The next Styx album

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

The next Styx album

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Apparently Universal has requested another new album ASAP. The success of COTC, which is now on back order due to better than expected sales, has prompted Universal to make it a trilogy! The Mission, COTC, and ???? Stay tuned!
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: The next Styx album

Postby Archetype » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:38 pm

I’m really enjoying the revival that Styx has been undergoing since 2017. Great new music and absolutely the best live performance of theirs I’ve ever seen last month. Looking forward to the next album. I do hope, however, that Lawrence is given more opportunity to write on this one.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Re: The next Styx album

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm

Archetype wrote:I’m really enjoying the revival that Styx has been undergoing since 2017. Great new music and absolutely the best live performance of theirs I’ve ever seen last month. Looking forward to the next album. I do hope, however, that Lawrence is given more opportunity to write on this one.

Normally, I would agree with the idea of more writing from Gowan. HOWEVER, considering the level of quality of CotC, I really don't care and would be just as happy if they stick to what works.
Monker
MP3

Return to Styx