ANOTHER IDEA - STYX NOW & THEN TOUR

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

ANOTHER IDEA - STYX NOW & THEN TOUR

Postby yogi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:56 am

Here is my idea for a GREAT Styx tour and DDY reunion.

Set 1- The Mission is played in its entirety - it is a GREAT album and concept from start to finish one of their bests.

Set 2- DDY reunites with the band and they either play a greatest hits set or another album in its entirety.

No warm up band,package tour, comedian, juggler, or lion tamer, just Styx and the DDY Now & Then reunion and tour. 50 - 75 dates across the US and Canada.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: ANOTHER IDEA - STYX NOW & THEN TOUR

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:59 am

It would be awesome but JY hates Dennis, Tommy has PTSD from Dennis and nobody else in the band matters when it comes to Dennis back with them (Chuck gave up all decision making / band ownership I believe).

On the other hand, if Dennis had just let JY replace him on the road in 1999/2000 with Gowan "temporarily" I'm sure Dennis could have still been in the band, let out to play Lady each show :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:33 am

yogi wrote:Here is my idea for a GREAT Styx tour and DDY reunion.

Set 1- The Mission is played in its entirety - it is a GREAT album and concept from start to finish one of their bests.

Set 2- DDY reunites with the band and they either play a greatest hits set or another album in its entirety.

No warm up band,package tour, comedian, juggler, or lion tamer, just Styx and the DDY Now & Then reunion and tour. 50 - 75 dates across the US and Canada.

They will never share the stage again. Not that I wouldn’t want them to.... I would attend a reunion concert, just isn’t going to happen. Closed case.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:55 am

You may be right but who ever thought that Styx would be a warm up for a washed up Hillbilly comedian?

Hey Norton you are looking pretty good and I hear that Eddie Murphy is making a comeback with his Delierious show in 2019. If Styx would warm up Eddie I’d pay to see that. The Meet and Greet comes with free ice cream but you’ve got to walk a flight of stairs to get it.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby LtVanish » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:48 am

I don't think I want to see a reunion to be honest, it there was to be one, I don't think anyone would be happy and it would come across as fake. It's too bad though, it does come across now as Tommy and JY have a real inferiority complex towards Dennis.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:54 am

Then the next best thing would be Styx opening up for Eddie Murphy.

‘ Norton I’ve Ben looking at you and I know you’ve been looking at me’ “ hey hey Ralphie Boy”

‘ you ain’t got no ice cream cause........
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:27 am

yogi wrote:Then the next best thing would be Styx opening up for Eddie Murphy.

‘ Norton I’ve Ben looking at you and I know you’ve been looking at me’ “ hey hey Ralphie Boy”

‘ you ain’t got no ice cream cause........

Lord help me Jesus! Badabadabdadaba........ My shoe!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Gowan put his face in the water and came up and you know what he said??????

‘ Gooooney Goouu Gou’

What the Fuc. K does Goooooney Goouu Gou mean????
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am

Meh.

Set 1: The Mission in its entirety.
Set 2: Cyclorama in its entirety...with Glen returning for one tour.

I would much rather see that.
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 pm

I'd would FOR SURE be down for that also.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Monker wrote:Meh.

Set 1: The Mission in its entirety.
Set 2: Cyclorama in its entirety...with Glen returning for one tour.

I would much rather see that.

Ugh.... I don't know what it is but I cannot stand Cyclorama. I don't mind One With Everything..
StyxGuy
LP

Postby yogi » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:14 am

Killing the Thing That You Love, These Are The Times, One With Everything, Kiis Your Ass Goodbye, Waiting For OurTime To Come, Do Things My Way and Yes I Can we’re all excellent. Glens contributions shined on that album. I really liked it a lot.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:27 am

yogi wrote:Killing the Thing That You Love, These Are The Times, One With Everything, Kiis Your Ass Goodbye, Waiting For OurTime To Come, Do Things My Way and Yes I Can we’re all excellent. Glens contributions shined on that album. I really liked it a lot.

Funny that.... Tommy doesn't return in 1990 and Glen carried Edge of the Century. Dennis is ousted and Glen once again carries the band again credited on 13 of the 14 songs! (though everyone in the band got credit for every song but Palm of Your Hands it seems)
StyxGuy
LP

Return to Styx