PROG REPORT AWARDS

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

PROG REPORT AWARDS

Postby yogi » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:22 pm

The PROG report handed out their awards for 2021 and my two all time favorite bands Dream Theater and Styx squared up in two categories. In Album Production Of The Year. Dream Theater edged out Styx and Steve Wilson to win that category & in Artist of the Year Dream Theater ( A View From The Top Of The World) edged out Styx ( Crash Of The Crown). Congratulations to both bands. Dream Theater is also up for their third Grammy this year for Hard Rock/Metal Song Of The Year for 'The Alien'.

Unreal that my two all time favorite bands are finally & still getting love from the critics.

With all of the above said and loving both bands and their recent projects I like Styx’s Crash Of The Crown better then Dream Theaters A View From The Top Of The World. Both albums are GREAT, but Styx’s album is damn near if not PERFECT. Dream Theaters is close but not quite as good in my opinion.

Congrats to both GREAT GREAT bands.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: PROG REPORT AWARDS

Postby yogi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:44 am

If you jump on YouTube there is a 1.5 hour Prog Report Awards video talking about the Best Prog Albums of 2021. It showcases Styx and Crash Of The Crown at about the 57 minute mark. All five of the guys talking about this GREAT album give it HIGH marks all the way thru. Alot of love for Dream Theater too. I really enjoyed this.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: PROG REPORT AWARDS

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:19 am

yogi wrote:If you jump on YouTube there is a 1.5 hour Prog Report Awards video talking about the Best Prog Albums of 2021. It showcases Styx and Crash Of The Crown at about the 57 minute mark. All five of the guys talking about this GREAT album give it HIGH marks all the way thru. Alot of love for Dream Theater too. I really enjoyed this.
https://youtu.be/3vTrPjHrm4s
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx