PIECES OF EIGHT - 'Added Verse'??

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

PIECES OF EIGHT - 'Added Verse'??

Postby yogi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:24 pm

My ' remastered' version of Pieces of Eight arrived on Wednesday. Listened to it at least 3 times again and the album is brilliant. It HAS aged well.

Dennis's vocal performance on the title track is UNREAL. I know he states he was disappointed with his effort. I'm sure because he ( his vocals- his songs) didnt have any top 40 hits. But when he sings ' but now this emptiness haunts me every day' I swear thats his finest vocals ever and thats REALLY saying something cause his vocals are ALWAYS sooooo damn GREAT.

I now kind of wonder if after he sings ' come alive spread your wings and fly' and then going into the chorus if he would of added another verse ( meeting the same woman on the street or whatever the next day) and he gets to sing again how the emptiness haunts him, spread your wings etc... then back into the chorus and if he would have left out the progressive ah ah ah............. If he wouldnt of had a another HUGE hit along the lines of Come Sail Away.

Does this make any sense?

Its a brilliant song, a vocally at the beginning it may be his best ever its just wasnt mainstream or radio friendly enough if thats what he was looking for.

Great album!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: PIECES OF EIGHT - 'Added Verse'??

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 am

This is one one of my favorite songs off this album. Your right, his vocal performance on it is stellar. I was lucky enough to hear him do it live when he was doing this orchestral shows.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Re: PIECES OF EIGHT - 'Added Verse'??

Postby tj » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:19 pm

One of my favorite songs of any band.
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx