what statically happens when bands like Styx put out new albums. Which is there is an initial and usually very short flurry of attention paid to it and then it flattens out. No matter whether the artist continues to play cuts from the album at their live shows. It's got nothing to do with how good or bad an album is. It's just the way it goes. And please don't tell me it wouldn't have been better for sales if it was released along side the original standard version. So go ahead and prove me wrong. But based on the way the industry is, it's HIGHLY unlikely.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 am

Finally.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Friday, finally the version I’ve been waiting for for a year. This type of album has the ability to sound excellent if done right.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:03 am

Got mine today! Can’t wait to check it out!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:00 am

Mine was delivered today, but I’m at work. I’m chomping at the bit to get home and check it out full surround.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:15 am

I gave it a listen with graphics of course. It’s done very well. On my system the Multichannel Dolby True HD sounds the best. Better separation, clearer. Sometimes the Multichannel DTS-HD Master is the better choice on others. More often then not, but the last two 5.1 mixes I have bought (G N’R Appetite, Styx) we’re best in Dolby.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Incredible!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx