Will Evankovich

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Will Evankovich

Postby RumTumJM » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:09 pm

What's the deal with Will?

Is he just touring with the band to help promote the COTC album, or is he now a member of Styx?
http://twitter.com/RockNationRadio

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you...ROCK!"
-Brian May, Queen
RumTumJM
LP

Re: Will Evankovich

Postby yogi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:31 pm

I’m guessing member. Last 2 Styx albums have been GREAT. Since he was all over both those albums & now he’s up on stage playing guitar and singing I’d say member.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:07 am

Will Evankovich (guitarist/vocalist): With songs like “Fooling Yourself,” “Miss America,” and “Man in the Wilderness,” what’s not to love about The Grand Illusion? What’s more is, I now get to play these songs onstage with the band every night, delivered soulfully and true to form by the very guys who created them! I’m honored to be a part of this new chapter in the Styx lineage of amazing albums and performances, and The Grand Illusion at the at the top of the list.

He's a member. You can get into minutia about what a 'member' is... but the dude wrote and produced and recorded two albums with Styx and now plays on tour, on stage.. not hidden away as a sideman... how is that not a member of a band? ;)
StyxGuy
LP

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:03 am

Will Evankovich rhymes with bait and switch.

1 The real emperor-dictator has so decreed it.
2 Officially the second most important member in $haw’s styx.
3 As predicted WE is knighted on stage. BATHWATER drinkers rejoice $haw has spoken. 4 JY Please have a seat till his majesty summons you. Did you know the crown was about to crash on your head?
5 J? Seems pleased with the current situation, proclaims the court jester. Of course he has no choice. Otherwise “off with his head”.
6 $haw Inc. Has spoken

Attention everyone, Queen B contends that if Dennis did anything like this, we all know what the “evil twins” on this forum would say. Twins do you know who and what you are! Here’s one of your favorite songs describing you.

“They want you to believe the unbelievable
They say we should accept the unacceptable
Apparently a lie is never liable”

CS When you admit that they lied continually to the fans as to why Dennis was replaced
and show some remorse for Dennis’s situation then I’ll feel sympathy for JY (anything with the band and not with his personal situation). Till then you’ll remain the “court jester”.
Last edited by SuiteMadameBlue on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:26 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:Will Evankovich rhymes with bait and switch.

3 As predicted WE is knighted on stage. BATHWATER drinkers rejoice $haw has spoken. 4 JY Please have a seat till his majesty summons you. Did you know the crown was about to crash on your head?
5 J? Seems pleased with the current situation, proclaims the court jester. Of course he has no choice. Otherwise “off with his head”.
6 $haw Inc. Has spoken

Attention everyone, Queen B contends that if Dennis did anything like this, we all know what the “evil twins” on this forum would say. Twins do you know who and what you are! Here’s one of your favorite songs describing you.

CS When you admit that they lied continually to the fans as to why Dennis was replaced
and show some remorse for Dennis’s situation then I’ll feel sympathy for JY. Till then you’ll remain the “court jester”.

I have 2 friends who worked for Styx in the early to mid 70s. I know what working with DDY is like according to them. He deserves everything he got! Styx is mush better off without him. I can say no more. Tommy, JY and Chuck are not lying. Confirmed by my friends who have no reason to lie to me.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:02 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:

6 $haw Inc. Has spoken

and show some remorse for Dennis’s situation then I’ll feel sympathy for JY. Till then you’ll remain the “court jester”.

I have 2 friends who worked for Styx in the early to mid 70s. I know what working with DDY is like according to them. He deserves everything he got! Styx is mush better off without him. I can say no more. Tommy, JY and Chuck are not lying. Confirmed by my friends who have no reason to lie to me.

But YOU weren't there so YOU don't know what it is like working with ANY of the band members past and present.

Name them. You are a liar. We the old fans read what was posted on their Paradise Website.
We shocked and saddened that Dennis was retiring. They lied then and you keep lying and long time Styx fans know the truth. Believe that he deserved to be replaced if you like but they lied.
You have completely ignored the Will Evankovich situation because you look like a complete fool. You are the “court jester”.
Your job is to keep making the little dictator king laugh. You fool no one. They all lied.

Dennis’s sister passed 2 days ago. He is a real person not just some symbol of your misplaced derision.
They screwed him while he was sick.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:08 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

6 $haw Inc. Has spoken

But YOU weren't there so YOU don't know what it is like working with ANY of the band members past and present.

Name them. You are a liar. We the old fans read what was posted on their Paradise Website.
We shocked and saddened that Dennis was retiring. They lied then and you keep lying and long time Styx fans know the truth. Believe that he deserved to be replaced if you like but they lied.
You have completely ignored the Will Evankovich situation because you look like a complete fool. You are the “court jester”.
Your job is to keep making the little dictator king laugh. You fool no one. They all lied.

Dennis’s sister passed 2 days ago. He is a real person not just some symbol of your misplaced derision.
They screwed him while he was sick.

Believe whatever you like. I’m not trying to argue. I know what I know. Even Gary Loizzo sided with the guys and did not want to work with him. DDY has quite the reputation. Ever hear what Pat Benatar though about dealing with him? Sorry to hear about his sister. As for the Will E thing… I’m glad he’s in the band. they are more focused and creating great new music partly because of him. I welcome him and hope for a few more great albums! COTC is doing much better than anyone expected. Great time to be a Styx fan. Again, I’m not disrespecting you or anyone. I’m not calling you a liar. I think you really believe your story to be true. I will also add that the 3 times I have spoken with DDY he was nothing but nice to me and I have nothing against him personally. We are both White Sox fans!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:15 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Believe whatever you like. I’m not trying to argue. I know what I know. Even Gary Loizzo sided with the guys and did not want to work with him. DDY has quite the reputation. Ever hear what Pat Benatar though about dealing with him? Sorry to hear about his sister. As for the Will E thing… I’m glad he’s in the band. they are more focused and creating great new music partly because of him. I welcome him and hope for a few more great albums! COTC is doing much better than anyone expected. Great time to be a Styx fan. Again, I’m not disrespecting you or anyone. I’m not calling you a liar. I think you really believe your story to be true. I will also add that the 3 times I have spoken with DDY he was nothing but nice to me and I have nothing against him personally. We are both White Sox fans!

I read their post about Dennis’s retirement on their then Paradise Theatre web page. And I have it.
I post on this forum to stop the lies that have been told about Dennis since 1999, not to argue personal musical tastes. Why, because I want them back together and the lies make sick and hurt the idea of Styx. I loved that band.

When you bring up Pat Benatar and Gary Loizzo as if you know something it does rub me wrong. Here’s what I know about GL. You see I have nearly every interview ever given. Audio and print and most before 1999.

Loizzo owed his entire Styx tenure to Dennis. In 1979 it was Dennis who moved Styx out of Paragon to Pumpkin against the wishes of JY and Tommy. That’s a fact. Even John was reluctant.

Their first and only Grammy nomination came for Cornerstone for best vocal performance by a duo or group and Gary got nominated for engineering.

Dennis used Gary on PT and KWH and Loizzo got nominated for engineering again for KWH. Damn that Mr.Roboto.
Gary mixed Dennis’s live solo shows from 1984 until 1999. Not Tommy’s nor JY’s
When Styx needed a live sound engineer for RTP Dennis gave it to Gary against JY protestations. Like Todd, JY didn’t think Gary was the right person.

Gary was the engineer on Desert Moon, Back to the World and Boomchild. Also 10 on Broadway and The Hunchback. He recorded Lady 95 at Dennis house. He mixed live sound for the Hunchback in Nashville in 1997. He recorded all of Dennis’s tracks on BNW and assisted Dennis on the mixing.
He did not engineer all of Tommy and JY ‘s songs on BNW Ron Nevison not Gary mixed their songs.
Dennis and Gary were the closest of friends and shared many family gatherings. Dennis mentored Todd, Gary’s son and encouraged him to play keyboards. Todd programed Dennis’s synths for EOTC, RPT and Grand illusion 97 tours.
Todd is credited as an engineer on Volume II and they are still friends. Now don’t you feel foolish.
When Dennis became ill in 99 the band asked Gary to continue being their live mixer.
He thought Dennis would never tour again because he was so ill, he took the offer. And like everyone involved at that time including Chuck they chose money over gratitude and loyalty.

Money always wins in these situations. As I have said over and over it was all about money not music or personalities. As Masque has said it was money and everyone can understand that.
But you and your evil twin, based on your belief in your idols words must make Dennis a villain. He isn’t.,
Benatar? Let’s hear it. It will be more bs. Told to you by your sources.

Dennis was nice to you on those 3 occasions because he is nice and a good man. He didn’t even know who you were.
Money talks.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:37 am

Here’s what I remember the time I met Dennis. At some festival in Wisconsin that Dennis was headlining my wife Gina ( 30 yrs in Aug, I far outkicked my coverage)& I met up with Suite. We went to the sound check where I got to meet Dennis’s son Matthew & his tour manager Tim Orchard ( I think that’s his name). Matthew was one of the nicest kids I had met & Tim was even nicer. Tim actually brought chairs back stage for Gina & I to sit on during the concert. I spoke with Tim a lot during the show. Great Great guy. He even gave me his cell number and I called and spoke to him a couple of times after that. Then life got in the way.

After the show concluded I met and spoke to Glen Burtnik who was playing with Dennis’s band that night. Super soft spoken down to earth guy. We talked for about 5-10 minutes. He then autographed my CD ‘Styx Equinox & Edge Of The Century 2 on 1’ He autographed the cover and the front of the actual CD. Commented how he had never seen that CD before. After that Suite took us back to a trailer where Dennis was signing autographs. In white permanent marker Dennis autographed my cell phone and in black marker Dennis signed my Sparky The Flying Dog T shirt. Glen had also signed the T as did August Zandra who I also got to meet and talk to quite a bit earlier, prior to the show. Spoke to Dennis only briefly as there was a line at the table. I do remember that he would not shake hands, BUT and I swear this is true Dennis introduced me to my first fist bump. Can’t remember the year this happened, but Dennis once again was far far ahead of the curve on the fist bump. I wonder if he remembers this?? He got up out of his chair to do it. He was a lot taller than I thought he was, and I didn’t know what the hell to do. It was my first ever fist bump & It was a very wimpy fist bump on my end.

Thanks again Suite
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:44 pm

I think we will be 5 years from a new version of Styx touring out there when "Styx featuring Will Evankovich" is born. "Guess Who..Who's Styx Now" I think this guy is eyeing Styx money, The Guess Who 2.0 must not be a high paying job.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:46 pm

yogi wrote:Here’s what I remember the time I met Dennis. At some festival in Wisconsin that Dennis was headlining my wife Gina ( 30 yrs in Aug, I far outkicked my coverage)& I met up with Suite. We went to the sound check where I got to meet Dennis’s son Matthew & his tour manager Tim Orchard ( I think that’s his name). Matthew was one of the nicest kids I had met & Tim was even nicer. Tim actually brought chairs back stage for Gina & I to sit on during the concert. I spoke with Tim a lot during the show. Great Great guy. He even gave me his cell number and I called and spoke to him a couple of times after that. Then life got in the way.

After the show concluded I met and spoke to Glen Burtnik who was playing with Dennis’s band that night. Super soft spoken down to earth guy. We talked for about 5-10 minutes. He then autographed my CD ‘Styx Equinox & Edge Of The Century 2 on 1’ He autographed the cover and the front of the actual CD. Commented how he had never seen that CD before. After that Suite took us back to a trailer where Dennis was signing autographs. In white permanent marker Dennis autographed my cell phone and in black marker Dennis signed my Sparky The Flying Dog T shirt. Glen had also signed the T as did August Zandra who I also got to meet and talk to quite a bit earlier, prior to the show. Spoke to Dennis only briefly as there was a line at the table. I do remember that he would not shake hands, BUT and I swear this is true Dennis introduced me to my first fist bump. Can’t remember the year this happened, but Dennis once again was far far ahead of the curve on the fist bump. I wonder if he remembers this?? He got up out of his chair to do it. He was a lot taller than I thought he was, and I didn’t know what the hell to do. It was my first ever fist bump & It was a very wimpy fist bump on my end.

Thanks again Suite

That was a great night. It was Rice Lake Aqua Fest (way up North in Wisconsin) on June 17, 2006. The sound check was so much fun especially since we were the only ones there early in the day. I felt like it was a private show and it was pretty cool to hear how they changed arrangements of certain songs. I'm so happy everything worked out for you and Gina and also happy that I was able to meet you in person. I have pictures from that night, I think I sent them to you a long time ago :)

When I work backstage at concerts, I noticed that a lot of musicians did fist bumps over the years or they don't stand to close to the fans when taking pictures. I don't blame them, especially the things I've seen from fans. In today's world, I don't see that many people going backstage like years ago.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:49 pm

LtVanish wrote:I think we will be 5 years from a new version of Styx touring out there when "Styx featuring Will Evankovich" is born. "Guess Who..Who's Styx Now" I think this guy is eyeing Styx money, The Guess Who 2.0 must not be a high paying job.

I agree with you and Michael Staertow seems very happy touring with the Guess Who.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby LtVanish » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:54 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
LtVanish wrote:I think we will be 5 years from a new version of Styx touring out there when "Styx featuring Will Evankovich" is born. "Guess Who..Who's Styx Now" I think this guy is eyeing Styx money, The Guess Who 2.0 must not be a high paying job.

I agree with you and Michael Staertow seems very happy touring with the Guess Who.

Will Evankovich's Styx will be the next John Payne's Asia. Hey maybe a new tour package, opening for Foreigner featuring no original members. :D
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:41 pm

LtVanish wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote:

Will Evankovich's Styx will be the next John Payne's Asia. Hey maybe a new tour package, opening for Foreigner featuring no original members. :D

We already endured years of Dennis replacing the entire band and touring on Styx songs. So, if Will can do the same in five years, good for him.
Monker
MP3

Postby StyxGuy » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:10 am

Found this interesting interview from 1996... Hasn't Tommy said in more recent interviews that the reunion tour was not a happy time?? (e.g. Dennis was once again a demanding egocentric prick that nobody could stand)

https://lasvegassun.com/news/1996/aug/0 ... -paradise/

"Our thinking was, 'If things weren't going to pan out, at least it wouldn't take very long.' But that never came up. It was incredible from Day One."

And he has high praise for DeYoung.

"He always had a great voice, but now he's one of those rare people whose voice gets better and better and better. This guy's a singing machine. Every single night, Dennis walks into the dressing room and it's like, 'Oh, here's Dennis,'" says Shaw, affecting a nonchalance. "Then he walks out on stage and this voice comes out. I'm star struck."
StyxGuy
LP

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:44 am

You are a perfect example of why I have never wanted to meet anybody in any of the bands I like. You come off as such a whiney baby, and you make Dennis sound the same way.

You admit that you only post here to "stop the lies" and have no interest in posting about "personal musical tastes". You have no control over what people say here. If someone wants to lie about Dennis or his time in Styx, there is nothing you can do to stop it. But, the truth is NOBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS CRAP until YOU started your campaign. YOU are the one who wants to talk about, not Styx fans, not "Tommy fans", etc. They would rather talk about CotC because it is one of the best albums Styx has ever released, maybe THE best. THAT is the talk you really want to stop, by posting distractions like this crap about Gary.

You are so tied up in your opinions that anybody who disagrees with you is a liar. The truth is that hanging out with Dennis backstage is not the same thing as working with him in the band. Common sense should tell anybody that. But, you are so in love with Dennis that common sense is thrown out the window and EVERYBODY is a liar. That is just riduclous on your part.

I find it ammusing that in the middle of your rant....and that is what it is, a rant...you said, "When Dennis became ill in 99 the band asked Gary to continue being their live mixer.
He thought Dennis would never tour again because he was so ill, he took the offer." If Dennis was THAT sick, don't you think the band saw that, too? Dennis may as well have quit the band when he and the label forced this path on the band. Tommy was right to want to cancel the entire thing.

But, on to other things.

You say here that Gary owes his career to Dennis. How arrogant Dennis is to believe such things. You, his surrogate, claim EVERYBODY owes their success to Dennis. Todd owes his success to Dennis...you ranted about that for days. Tommy owes his success to Dennis. Without Dennis, Crystal Ball and Renegade would not be hits. Styx would not be successful without Dennis producing...he alone invented their sound, steered the band away from Progressive and more into pop. He alone IS Styx.

That is the most self-centered and arrogant argument ever. And, proven complete bullshit by Cyclorama, The Mission, and especially CotC. All three albums are not just worthy of the Styx name but are some of the best music Styx has ever produced...and it was done WITHOUT DENNIS.

In fact, BNW, KWH, and even somewhat EotC prove that Dennis is a mediocre influence at best. Paradise Theater was the last GREAT Styx album with Dennis, 40yrs ago. Since then, Dennis has offered mediocre pop songs and ballads, and Hunchback songs to Styx. He's not the shit any more and has not been for DECADES.

He has also not been this magical Midas touch to anybody's career since then, either. Nobody in his current band has become huge pop stars. As has been pointed out, he rarely talks about them. He has not taken other people's songs and modified them to make them hits. He has had over 20yrs to prove this is the type of person and musician that he is, and he has done NONE Of it. All he has done is tried to promote Hunchback, and live off of Styx, and whine about his treatment from years, and now Decades, ago.

You are too close and believe in this myth of "Dennis DeYoung" that is unrealistic, simply not true, and over dramatized by stories of exagerated opinion.

There are a few simple facts that prove to me that money was not THE reason Dennis is not in Styx:

They had two successful tours and were in the middle of an attempted reunion. Firing Dennis ends all of that. No reunion tour is a LOSS of money. Replacing Dennis risked being able to tour AT ALL. Replacing Dennis risked hardly making any money at all. So, other factors pushed the band into taking that risk. Being without Dennis was enough of a reward to convince them to take the risk of losing everything.

Refusing to even consider a reunion of any kind. A reunion in today's world would be an instant cash grab. If all the band cared about is money, they would be all over doing some type of reunion. But, obviously, the reward of the $'s does not exceed the negatives of having to deal with Dennis in the band again.

Finally, Styx has been a stable band for 20yrs...ever since Ricky replaced Glen. Nobody has quit or been fired. They may have even ADDED Will. They are OBVIOUSLY in it to make music, to tour, to record when the opportunity comes up. Yes, it pays their bills...but they all seem happy to be doing what they are doing.

So many things have been said by Dennis and people like you that convince me that Dennis is an incredibly arrogant narcissist and drama queen. He thrives on the drama; taking credit for "rescuing" people or making them famous or whatever. He CONSTANTLY plays the victim and never takes responsibility for his own actions. He blames everybody else for where he is in life rather then taking his life in his own hands and moving forward. He is quick to call people liars, or whatever, and persecute them instead of just letting it go and moving on with life. He, and you, prove that he is a narcissist and drame queen. Nobody would want to work with somebody so toxic as the person YOUR posts describe.

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:Believe whatever you like. I’m not trying to argue. I know what I know. Even Gary Loizzo sided with the guys and did not want to work with him. DDY has quite the reputation. Ever hear what Pat Benatar though about dealing with him? Sorry to hear about his sister. As for the Will E thing… I’m glad he’s in the band. they are more focused and creating great new music partly because of him. I welcome him and hope for a few more great albums! COTC is doing much better than anyone expected. Great time to be a Styx fan. Again, I’m not disrespecting you or anyone. I’m not calling you a liar. I think you really believe your story to be true. I will also add that the 3 times I have spoken with DDY he was nothing but nice to me and I have nothing against him personally. We are both White Sox fans!

I read their post about Dennis’s retirement on their then Paradise Theatre web page. And I have it.
I post on this forum to stop the lies that have been told about Dennis since 1999, not to argue personal musical tastes. Why, because I want them back together and the lies make sick and hurt the idea of Styx. I loved that band.

When you bring up Pat Benatar and Gary Loizzo as if you know something it does rub me wrong. Here’s what I know about GL. You see I have nearly every interview ever given. Audio and print and most before 1999.

Loizzo owed his entire Styx tenure to Dennis. In 1979 it was Dennis who moved Styx out of Paragon to Pumpkin against the wishes of JY and Tommy. That’s a fact. Even John was reluctant.

Their first and only Grammy nomination came for Cornerstone for best vocal performance by a duo or group and Gary got nominated for engineering.

Dennis used Gary on PT and KWH and Loizzo got nominated for engineering again for KWH. Damn that Mr.Roboto.
When Styx needed a live sound engineer for RTP Dennis gave it to Gary against JY protestations. Like Todd, JY didn’t think Gary was the right person.

Gary was the engineer on Desert Moon, Back to the World and Boomchild. Also 10 on Broadway and The Hunchback. He recorded Lady 95 at Dennis house. He mixed live sound for the Hunchback in Nashville in 1997. He recorded all of Dennis’s tracks on BNW and assisted Dennis on the mixing.
He did not engineer all of Tommy and JY ‘s songs on BNW Ron Nevison not Gary mixed their songs.
Dennis and Gary were the closest of friends and shared many family gatherings. Dennis mentored Todd, Gary’s son and encouraged him to play keyboards. Todd programed Dennis’s synths for EOTC, RPT and Grand illusion 97 tours.
Todd is credited as an engineer on Volume II and they are still friends. Now don’t you feel foolish.
When Dennis became ill in 99 the band asked Gary to continue being their live mixer.
He thought Dennis would never tour again because he was so ill, he took the offer. And like everyone involved at that time including Chuck they chose money over gratitude and loyalty.

Money always wins in these situations. As I have said over and over it was all about money not music or personalities. As Masque has said it was money and everyone can understand that.
But you and your evil twin, based on your belief in your idols words must make Dennis a villain. He isn’t.,

Dennis was nice to you on those 3 occasions because he is nice and a good man. He didn’t even know who you were.
Money talks.
Monker
MP3

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:58 am

StyxGuy wrote:Found this interesting interview from 1996... Hasn't Tommy said in more recent interviews that the reunion tour was not a happy time?? (e.g. Dennis was once again a demanding egocentric prick that nobody could stand)

"Our thinking was, 'If things weren't going to pan out, at least it wouldn't take very long.' But that never came up. It was incredible from Day One."

"He always had a great voice, but now he's one of those rare people whose voice gets better and better and better. This guy's a singing machine. Every single night, Dennis walks into the dressing room and it's like, 'Oh, here's Dennis,'" says Shaw, affecting a nonchalance. "Then he walks out on stage and this voice comes out. I'm star struck."

TMB IS “TWO MAN BAND” the entity that was formed after Dennis was replaced.
Chuck is not involved only $haw and Young. No Chuck no Chuck. Curious isn’t it.
Money Money Money Money.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:54 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:Found this interesting interview from 1996... Hasn't Tommy said in more recent interviews that the reunion tour was not a happy time?? (e.g. Dennis was once again a demanding egocentric prick that nobody could stand)

TMB IS “TWO MAN BAND” the entity that was formed after Dennis was replaced.
Chuck is not involved only $haw and Young. No Chuck no Chuck. Curious isn’t it.
Money Money Money Money.

Oh, please. Provide the public documents that prove who runs TMB.

TMB published Cyclorama and One With Everything....BBT went directly to UMe. With Regeneration, they went to Alpha Dog...and they are still publishing the CDs. But, TMB are also who was sued when Todd threw a drum stick at some lady's forehead, in 2015...which is after Regeneration was released by Alpha Dog. That means that Alpha Dog had a license to the trademark, but TMB still had some relationship, too.

So, how does it all work. Styx inc/Gelderdisk seems to exist for the "old" Styx, prior to the lawsuit. But, when I look things up, Stygian Songs was their publisher.

What you seem to be saying is that TMB took the place of Styx Inc to remove Dennis. Ok, makes sense...Styx wanted him out and that is what happens...start a new entity without Dennis. The lawsuit probably required that. CMC probably required it, too. Why isn't Chuck involved? I don't know, maybe because he is sick with AIDS and doesn't want to be. I really don't care.

So, you seem to be saying that TMB owns the trademark and licenses it to Alpha Dog. Ok, whatever.

But, all you have done is type and accuse. Prove your bullshit. Post the incorporation documents for TMB and Alpha Dog. Right now, all you are doing is guessing you don't know. Chuck (and/or Gowan, and/or Todd, and/or Will) could be part of Alpha Dog. He could have been added to TMB. You don't know, nobody does. You are just throwing accusations out there because you are the Queen B and have nothing 'real' to say here.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:35 am

In the year in music review I posted from a magazine just a few minutes ago it talks about him being in Styx and how he's influenced the band more than the members have. I don't know if that's good or bad but that's the third interview I've read this year where they say he is influenced the band more than anybody since Dennis.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:09 am

Abitaman wrote:In the year in music review I posted from a magazine just a few minutes ago it talks about him being in Styx and how he's influenced the band more than the members have. I don't know if that's good or bad but that's the third interview I've read this year where they say he is influenced the band more than anybody since Dennis.

Based on the last 2 albums, I would say it's a very good thing!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Grotelul » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:27 pm

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:

Money talks.

You will never get over it will you. You have so much dislike for Tommy and JY that you have to keep posting negative crap about them. You can have your opinions, but it won't change anyone's way of thinking here.

Let it go...just let it go and forgive whoever you think has done Dennis wrong. Until then, you will never find peace with it.
Grotelul
LP

Postby yogi » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:00 pm

Will toured played guitar and sang backing vocals with Jack Blades & Tommy way back, when Shaw/Blades were touring.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby BRETT5150 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:34 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised this is JY’s final tour. He’s not much in the spotlight in the last few shows, and seems to look disinterested.
What is understood need not be discussed
BRETT5150
Ol' 78

Postby yogi » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:35 am

He's fried. The "In Your Cage At the Human Zoo" lyric isnt playing well at all todays culture. The loonies are trying to have him cancelled. Now add to it the recent developments of the KFC suing him over the use of 'their??' KFC bucket & drumstick for JY's Dr Rightous Fried Chicken in the Roboto movie and lawsuits pending VS the Kennedy & Baker family.
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:15 am

BRETT5150 wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised this is JY’s final tour. He’s not much in the spotlight in the last few shows, and seems to look disinterested.

Everyone was saying that last year. Then I went and saw Styx and didn’t see any of these claims in reality. JY seemed as great as ever.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:14 am

Archetype wrote:
BRETT5150 wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised this is JY’s final tour. He’s not much in the spotlight in the last few shows, and seems to look disinterested.

Everyone was saying that last year. Then I went and saw Styx and didn’t see any of these claims in reality. JY seemed as great as ever.

I agree, he has said many times, he will continue until they carry him off the stage.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:11 pm

They are just getting that from reading too much into YouTube videos and interviews. They want something to be true so the see what they want to make true. And, there is probably a bit of jealousy because DDY is not touring.
Monker
MP3

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:08 am

Monker wrote:They are just getting that from reading too much into YouTube videos and interviews. They want something to be true so the see what they want to make true. And, there is probably a bit of jealousy because DDY is not touring.

DDY may be done. Not hearing anything about him touring. I'm sure his band members are not sitting around waiting for him to do a part time weekend gig.
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Jodes » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:47 pm

He's got dates booked for later on in 2022.. Shrug.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Styx