Dennis DeYoung on Eddie Trunk (Sirius XM)

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Dennis DeYoung on Eddie Trunk (Sirius XM)

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:03 am

Anyone listen to the interview or know where I can listen to it?

Only got a 1 minute snippet... he says he's looking for a reunion of the original guys, not to be back in Styx for good.

https://twitter.com/siriusxmvolume/stat ... 2471741440
StyxGuy
LP

Re: Dennis DeYoung on Eddie Trunk (Sirius XM)

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 am

StyxGuy wrote:Anyone listen to the interview or know where I can listen to it?

Only got a 1 minute snippet... he says he's looking for a reunion of the original guys, not to be back in Styx for good.

https://twitter.com/siriusxmvolume/stat ... 2471741440

Ah, now he's lowered the bar. Even for DDY I think a one off scenario isn't worth it for anybody. When you know people no longer want to work together what's the point? It would just be an "Illusion".
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 am

I was able to download it to my drop box. Great interview. Sounds like he’s really trying to make peace with the band. He even complements LG! I give him credit for this. He reached out to Tommy JY and Chuck each by name. Add this to the last JY interview a couple weeks ago and soon they too will be meeting in Singapore!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:I was able to download it to my drop box. Great interview. Sounds like he’s really trying to make peace with the band. He even complements LG! I give him credit for this. He reached out to Tommy JY and Chuck each by name. Add this to the last JY interview a couple weeks ago and soon they too will be meeting in Singapore!

For those of us who don’t care to obtain/listen to the whole thing, what does he say about Lawrence? I seem to remember him saying something to the effect of Lawrence is very talented but doesn’t fit in Styx years ago.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:25 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:I was able to download it to my drop box. Great interview. Sounds like he’s really trying to make peace with the band. He even complements LG! I give him credit for this. He reached out to Tommy JY and Chuck each by name. Add this to the last JY interview a couple weeks ago and soon they too will be meeting in Singapore!

Could you elaborate on this JY/Singapore thing? (edit) OOOHHH... lol, Trump and Kim... :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 am

Archetype wrote:

For those of us who don’t care to obtain/listen to the whole thing, what does he say about Lawrence? I seem to remember him saying something to the effect of Lawrence is very talented but doesn’t fit in Styx years ago.

Eddie asked him what he thought of Lawrence. Dennis said he met him once in 1997. He said anything he has ever read or heard about LG’s comments has been good, “he handles the situation as well as anyone could”. Said he seems like a stand up guy and is a very good keyboard player. He also said “Lawrence is in a very difficult situation. Fans should not take it out on him.”
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Eddie asked him what he thought of Lawrence. Dennis said he met him once in 1997. He said anything he has ever read or heard about LG’s comments has been good, “he handles the situation as well as anyone could”. Said he seems like a stand up guy and is a very good keyboard player. He also said “Lawrence is in a very difficult situation. Fans should not take it out on him.”

There he goes again. That damn bitter, self obsessed, egotistical asshole!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 am

A one off reunion is not a half bad idea. Just the 96-97 lineup. Tape it, DVD it, whatever. But just not the same song list as back then. Mix in some deeper tracks.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:A one off reunion is not a half bad idea. Just the 96-97 lineup. Tape it, DVD it, whatever. But just not the same song list as back then. Mix in some deeper tracks.

It's a wonderful idea, however I'm fairly certain Tommy and JY are just not interested. If nearly 20 years of lamenting over Dennis hasn't shown it enough.. you've got Tommy on The Big Interview going on about the divorce analogy... you don't want to be with that person ever again and you don't want to go back to that relationship.

I would love it, I've never seen Styx with Dennis... But the reality feels like Tommy and JY first have no need to do it as it would truly be to appease the fans who want Dennis back in the band (and they seem to do fine touring as they are) and secondly, Tommy, JY and even Chuck just don't seem to like being around Dennis (and Suzanne) so that wouldn't be much fun outside of being on stage when they perform.

Yes, they could "shut up and play" but that would be quite a sad reunion tour... Dennis and his wife backstage in one dressing room, the rest of Styx all in another having fun... heh.
StyxGuy
LP

Return to Styx