IN FAIRNESS TO JY- JY's Bakers Dozen ( Best JY led Songs)

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

IN FAIRNESS TO JY- JY's Bakers Dozen ( Best JY led Songs)

Postby yogi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 am

Top 13 JAMES YOUNG led songs
13- Man of Miracles
12- Prisoner of War
11. City Slicker
10.* What Have They Done To You & Snowblind - Does a GREAT job on both with Tommy stepping in for both songs
9. Midnight Ride
8. Double Life
7.Great White Hope
6. Half Penny/Two Penny
5. Waiting
4. Heavy Metal Poisioning
3. Miss America
2. These Are the Times
1. Young Man
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: IN FAIRNESS TO JY- JY's Bakers Dozen ( Best JY led Songs

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:20 am

Interesting. Personally, I have always felt the City Slicker as a whole was a low point for JY.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 am

I really liked the City Slicker song and the entire album. Raised by Wolves was even better but that was more of a Styx sounding album.

Now, Out On A Day Pass might go down as one of the worst albums of all time. It’s way below What If, and that album blew Chunks ( and Froy got jealous)
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 am

yogi wrote:I really liked the City Slicker song and the entire album. Raised by Wolves was even better but that was more of a Styx sounding album.

Now, Out On A Day Pass might go down as one of the worst albums of all time. It’s way below What If, and that album blew Chunks ( and Froy got jealous)

For me, I thought the production was lacking. To me it sounded amateurish. Those awful drum machines, thank you Jan Hammer. Don't get me wrong, I liked his Miami Vice soundtrack stuff. But I just thought he was not the best choice for JY to collaborate with on his first solo outing. Remember JY likes to fancy himself as "cut from the cloth of Hendrix". I also thought that the majority of the songs were weak. If I remember correctly, some of them were songs rejected for Styx to do.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:54 pm

JY has a handful of my all time favorite styx songs....a few of my faves would be;

great white hope (top five styx song for me)
put me on
man of miracles
miss america
double life
you need love
masque
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx