Dennis on a reunion, again.

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Dennis on a reunion, again.

Postby Monker » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:33 am

It looks like Dennis is still commenting on a reunion.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/denni ... last-time/

Dennis keeps talking about not seeing the Beatles reunite. This is a summary what John Lennon said in a Playboy interview in 1980:

Asked about whether he would find it “interesting” to see the boys back together, John told Playboy: "Wouldn't it be interesting to take Elvis back to his Sun Records period? I don't know.

“But I'm content to listen to his Sun Records. I don't want to dig him up out of the grave.

“The Beatles don't exist and can never exist again. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Richard Starkey could put on a concert... but it can never be the Beatles singing 'Strawberry Fields' or 'I Am The Walrus' again, because we are not in our 20s.

“We cannot be that again, nor can the people who are listening."

He went on to say he “never went to high school reunions,” and has no romanticism about the past.

He added: “I think of it [the past] only inasmuch as it gave me pleasure or helped me grow psychologically. That is the only thing that interests me about yesterday.

“I don't believe in yesterday, by the way. You know I don't believe in yesterday. I am only interested in what I am doing now."

This final statement could even be a dig at Sir Paul McCartney, given it is going against a direct quote from his bandmate in the classic Beatles hit Yesterday.

At the end of the day, while it is clear the bandmates were happy to collaborate in some way, the Beatles did not look likely to hit the stage once again, even if John and George were still with us.

I'm not trying to stir the pot and start the shit again. I am not somebody who knows a lot about the Beatles...but what John Lennon is saying above is so true. He represents somebody who has let go and moved on from the past and looks to see what is going on NOW, or planning for what is next. That's a good place to be...and if you read the last half of the article, it seems that is where Tommy is as well.

And, it is true, Styx CAN'T be what they were back in 1980. They CAN'T be...even if they reunited. And, that's OK...they are fine the way they are...and are doing better than most bands from their era. They are the Styx of today and tomorrow...they are more than just some classic nostalgia band they offer something new as well....and that is a good thing.
Monker
MP3

Re: Dennis on a reunion, again.

Postby LtVanish » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:51 am

I would go see that tour in a second. Other than that I have no interest in going to see Will Evankovich's Styx.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 am

I agree 100% with the way Dennis sees this situation. 100%!!

I also respect & agree with Tommy,JY and the rest of Current Styx on how they view the situation of getting back together with Dennis for one final tour.

I would go see the DDY Returns to Styx tour in a second.

I would also love to see a tour where Current Styx plays nothing but the entire albums The Mission & Crash Of The Crown.

If I had to choose between the two I would choose The Mission & Crash Of The Crown tour and wouldn’t think twice about it.

Tommy, JY & Chuck screwed Dennis no doubt. But Tommy, JY & Chuck also have every right to play music with whomever they want to.

I agree with both sides 100%. I will now go by the MONiKer of SwitzerlandYOGI
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:10 am

I am more interested in what Styx has to offer now and in the future then to relive the past again and see them play Babe with DDY.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:25 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:I am more interested in what Styx has to offer now and in the future then to relive the past again and see them play Babe with DDY.

Seems to me they like to relive the past quite a bit with these Reo Speedwagon tours where they are not even the headlining show on certain nights. :roll:
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:37 am

LtVanish wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:I am more interested in what Styx has to offer now and in the future then to relive the past again and see them play Babe with DDY.

Seems to me they like to relive the past quite a bit with these Reo Speedwagon tours where they are not even the headlining show on certain nights. :roll:

I agree but they still continue to move forward with new music. They need to play the old songs to keep everyone happy and fill the seats but they don't need to bring DDY back into the mix and throw out all that they've done in the last 23 years! The only reason I'm planning to attend a show this year is to hear the new songs. I don't need to hear Come Sail Away for the 20th time in concert. Besides, DDY's not coming out of his basement anytime soon.
STYX new album coming in 2024
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:26 am

Dennis should quit his whining and begging. It’s getting really pathetic. He sounds like a dude who keeps begging his ex to take him back, when she has fully moved on and married someone else. A reunion wouldn’t even be that exciting now because it’ll be associated with his constant fucking crying.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Return to Styx