Crash Of The Crown (album)

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Crash Of The Crown (album)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:12 am

StyxGuy wrote:DHL tracking is usually reasonable, I've got a shipment right now which tells me my package has "Departed facility" giving me a clear indication that it's in DHLs possession. If they're saying contact styxworld I would clarify with DHL that they don't have anything in their possession and they are in fact still waiting to receive the package for delviery.

I wonder what happened with the vinyl release... Both the clear and black vinyl are not available at all outside of the U.S. Supposedly delayed until Friday.. we'll see.

Album took a drop today to #46 in the Top 100 iTunes albums (#48 in Canada) and is no longer a #1 new release on Amazon. #4 in Rock and #7 overall.

Pretty strong first 4-5 days for it though

It will be interesting to see where it enters the Billboard top 200 album chart next Tuesday. The Mission came in at #45. Will COTC beat that??
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:55 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:DHL tracking is usually reasonable, I've got a shipment right now which tells me my package has "Departed facility" giving me a clear indication that it's in DHLs possession. If they're saying contact styxworld I would clarify with DHL that they don't have anything in their possession and they are in fact still waiting to receive the package for delviery.

I wonder what happened with the vinyl release... Both the clear and black vinyl are not available at all outside of the U.S. Supposedly delayed until Friday.. we'll see.

Album took a drop today to #46 in the Top 100 iTunes albums (#48 in Canada) and is no longer a #1 new release on Amazon. #4 in Rock and #7 overall.

It will be interesting to see where it enters the Billboard top 200 album chart next Tuesday. The Mission came in at #45. Will COTC beat that??

Where did Dennis' Vol2 end up?
Monker
MP3

Postby yogi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:02 pm

It was in my Toyota Tundras CD player the last 7 + days on heavy rotation. It now has ENDED UP on my front dash, as my 2 CD copies of Crash Of The Crown arrived. I’m 49 minutes to work daily. Will be listening to Crash to and from work tomorrow. I’m pumped. The album is brilliant!!
Last edited by yogi on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm

Monker wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Where did Dennis' Vol2 end up?

Vol.2 was MIA. Did not chart on the Billboard 200 album chart. We will find out on Tuesday where or if COTC charted. But based on Amazon and iTunes it may do well. It’s still in the top 10 on Amazon and was #1 for 3 days. We will see on Tuesday.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Technically it was a #1 new release for 3 days but it only ever hit #2 in CDs & Vinyl overall... still quite a strong first week :)

Currently sitting at #8 in CDs & Vinyl and #4 in Rock.

Tumbled on the iTunes Top 100 Albums to #74 (#47 in Canada) and #17 in Top Rock Albums.

Kinda wish I'd followed in detail for The Mission so I could try a loose comparison :P
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:49 pm

StyxGuy wrote:Technically it was a #1 new release for 3 days but it only ever hit #2 in CDs & Vinyl overall... still quite a strong first week :)

Tumbled on the iTunes Top 100 Albums to #74 (#47 in Canada) and #17 in Top Rock Albums.

Kinda wish I'd followed in detail for The Mission so I could try a loose comparison :P

It was #1 on overall CDs and Vinyl for 2 days. I have the screen shots and also the band posted screen shots as did Todd and Gowan.It's still in the top 10 which is really good.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby FormerDJMike » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:12 am

So my package is lost. Clear vinyl and shirts sold out. My stuff is MIA. DHL said it never arrived at their facility. Contacted Styxworld and they are trying to see what happened.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:54 am

FormerDJMike wrote:So my package is lost. Clear vinyl and shirts sold out. My stuff is MIA. DHL said it never arrived at their facility. Contacted Styxworld and they are trying to see what happened.

That sucks, I would think they have some backup stock and can resend it.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:Technically it was a #1 new release for 3 days but it only ever hit #2 in CDs & Vinyl overall... still quite a strong first week :)

It was #1 on overall CDs and Vinyl for 2 days. I have the screen shots and also the band posted screen shots as did Todd and Gowan.It's still in the top 10 which is really good.

Moved back up to #7 now but 3 of the titles in front of it are by a Garth Brooks, 4 LP box set with 3 different versions all at a ridiculous low price. $13.99 for 4 180 gram albums and 4 CDs! I even bought one at that price! That comes to $1.75 per title.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby FormerDJMike » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:29 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Moved back up to #7 now but 3 of the titles in front of it are by a Garth Brooks, 4 LP box set with 3 different versions all at a ridiculous low price. $13.99 for 4 180 gram albums and 4 CDs! I even bought one at that price! That comes to $1.75 per title.

Man that's an insane marketing strategy from Garth! No wonder it shot up to #1. I don't care for his music at all or I would buy it for 13.99.... Or perhaps I should pick one up and never open it and sell it in 10 years?
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:15 am

FormerDJMike wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

Man that's an insane marketing strategy from Garth! No wonder it shot up to #1. I don't care for his music at all or I would buy it for 13.99.... Or perhaps I should pick one up and never open it and sell it in 10 years?

It gets even better... after looking a little more into it I found the Garth box sets were released in 2019. There are 3 different versions all with the same albums. The only differences are one is remastered, another is from analog tapes, and the last is limited with bonus tracks, but here's the kicker. You can get all 3 of the box sets (21 LPs and 21 CDs for a total of 42 disks) for $17.99 on amazon. The set of 3 box sets were $196.99 when they came out in 2019. That is why it's the #1 seller on Amazon right now. If not for the Garth Brooks fire sale COTC would be the #4 best seller right now which is a week after it's release.
https://youtu.be/cTMb3mQuyek
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:So my package is lost. Clear vinyl and shirts sold out. My stuff is MIA. DHL said it never arrived at their facility. Contacted Styxworld and they are trying to see what happened.

That sucks, I would think they have some backup stock and can resend it.

Mine arrived today.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Grotelul » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:10 am

StyxGuy wrote:
Monker wrote:When will we know the initial weeks sales numbers?

Should know pretty quick?

The Mission peaked at #45 on Billboard 200 and fell off after 2 weeks. Sold 15,000 copies initially. So far don't see Crash Of The Crown on Billboard.

As of ~10am EST here's some chart stats

Crash Of The Crown
Amazon
#1 new release (Rock)
#2 in Rock
#3 in CDs & Vinyl

iTunes
Top 100 Albums #22 (#15 in Canada)
Top 100 Rock Albums #5

Greatest Hits
Amazon
#7/#10/#15

iTunes
Top 100 Rock Albums #45

Where did you find the sales numbers?
Grotelul
LP

Postby FormerDJMike » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Finally, some updated tracking info! Package has some movement, will be here July 2.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:39 pm

FormerDJMike wrote:Finally, some updated tracking info! Package has some movement, will be here July 2.

Mine arrived 4 days sooner than what the tracking info said. There is hope!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Grotelul wrote:
Where did you find the sales numbers?

Just looking at what Amazon says on the album info screen and there's an itunes charts website. No actual numbers at this time. Within a few weeks of The Mission, they said it sold 15,000 (physical?) copies so we'll see if we also get numbers soon.

Numbers as of ~8:30am EST - It had a good week :)

Crash Of The Crown
Amazon
#4 in Rock
#9 in CDs & Vinyl

iTunes
Top 100 Albums - Dropped from both US and Canada
Top 200 Albums #143
Top 100 Rock Albums #30

Greatest Hits
Amazon
#287 in CDs and Vinyl
#6 Prog Rock
#7 Arena Rock
#10 AOR Rock
StyxGuy
LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:29 am

Video of the opening song the other night.

https://youtu.be/mS6ifcHZCK0
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:01 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:Will E will be on this tour with Styx. My guess is that he is needed to help recreate the complex songs live from COTC.

Is he is considered another new member of the band? It's a serious question.

Just heard a live interview with Tommy and Gowan. Will is not in the band!

Will is officially a member of current Styx, just like I knew he would be: In 2021, Evankovich officially announced as the 7th member of Styx by Tommy Shaw.

I wonder who he's going to replace in the near future. 8)

Anyway, I'm currently working on a few huge exciting projects. I'll read the other threads/comments soon.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:12 pm

Will is officially a member of current Styx, just like I knew he would be: In 2021, Evankovich officially announced as the 7th member of Styx by Tommy Shaw.

Anyway, I'm currently working on a few huge exciting projects. I'll read the other threads/comments soon.

Post a link to the announcement....or are you just getting your info from the wiki?
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:56 am

Monker wrote:

Post a link to the announcement....or are you just getting your info from the wiki?

Suite is correct, Tommy has been announcing this at the shows. On Will’s social media he is referred to as a touring member. Either way he brings a lot to the band. If you watch some of the videos from recent shows he plays multiple instruments and adds a 5th harmony part. Sounds great! He is not replacing anyone. I think suite is referring to JY. That’s not happening unless JY wants to slow down. According to JY he will continue to preform until he goes toes up! :lol:
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:49 am

Kansas did a similar thing when Walsh left by bringing in Warren Hamm on the Vinyl Confessions tour. He played multiple instruments and helped with vocals.

IN the case of Will, he is not only helped write and has been a big part of what they are doing the last two albums, he can help recreate the sound and help with vocals. The last time I saw them JY, who I love and this is not a slam, really struggled vocally. Therefore having a guy like Will around only makes sense.

There is nothing sacred about these lineups anymore for Styx or for DDY solo stuff.

I just saw an interview with Steve Lukather and they are on their 15th version of TOTO at this point and doing great. Same kind of stuff happening with Kansas and Foreigner.

I say as long as it sounds great and keeps the music out there, more power to all involved.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:57 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Monker wrote:

Suite is correct, Tommy has been announcing this at the shows. On Will’s social media he is referred to as a touring member. Either way he brings a lot to the band. If you watch some of the videos from recent shows he plays multiple instruments and adds a 5th harmony part. Sounds great! He is not replacing anyone. I think suite is referring to JY. That’s not happening unless JY wants to slow down. According to JY he will continue to preform until he goes toes up! :lol:

I figured he was going to be part of the band (whether it's just touring or taking a larger role) once Michael Staertow posted earlier this month that will be touring with The Guess Who, which meant he was replacing Will at least for the summer. Then when videos were popping up that Tommy introduced Will as a member of the current Styx that pretty much sealed it right out of Tommy's mouth. Then it was posted on Wiki after that.

Of course JY said that, however you never know what's happening in someone's life that they are planning to step down in the future and the "leader" wants to be prepared for that.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 am

ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:57 pm

COTC is still a top 10 best seller on Amazon 2 weeks after it’s release! Wow!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 am

Best album of 2021 so far

https://youtu.be/N8Iee-GNLpA
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby brywool » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:17 am

... and Dennis has a 2nd keyboard player. Who F'ing cares if Will is a new member? I WOULD have liked to see Gowan's fingerprint and writing credit on more of the songs, but the guy is M0RE than capable, so....

COTC is such a good record. Regarding DDY's Volume II- HALF of it is really, REALLY good. However, my wife was able to sing 'The Best of Times' over so much of it. Try it. I love DDY- BUT here's the deal: DDY is ALWAYS looking backwards. Styx... not so much. They are always trying to push the boundaries of who they are. I absolutely respect that. Their new album is a masterpiece.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:19 am

brywool wrote:... and Dennis has a 2nd keyboard player. Who F'ing cares if Will is a new member? I WOULD have liked to see Gowan's fingerprint and writing credit on more of the songs, but the guy is M0RE than capable, so....

COTC is such a good record. Regarding DDY's Volume II- HALF of it is really, REALLY good. However, my wife was able to sing 'The Best of Times' over so much of it. Try it. I love DDY- BUT here's the deal: DDY is ALWAYS looking backwards. Styx... not so much. They are always trying to push the boundaries of who they are. I absolutely respect that. Their new album is a masterpiece.

Great observation about DDY always looking back. He is trying to rewrite the same song.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:19 am

He sure wasn’t looking back on Kilroy. He was pretty dead on. Outside of Kilroy I always felt his songs were pretty in the moment about what he really knew & cared about, with some minor exceptions ( Castle Walls, Born For Adventure..). But even the theme for Kilroy was in the moment.

Now he seems to be writing a lot about time & how it passes quickly, learning from mistakes etc..

It’s all good with both sides. I liked Volume 1 MUCH better than Volume 2 but I LOVE Crash Of The Crown. Album is PERFECT!

Still wish they would make amends with or without a reunion.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Monker » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:12 am

Did COTC stay on the charts for a second week?
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:25 am

Monker wrote:Did COTC stay on the charts for a second week?

The charts are a day behind with the holiday.

On Amazon it's #6 on new rock albums and #16 on overall new releases. Not bad since it's been out almost 3 weeks.
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Styx