New Styx Book

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

New Styx Book

Postby Grotelul » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:14 am

Did anyone see in the COTC cd liner notes that Mike Mettler is working on a Styx book? I'm assuming it may be released early in 2022 to coincide with their 50 year anniversary.
Grotelul
LP

Re: New Styx Book

Postby FormerDJMike » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Cool! Will definitely pick it up!
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:56 am

Interesting... Mike is the "resident Styxologist" and "official biographer" for the band (and long time friends with Tommy Shaw).. Looks like he got this position around 2014.

Mettler is currently researching and writing the authorized biography of the multiplatinum-selling rock band Styx, and he has also written biographical materials for many other notable internationally renowned recording artists including Foreigner, Tommy Shaw, Don Felder (formerly of the Eagles), Collective Soul, Rik Emmett (formerly of Triumph), Crack The Sky, The Tragically Hip, and the Marshall Tucker Band. He has written liner notes for new albums and historical releases by Styx, Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly, and the Ronnie Montrose estate.

https://kaboomcollective.org/collective/mike-mettler/
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Grotelul » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:42 am

I'm very curious to see if he interviewed Dennis. If not, I would really be disappointed. But, then again, maybe Dennis would refuse if asked.
Grotelul
LP

Return to Styx